HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 10:32 PM   #151

Anyone knows how to factory reset NMS box? Mine just played for few hrs then it suddenly went dead. It keep on showing the ON on the led and canít see anything from my TV.

I canít use the remote to change channels or anything it doesnít seems to work.
lork44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:07 AM   #152
Master Member

Anyone knows how to factory reset NMS box? Mine just played for few hrs then it suddenly went dead. It keep on showing the ON on the led and canít see anything from my TV.

I canít use the remote to change channels or anything it doesnít seems to work.
Unlike devices such as router/modem, there is no hard factory reset, you can verify this with the user manual as shown in my post #133.

Another possibility based on the symptom is your HDMI/RCA connection may be faulty. If this is ruled out then...

Your set is faulty. Call/email the service center for support.
lork44 likes this.

Last edited by mrsun18; 04-03-2019 at 01:16 AM..
mrsun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #153

Unlike devices such as router/modem, there is no hard factory reset, you can verify this with the user manual as shown in my post #133.

Another possibility based on the symptom is your HDMI/RCA connection may be faulty. If this is ruled out then...

Your set is faulty. Call/email the service center for support.
I've change both HDMI cables and tried on different HDMI ports on different TV and RCA as well. It seems like the device is not responding.

I've emailed NMS support and they requested me to bring the box down to verify.
mrsun18 likes this.
lork44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #154
High Supremacy Member

I have just exchanged my NMS box. Crossing fingers..... Hopefully no more "auto-update TP information" crap.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #155

I have just exchanged my NMS box. Crossing fingers..... Hopefully no more "auto-update TP information" crap.
Call hotline, their installer can help you to remove the auto update......
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #156
High Supremacy Member

Call hotline, their installer can help you to remove the auto update......
simi installer? firmware is it?

they told me it could be the hardware issue and not firmware or menu options. *Touch wood* i didnt face any "auto-update TP information" yet since the exchange.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:10 AM   #157

they told me it could be the hardware issue and not firmware or menu options. *Touch wood* i didnt face any "auto-update TP information" yet since the exchange.
They got the flashing program to remove/disable the auto update image by USB flashing. Yes, maybe they already remove/disable it before hand when you received an exchange set.......
It is not a problem from the STB. It is a feature. If you don't like, tell them to remove it lor.
I **** the installer why remove this feature without end-user permission. This feature is IMPORTANT to me........

Last edited by Durian Shell; 06-03-2019 at 12:16 AM..
Old 06-03-2019, 12:16 AM   #158

Hi can I ask how was the exchange? hassle-free? Thinking of getting their box but wanna know how is their service like just in case.. thanks!

Also hope your new box works fine!
eatpopcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:24 AM   #159
High Supremacy Member

They got the flashing program to remove the auto update image by USB flashing. Yes, maybe they already remove it before hand when you received an exchange set.......
It is not a problem from the STB. It is a feature. If you don't like, tell them to remove it lor.
I **** the installer why remove this feature without end-user permission. This feature is IMPORTANT to me........
If that was the case then it should be included in the firmware as the "auto update" by right should not occurred in the first place as mentioned by them. I have already updated the firmware to the latest but it was still happened. It was made by hardware malfunction issue and therefore it is not a feature. They just handed another set from the bunch that they normally would to another customer for exchange.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:26 AM   #160
High Supremacy Member

Hi can I ask how was the exchange? hassle-free? Thinking of getting their box but wanna know how is their service like just in case.. thanks!

Also hope your new box works fine!
Better email to them about your issue and let them determine if an exchange is necessary. Have the email print out if the exchange is necessary to avoid/prevent the tech from the company doing the unnecessary troubleshooting.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:30 AM   #161

If that was the case then it should be included in the firmware as the "auto update" by right should not occurred in the first place as mentioned by them. I have already updated the firmware to the latest but it was still happened. It was made by hardware malfunction issue and therefore it is not a feature. They just handed another set from the bunch that they normally would to another customer for exchange.
You flashing new firmware, the auto update image is still there, LPPL..Already explained, need to remove/disable the auto update image.....
By the way, I'm happen to use this feature
Old 06-03-2019, 12:51 AM   #162
High Supremacy Member

You flashing new firmware, the auto update image is still there, LPPL..Already explained, need to remove/disable the auto update image.....
By the way, I'm happen to use this feature
i dont understand your statement. You meant that are other eproms in the hardware that cant be replaced except using the "installer", instead of flashing the firmware.

And what do you meant by use this feature? Do you know what it does?
Old 07-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #163
Master Member

@P R N D

Hi, the USB power comes from your set top box if you have not disabled the option.

Even if you have disabled the option, you may still be able to enjoy good reception if the signal at your location is good.

According to specs, the antenna gain is 14 DBi (compared to a optimum gain of 5dBi from dipole), and an amplifier gain of 13 dB.

As it is, the antenna gain is already quite good compared to those cheap whip antenna which can also work in some locations. So the amplifier is redundant. You can verify this by checking on your STB setting.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #164
Master Member

Hi mrsun18, i did not need the set up box as i using digital TV.

So i do not need the amplifier to connect to TV USB to power up the Antenna since i already able received clear channels?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
It is possible that you can use the active antenna as a passive one without the USB supply, if the signal is strong enough at your location. i am not sure if your tv antenna port supplies the 5v similar to the STB antenna port. You may wish to confirm with the service centre of your tv .

Last edited by mrsun18; 08-03-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 08-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #165
Master Member

, i did not need the set up box as i using digital TV.

So i do not need the amplifier to connect to TV USB to power up the Antenna since i already able received clear channels?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
one option is to give/sell away the active antenna and buy a $2 passive antenna. It is much smaller.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.