Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Store room with lots of stuff in it. Small box on the left contains the coax amplifier+splitters that distribute coax to all TV points. Starhub cable goes into the box via trunking from the ground; I disconnected that cable from the amplifier+splitters and connected the antenna externally.

DSC_0028.jpg

Surprise that you can receive the TV signal in the store room.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's the standard New Media Solutions one lor...sian. Now thinking about what to do.

Tried turning off and on but doesn't work. Even tried reconnecting all the wires. Now the screen is just black (with sounds/subtitles from whichever channel I am on).

The worst thing is when I press Menu, the screen remains black. Can't adjust anything at all.

kns my box also uplorry yesterday.

tml need to go challenger or courts to get the draco liao.

NMS simply QC fail :vijayadmin:

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They probably factor the repair cost in the $98 retail price. :o

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS

hippoheyhey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheapskate dvb-t2 box worth $98? taobao sell less than $20, nms and draco milk the govt gao gao. not surprised the directors are all linked to the ivory tower

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys... understand that today is the last day for the redemption.. I have 2 tv at all and it seems like i can only redeem one antenna. Both TVs are sony, one TV is sitting on the TV console and another is hidden inside a cupboard. Any recommendations which kind of antenna should I get, will it affect the signal?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys... understand that today is the last day for the redemption.. I have 2 tv at all and it seems like i can only redeem one antenna. Both TVs are sony, one TV is sitting on the TV console and another is hidden inside a cupboard. Any recommendations which kind of antenna should I get, will it affect the signal?
Are both TVs able to support digital TV aka DVB-T2?

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

no hurry

IMDA has extended the cut-off date by 3 months.

you can redeem 2 antenna, I suggest
- 2 x funke 550 or
- one funke 250 + one funke 560

so that you can maximize the $100 voucher.

For the TV in the cabinet, it should be ok because you can put the antenna outside if the reception is not good enough. the antenna should come with 3.5m cable.

If your tv don't have built-in digital receiver, just order dvb-2 set top box from qoo10 at about $20-25 each

dexter9898

Reaction score
no hurry

IMDA has extended the cut-off date by 3 months.

you can redeem 2 antenna, I suggest
- 2 x funke 550 or
- one funke 250 + one funke 560

so that you can maximize the $100 voucher.

For the TV in the cabinet, it should be ok because you can put the antenna outside if the reception is not good enough. the antenna should come with 3.5m cable.

If your tv don't have built-in digital receiver, just order dvb-2 set top box from qoo10 at about $20-25 each

The shutdown is still on 2 JAN 2019.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what TV is recommended ah ?

might as well buy new TV cos mine is a 8 year old LED liao

any 42~46" smart tv recommendation ?

Reaction score

I thought we got one year warranty ? Actually recently on off I can hear my nms the plug will have eee eee sound . Both sets also have sound .

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought we got one year warranty ? Actually recently on off I can hear my nms the plug will have eee eee sound . Both sets also have sound .

idk idc, now i decided to buy a new TV instead.

i dun really trust all these free boxes. Free things usually not as good :s13:

Michael_Scofield

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if my old TV is a DVB-T but not a DVB-T2 how ah?

need the box? I guess so... if so... are there any box that is USB powered through USB?

Minty Mint

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... i helped my grandfather to set up his old analogue flat screen tv... bought the draco 7700 receiver from Courts. Its came with funkie 250 active antenna and all local tv channels work perfectly fine with strong signals.

But, how could i pair / sync the tv remote control with the draco remote control? Apparently now my grandfather has to use the tv remote control to turn on the tv and then use to draco remote control to switch btw channels and volume. I think the remote control of New Media solutions can be pair with the tv remote control.

I read some previous posts that i can instead get my grandfather a universal remote control. ....

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... i helped my grandfather to set up his old analogue flat screen tv... bought the draco 7700 receiver from Courts. Its came with funkie 250 active antenna and all local tv channels work perfectly fine with strong signals.

But, how could i pair / sync the tv remote control with the draco remote control? Apparently now my grandfather has to use the tv remote control to turn on the tv and then use to draco remote control to switch btw channels and volume. I think the remote control of New Media solutions can be pair with the tv remote control.

I read some previous posts that i can instead get my grandfather a universal remote control. ....

If don wan waste extra $, jus ask him to learn lo. The tv remote only control power on/off switch n volume. The draco +/- control the channels n power on/off switch of the draco box. Yr grandfather used to tv remote control buttons no issue.

So yr grandpa only need to learn the power on/off n the channels buttons. 2 buttons only. If don switch off yr stb, only 1 button to learn !

petetherock

Reaction score
LIGHTS OUT TONIGHT:
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-analogue-tv-signals-turn-off-on-jan-11077330

SINGAPORE: Singapore will transition from analogue to digital television (DTV) at midnight on Jan 1, 2019, paving the way for better quality pictures, superior sound, multi-language subtitles and electronic programme guides.

Singapore is among the latest countries to go digital, joining the likes of the United States, Canada, Japan and South Korea, as part of a global trend.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...-analogue-tv-signals-turn-off-on-jan-11077330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.