Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
bro, easy fix for your grandmother.

take those multi color electrica tap and tap those few buttons that they use.

old people watch 2 channels at home, they only need a few buttons. give them those with color code.

confirm learn fast

its just sometimes the setup box is off or the tv is not in hdmi mode she doesnt know how to read so she dont know need to on the box or even go hdmi.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any remote control recommendation that can clone or learn the Draco channels remote and philips tv volume remote?

grandmother really dont know how to use 2 remotes even after teaching her over and over everyday. once she press wrong remote to a normal tv channel she doesnt know how to go back to hdmi already.

buy a new tv with built-in dvb receiver, not easy for old people to learn new things.

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NMS box is not very good, not sure if it's firmware or hardware but the box does not fully support Matroska, get audio but no video :s13:

matroska is industry standard :o

dexter9898

Reaction score
NMS box is not very good, not sure if it's firmware or hardware but the box does not fully support Matroska, get audio but no video :s13:

NMS box can only support video encoded in Mpeg2 and Mpeg 4 (H.264) video.

DivX, Xvid, RMVB & etc are not supported.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

JkEn89u.jpg

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
buy a new tv with built-in dvb receiver, not easy for old people to learn new things.

ya its really very hard i can teach her everyday and keep repeating she still cant get it. i was actually thinking of changing the draco to the NMS box cause the remote has the learning function. but seems like courts harvery norman all these dont carry them anymore they only carry draco now

Uno_Hu

Reaction score
My NMS box is showing some trouble Ch8 has zero signal quality but the strength is 90% sometimes it freezes and pixelates. Other channels are all okay. Wonder if it's the hardware or the transmission

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My NMS box is showing some trouble Ch8 has zero signal quality but the strength is 90% sometimes it freezes and pixelates. Other channels are all okay. Wonder if it's the hardware or the transmission

you are using active antenna, so the strength doesn't mean anything to you. more important to look at signal quality.

zero signal quality means that there is interference or channel 8 signal level is low.

In either cases, you can try shifting the antenna to a place that give you better signal quality.

My friend's TV with NMS antenna is interferred by his TV box if he turned on the wifi. So check whether you have router/tv box/wifi close to the NMS antenna and the antenna cable. If yes, move them further away.

Durian Shell

Reaction score
i think there's some problem with my antenna. when i go to the menu to toggle the antenna power to on, when i exit the menu and enter back, it will auto toggle to off.

because of this i can't find any channel.

i think i've correctly connected the antenna. to the box and usb to the tv. any help?

Likely while you connect the antenna when the STB is turn on. It may get spark or shorted the aerial terminal at the STB. It will trigger the antenna circuit protection (auto switch off the ANT power). Check 1) your antenna is it faulty. Try new antenna if you has spare antenna.... 2) Is your STB defective? Try factory reset... Last, call M1 for replacement with still under warranty....

itfans

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using the NMS setup box (FW 2.1) with Samsung LCD Series 4 TV and found that recently whenever the setup box is on, my Samsung TV IR remote control will not response at all - cant up/down TV volume, power off/on TV, cant switch HDMI) and the TV remote control only working back once the NMS setup box being turned off (same for both HDMI or AV connections) ..

Could it be some sort of interference between the HDMI/AV port with the TV IR? Anyone encounter similar condition?

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
Just collected the Draco HDT2-7700+Funke DSC250 from Harvey Norman (Millenia Walk).
Pretty straight forward set up except somehow the provided HDMI cable does not work with my LG monitor. :s11:
Works with my LG TV though. :s22:

The box came with software version DVB-T2 HD V1.3.0 (May 30 2018)
Is this the latest software?
I tried updating via OTA but it always fails at the "Collecting information" part.

Durian Shell

Reaction score
Hi, I'm using the NMS setup box (FW 2.1) with Samsung LCD Series 4 TV and found that recently whenever the setup box is on, my Samsung TV IR remote control will not response at all - cant up/down TV volume, power off/on TV, cant switch HDMI) and the TV remote control only working back once the NMS setup box being turned off (same for both HDMI or AV connections) ..

Could it be some sort of interference between the HDMI/AV port with the TV IR? Anyone encounter similar condition?

Did you do the correct methods for setting up the TV RC with your STB RC?
http://nms.com.sg/Videos/NMS_ETA_Stereo_Learning_Remote.mp4

Note: some TV may not work with STB RC or other issue .....

Durian Shell

Reaction score
Just collected the Draco HDT2-7700+Funke DSC250 from Harvey Norman (Millenia Walk).
Pretty straight forward set up except somehow the provided HDMI cable does not work with my LG monitor. :s11:

I tried updating via OTA but it always fails at the "Collecting information" part.

You can download here, update via USB

http://newmediasolutions.azurewebsites.net/Home/STBIoT

itfans

Reaction score
Did you do the correct methods for setting up the TV RC with your STB RC?
http://nms.com.sg/Videos/NMS_ETA_Stereo_Learning_Remote.mp4

Note: some TV may not work with STB RC or other issue .....

I initially tested only with the synced STB RC which was correctly set up and then with the TV remote alone. Result is the same even after I reset my TV- both RC for the STB and TV only can work on TV once the STB is turned off .. if the TV IR is spoiled it wont work at all, right? but it works only once STB is off..sounds like there is some sort of conflict that disable the TV IR when the STB is on .. called NMS but they said they have never heard such thing..

suuhhc

Reaction score

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Unless the new firmware offer some new feature which u want, I don't see the need to upgrade firmware if the current one give no problem.

SkimMilk

Master Member
Reaction score
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Unless the new firmware offer some new feature which u want, I don't see the need to upgrade firmware if the current one give no problem.

Like you said, new features are introduced with new firmware, but so are bug fixes / basic software improvements.
In this day and age where tech is moving fast and firmware updates are relatively safe, there's no reason to hold on to that "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" thought..

But, it's still up to personal preference. :)

noangel7

Reaction score
is grandmother the one who off setup box or change tv away from hdmi mode?
if no, make sure whoever else uses the tv doesn't change the settings

meaning- switch off the box? switch it back on. Change tv from HDMI mode? switch it back after you're done.

I had similar problem with my mom- AV Receiver had too many modes. she couldn't figure it out. so I just make sure that the default is the set top box setting always.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.