Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway,

There is this Funke DSC560 which costs a bit more than Funke DSC550!

Should I just get DSC560 since such equipment should last for years to come with my newly purchased 4K UHD TV?

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway,

Should I just get DSC560 since such equipment should last for years to come with my newly purchased 4K UHD TV?

You can try and in case the signal no good, just replace it with a roof top antenna.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
if you can borrow (from someone) and test to check out your reception that would be good.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway,

Both are quite similar, can get the 560 too.

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay! Settled for DSC560. Let's hope the location of my placement is a good one for capturing a super strong signal for uninterrupted FTA's channels!:s22:

Thank again for all the speedy advice!:s22:

joshhd

Reaction score
Okay! Settled for DSC560. Let's hope the location of my placement is a good one for capturing a super strong signal for uninterrupted FTA's channels!:s22:

Thank again for all the speedy advice!:s22:
How's the signal readings like?
Are you able to receive Malaysian or Indonesian channels (unlikely) by any chance?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are you able to receive Malaysian or Indonesian channels (unlikely) by any chance?

I don't know yet. I will only pick up the antenna tomorrow. I will share the result tomorrow.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need some help. My Philips digital 32" tv suddenly just went kapok. Can still hear the audio, but the visual becomes very very dark, can see very little bit. I tried to turn it off and on, dont seem to work. Its not that old, only bought last year Aug nia.
Am I right to say its dead liao??? :(

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need some help. My Philips digital 32" tv suddenly just went kapok. Can still hear the audio, but the visual becomes very very dark, can see very little bit. I tried to turn it off and on, dont seem to work. Its not that old, only bought last year Aug nia.
Am I right to say its dead liao??? :(

the led backlight or its driver failed.

if you know how to change, can get it back to normal again.

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No worth repairing it or DIY because such TV is quite old fashion and do not have much advanced features. Better to get a new one. May be at least 42" for bedroom use.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah! If the TV spoiled after 3 years taking into consideration that most TV come with a 3 years warranty.

It is better to buy a new one for the latest or at least, newer features and functions.

Smart TV is a must nowadays. :)

That is my case. My 4 years old FHD TV screen cracked. So, I decided to buy/upgrade to UHD TV and the new UHD TV that I have bought is even cheaper than the FHD TV that I had bought 4 years back. Lol..

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Okay! I have gotten the DSC-560.

I placed it at the top on the wall just next to my room window! Strong and steady signal for all the 6x FTA's local channels in HD quality if the source is. :) . Channels switching is fast and smooth too without lag! :)

Not able to receive Indonesian and Malaysian channels as expected considering that I'm living in the Aljunied area.:s8:

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay! I have gotten the DSC-560.

I placed it at the top on the wall just next to my room window! Strong and steady signal for all the 6x FTA's local channels in HD quality if the source is. :) . Channels switching is fast and smooth too without lag! :)

Not able to receive Indonesian and Malaysian channels as expected considering that I'm living in the Aljunied area.:s8:

you may want to try the antenna without plugging in usb power, if you still can receive all the FTA channels with good signal quality (either green, or more than 70%, depending on TV), then you actually don't need active antenna, a $2 passive antenna will do.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
you may want to try the antenna without plugging in usb power, if you still can receive all the FTA channels with good signal quality (either green, or more than 70%, depending on TV), then you actually don't need active antenna, a $2 passive antenna will do.

yup that is true, as some area (even on a low floor) may be near to local repeater site (there are many of these), hence will get enough signal and not require amplified signal.

to me, if the reception is good (high) without amplification, there is no reason to amplify the signal.

but now, already bought a fairly expensive antenna leh, might as well don't need to check. hopefully did not over amplified. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yup that is true, as some area (even on a low floor) may be near to local repeater site (there are many of these), hence will get enough signal and not require amplified signal.

to me, if the reception is good (high) without amplification, there is no reason to amplify the signal. :s13:

but now, already bought a fairly expensive antenna leh, might as well don't need to check. hopefully did not over amplified. just my 2 cents.

Okay!

I disconnected the USB between the DSC-560 and TV. The result was...A total loss of signal LOL! :s13::s8:

Therefore, the DSC-560 has to be amplified to receive 100%/strong signal as far as my location / TV placement is concerned!:s22: So, A cheap $2 passive antenna would not had worked in my case!

I'm happy with DSC-560! I have been test-watching all the 6 channels for 5 hours and there wasn't any lag or loss of signal as far as I have noticed! :)

Watching via Toggle is fine too but I still preferred to watch it over the Antenna for "on time"'s transmission as well as speedy switching of channels! :)

So, based on the RRP of a few major retailers. The DSC-550 costs $50. The DSC-560 costs $65. Just $15 extra for the next few years! You decide! :s22:

Last edited:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Best to check out. 32" models are common liao. Saw Philips and Sharp.
Philips new set $169 3yrs warranty. Display set $129 1yr warranty
Sharp new $179 1yr

I am not sure if this is correct buy, but I end up getting Sharp instead of Philips, though it has much lease warranty at about same price range...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.