HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree78Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #1111

I signed up for delivery on the dtv portal but I think I will just go and pick up the Draco box from HN near my workplace.

Hi,

I have tried with 3 cables same issue.
Cant believe the box so jialat...
Old 11-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #1112
Supremacy Member

Hi,

What's your Batch# (Under Information)?
Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #1113

Almost gotten the NMS, went ahead to buy the Draco, works well.

Just can't seem to get TV1 from my area(Bishan)
Old 11-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #1114
High Supremacy Member

I signed up for delivery on the dtv portal but I think I will just go and pick up the Draco box from HN near my workplace.
I don't think you can redeem the Draco box as IMDA system will probably state your letter as redeemed via delivery.

Posted from PCWX using SONY SUMIRE
Old 15-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #1115

Those that want Draco HDT2-7700 bundle with Funke DSC250 active antenna can try Bedok Mall Best Denki. Managed to exchange one last Saturday.
Old 15-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #1116

Those that want Draco HDT2-7700 bundle with Funke DSC250 active antenna can try Bedok Mall Best Denki. Managed to exchange one last Saturday.
new Draco model comes with additional free antenna!
Old 15-10-2018, 04:39 PM   #1117

Hi,

Maybe is the problem is from the box itself. Mine also need to go rma...
Can't believe this kind of shitty stuff can retail for $100+...
Old 16-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #1118

I actually bought this J&Jay dvb-t2 box....bought 2 somemore, working well. But sometimes signal strength depend on your surrounding whether got any blockage. Got one in my bro room, only can receive channel u and 8, my room can received all channels sharp and clear.

But i think all boxes should work the same logic, get something to stack up at the base of the box, so that its more cooling, and box won't heat up even viewing for many hours

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/...code=613002496
Old 16-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #1119
Supremacy Member

I actually bought this J&Jay dvb-t2 box....bought 2 somemore, working well. But sometimes signal strength depend on your surrounding whether got any blockage. Got one in my bro room, only can receive channel u and 8, my room can received all channels sharp and clear.

But i think all boxes should work the same logic, get something to stack up at the base of the box, so that its more cooling, and box won't heat up even viewing for many hours

If you got time, do provide feedback/review over at this thread which is all about cheap STB from PRC.
dricas_007 likes this.
Old 16-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #1120
Arch-Supremacy Member

Iirc they just lowered the price..
Old 16-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #1121
Supremacy Member

Hi bros, I need help and advice:

My free DTV Starter kit started to have issue, on Channel 8 (my dad only watched this channel) the picture keep freezing and paused, sound also muted at the same time, wonder if the box is faulty or the antenna is weak? need to buy a digital antenna with signal booster? This TV is at the living room and the antenna is at the wall 1m+ to the door. My another room TV using dvb t2 tv receiver bought from qoo10 doesn't have this issue, that makes me think shouldn't be signal weak issue?
Old 16-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #1122
Honorary Member

Hi bros, I need help and advice:

My free DTV Starter kit started to have issue, on Channel 8 (my dad only watched this channel) the picture keep freezing and paused, sound also muted at the same time, wonder if the box is faulty or the antenna is weak? need to buy a digital antenna with signal booster? This TV is at the living room and the antenna is at the wall 1m+ to the door. My another room TV using dvb t2 tv receiver bought from qoo10 doesn't have this issue, that makes me think shouldn't be signal weak issue?
Why don't u do some troubleshooting then? Bring your room's DVB-T2 receiver to the living room and test the antenna? If reception is ok, then perhaps is the receiver box problem.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 16-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #1123
Supremacy Member

Why don't u do some troubleshooting then? Bring your room's DVB-T2 receiver to the living room and test the antenna? If reception is ok, then perhaps is the receiver box problem.
Thx for the suggestion, as my new TV will be delivering tmr, will try on the TV's built-in tuner first. I nearly wanted to order the antenna booster from qoo10 but feedback from customers the seller takes weeks to deliver.
Old 16-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #1124
Honorary Member

Thx for the suggestion, as my new TV will be delivering tmr, will try on the TV's built-in tuner first. I nearly wanted to order the antenna booster from qoo10 but feedback from customers the seller takes weeks to deliver.
I suggest u not buy anything yet.

Since your room's STB (set top box) and antenna are working fine, use them to test the stuff in your living room.

Bring your living room's STB to your room to test the STB with the working antenna.

Bring your room's working STB to the living room to test the antenna.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 16-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #1125
Supremacy Member

I suggest u not buy anything yet.

Since your room's STB (set top box) and antenna are working fine, use them to test the stuff in your living room.

Bring your living room's STB to your room to test the STB with the working antenna.

Bring your room's working STB to the living room to test the antenna.
Thanks for your suggestion, I have thought of that but I found it quite hard to remove the living room's antenna from the wall, worry the paint may comes out when force removal. During the installation i didn't see, wonder if it's using double sided foam tape?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.