HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree93Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2018, 04:25 PM   #1171

Thanks for your resolution.
I have been having this stupid problem for a long while.
I have to switched off the TV box and restart it when it happens.
Was thinking that the TV box is the cause for the issue.
Will change to see whether there is any improvement.
Thank you for the updates and noted on this. Great tips!
Old 28-10-2018, 04:49 PM   #1172
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for your resolution.
I have been having this stupid problem for a long while.
I have to switched off the TV box and restart it when it happens.
Was thinking that the TV box is the cause for the issue.
Will change to see whether there is any improvement.
I ask a question and it becomes your solution?
Old 28-10-2018, 06:55 PM   #1173
Great Supremacy Member

I ask a question and it becomes your solution?
I am not watching the TV.
My mum is the supporter.
Any resolution of the TV will not make any difference to her as long as it dun make the stupid noise and freeze screen.
Save my trouble of hearing her complaining about it all the time.
As the antenna was facing the common corridor with some human traffic, I was thinking that some entity might have caused the interference.
Old 28-10-2018, 11:16 PM   #1174
Supremacy Member

new Draco model comes with additional free antenna!
Not Funke antenna.
Old 29-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #1175
Master Member

currently using the konka dvb-t2 receiver provided free by m1/mda , anybuttie change it to a better model?
Old 29-10-2018, 12:06 PM   #1176

Any gurus here can recommend a universal learning remote control (similar to NMS learning remote) for the draco hdt2-7700 digital tv box?

My parents keep on complaining to me about toggling 2 remote controls which make them confused. I should have gotten the NMS tv box in first place, damn it...
Old 30-10-2018, 03:16 AM   #1177
Great Supremacy Member

new Draco model comes with additional free antenna!
Can check with you on what is new model number for Draco ?
Or you are referring to 7700 ?
I am looking around and I see 7700 only.
Old 30-10-2018, 05:55 AM   #1178

Will like to ask something.. for digital ready tv, all I need is antenna right?
Is it that all antenna will need to connect to usb (on tv)? Is there any antenna that uses hdmi or other forms of connection & does not require USB port?

My new digital smart tv will be delivered next week and I haven order the antenna..
Can someone please recommend me the best/foolproof/strongest antenna so that i donít go kuku when things donít work?
Itís meant for master bedroom, thick walls but near window..

My living room is on scv and Itís literally my first time dealing with tv and I know nothing sia..
Old 30-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #1179

Any gurus here can recommend a universal learning remote control (similar to NMS learning remote) for the draco hdt2-7700 digital tv box?

My parents keep on complaining to me about toggling 2 remote controls which make them confused. I should have gotten the NMS tv box in first place, damn it...

Check Qoo10, Shopee or Lazada for Universal Remote Control. Most important is to check whether ur Tv brand and Tv Box Remote are supported or not and let it learns all the important buttons to switch on both Tv Box and TV at the same time.

Last edited by tt88; 30-10-2018 at 09:52 AM..
Old 30-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #1180
Great Supremacy Member

Will like to ask something.. for digital ready tv, all I need is antenna right?
Is it that all antenna will need to connect to usb (on tv)? Is there any antenna that uses hdmi or other forms of connection & does not require USB port?

My new digital smart tv will be delivered next week and I haven order the antenna..
Can someone please recommend me the best/foolproof/strongest antenna so that i donít go kuku when things donít work?
Itís meant for master bedroom, thick walls but near window..

My living room is on scv and Itís literally my first time dealing with tv and I know nothing sia..
Yes, all you need is an indoor antenna to watch digital channels on your new TV.

All indoor antennas are powered with an USB supply, which you can either plug it to the USB port on your TV or other USB sources.

You can consider the Funke indoor antenna, available at major electronic outlets like Courts and Harvey Norman.
Old 30-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #1181

Amazinggone: thanks bro! Going to buy Funke indoor antenna over the weekend!
Old 30-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #1182

Just wanna put it out there...

I'm not sure what kind of ties Mediacorp or IMDA has with digital TV equipment manufacturers but just to be sure that you can actually connect your DVB-T2 enabled television or set-top box to the master antenna (MATV) if you are living in a premise that still has those infrastructure available to you. This is by far, the best way to receive digital TV (DTV) come end 2018 IMHO. If you already know that, sorry but allow me to explain further.

I have brought up this matter to Mediacorp and IMDA about why do the publications for DTV don't advise "best solutions" to viewers. For example, they have told households how to be digital ready and that you'll need an indoor antenna for the respective equipment, but why haven't they advised a MATV connection as well?

They couldn't come up with an answer but have brushed me off by saying that the motive of the indoor antenna is an advantage to the viewer for where he/she would want to place the TV set in the house. While I find that that is a valid reason, I've also told them that it feels like to an untrained person in this field, it is a MUST to have that indoor antenna to receive DTV; which, who knows, they might have a MATV connection too. They have yet to get back to me on that and it has been 6 months since I sent that email too.

To all helping out your family, friends and neighbours to be DTV ready, I hope you guys could assess the kinds of connections they have before advising the appropriate equipment required. They just might not need an indoor antenna for all you know and this could help them save money. However, if they are on the DTV scheme by IMDA and Mediacorp, getting free equipment or vouchers, then this would not apply to them, assuming that they are already hooked up on DTV as directed by the officials.

On the other hand, I recently got a 32" Philips TV which was DVB-T2 and DVB-C ready. Connected that to the SCTV socket and it was able to detect scrambled and unscrambled channels offered by StarHub on the cable platform. Imagine if that TV had a smartcard slot, I would have used my existing smartcard on that TV and do away with their crappy set-top box!

But I also came to realised that the unscrambled channels which are the obvious FTA channels (Mediacorp channels specifically), were not HD and didn't come with EPG support as well. Curious, but has anyone experienced the same thing as well? Hope to hear from y'all soon!
Old 30-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #1183
Supremacy Member

But I also came to realised that the unscrambled channels which are the obvious FTA channels (Mediacorp channels specifically), were not HD and didn't come with EPG support as well. Curious, but has anyone experienced the same thing as well? Hope to hear from y'all soon!
The Mediacorp channels your tv detected, are they the reduced screen size type?
Old 30-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #1184
Supremacy Member

I'm not sure what kind of ties Mediacorp or IMDA has with digital TV equipment manufacturers but just to be sure that you can actually connect your DVB-T2 enabled television or set-top box to the master antenna (MATV) if you are living in a premise that still has those infrastructure available to you. This is by far, the best way to receive digital TV (DTV) come end 2018 IMHO. If you already know that, sorry but allow me to explain further.

I have brought up this matter to Mediacorp and IMDA about why do the publications for DTV don't advise "best solutions" to viewers. For example, they have told households how to be digital ready and that you'll need an indoor antenna for the respective equipment, but why haven't they advised a MATV connection as well?

On the other hand, I recently got a 32" Philips TV which was DVB-T2 and DVB-C ready. Connected that to the SCTV socket and it was able to detect scrambled and unscrambled channels offered by StarHub on the cable platform. Imagine if that TV had a smartcard slot, I would have used my existing smartcard on that TV and do away with their crappy set-top box!

All the hdb matv will be decommissioned (or no further maintenance) after 1/1/19. But this is a non-issue as most household are provided with free equipment

For private condo, it is up to the MC, it could be one way of connection if everyone want to pay for the maintenance. It could cost $10-$20 per unit.

One target for imda to implement dvb-t2 is to "cut cable", so all houses do not have to lay rf cable and antenna point, and make placement of tv more convinient.

DVB-T2 antenna is not expensive, many can use $2 passive antenna to receive.

As for your picture from SCV, most likely you are not receiving digital signal, because you would see full hd if you can receive correctly.
Old 30-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #1185
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hello good people, just wondering if anyone has similar issues like mine whereby the channels will go missing once every few days when you turn on the TV? I have to do a rescan every time this happens. Rescanning doesnt do the job at all. Does anyone of you have a suggestion?

Using the digital TV box provided by MDA.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.