HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Like Tree77Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 11:54 AM   #1231
Supremacy Member

For the set up box- are we able to record one channel and watch another channel at the same time?
I tried to do it on my Draco but doesnít work. Not sure is it something I did wrongly or thereís no such feature on the set up box.
Because these STB came with only 1 tuner. However you can record and watch a different channel at the same time provided they are from the same frequency range. For eg, recording Ch-5 and watching Suria channel.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #1232
Supremacy Member

Seems like the draco brand is better received than the nms, is that true?
Both have issues but seem like NMS have more complaints.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #1233

100 off TV

Anyone tried using the voucher to buy a new TV set? Is there a list of approved models to choose from or will it qualify as long as it's a DigitalTV ready set?
Old 10-11-2018, 11:12 PM   #1234

Because these STB came with only 1 tuner. However you can record and watch a different channel at the same time provided they are from the same frequency range. For eg, recording Ch-5 and watching Suria channel.
Thanks so much for information. Didnít know of this at all. But is any set up box with more than 1 tuner?
I am usually toggling between Ch 8 n Ch U- are these 2 of the same or different frequency.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:05 AM   #1235
Supremacy Member

Thanks so much for information. Didnít know of this at all. But is any set up box with more than 1 tuner?
I am usually toggling between Ch 8 n Ch U- are these 2 of the same or different frequency.
There are but not popular nor cheap, you are better off getting a cheap PRC (China) STB just for recording purpose which cost less than $25.

The 2 channels mentioned are not in the same frequency range.
Old 16-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #1236

just got my panasonic th43fx600s. when using toggle red, it will jump back to normal tv after every 10+mins(the part where it will be commercial break when shown on tv). sometimes it will auto logoff from toggle. Is it problem with TV or Toggle? I'm using LAN for the TV
Old 17-11-2018, 12:04 AM   #1237
Supremacy Member

so now the best setup box to claim is draco?
Old 17-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #1238

Awaiting to expand more channels for digital... some have some don't is disturbing and not shiok,
Old 17-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #1239
Supremacy Member

just got my panasonic th43fx600s. when using toggle red, it will jump back to normal tv after every 10+mins(the part where it will be commercial break when shown on tv). sometimes it will auto logoff from toggle. Is it problem with TV or Toggle? I'm using LAN for the TV
Best to direct your queries to Mediacorpse and/or Panasonic.
Old 17-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #1240
Supremacy Member

those with ukobox does the web tv lags? mine keep loading all the time e.g. every 5 min or so. sometimes data error. this is despite the box is like 1m from my router.
Old 17-11-2018, 12:14 PM   #1241
Supremacy Member

so now the best setup box to claim is draco?
Yes, better choice out of the 2 free STB.
Old 17-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #1242
Supremacy Member

those with ukobox does the web tv lags? mine keep loading all the time e.g. every 5 min or so. sometimes data error. this is despite the box is like 1m from my router.
The PCB design of this box is flawed having the processor so close to the USB port with no real heat dissipation provided. Thin aluminum sheet is no replacement for real heat-sink!

Might want to try using a usb extension cable for the wifi adapter instead of plugging directly to the usb port.
Old 17-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #1243
Supremacy Member

Yes, better choice out of the 2 free STB.
have to personally go buy right? ask them come house install is random 1 right?
Old 17-11-2018, 01:14 PM   #1244
Supremacy Member

have to personally go buy right? ask them come house install is random 1 right?
Either free redeem or direct purchase need to be done at the retailer, only NMS can be done online and deliver to your mailbox. Installation is straight-forward lah, refer to ads on TV, YT or the user manual can already.
Old 17-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #1245
Supremacy Member

Either free redeem or direct purchase need to be done at the retailer, only NMS can be done online and deliver to your mailbox. Installation is straight-forward lah, refer to ads on TV, YT or the user manual can already.
so if i get them to install for me, i cannot choose draco right?

cause my tv quite heavy. need to unmount from the wall mount. if can get the better setup box n get them to do for me is best.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.