Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

VideoOne2

Reaction score
Okay!

I disconnected the USB between the DSC-560 and TV. The result was...A total loss of signal LOL! :s13::s8:

Therefore, the DSC-560 has to be amplified to receive 100%/strong signal as far as my location / TV placement is concerned!:s22: So, A cheap $2 passive antenna would not had worked in my case!

I'm happy with DSC-560! I have been test-watching all the 6 channels for 5 hours and there wasn't any lag or loss of signal as far as I have noticed! :)

Watching via Toggle is fine too but I still preferred to watch it over the Antenna for "on time"'s transmission as well as speedy switching of channels! :)

So, based on the RRP of a few major retailers. The DSC-550 costs $50. The DSC-560 costs $65. Just $15 extra for the next few years! You decide! :s22:

This is expected. You cannot disconnect USB (supplying DC power) to your active (amplified) antenna.

A proper way to test without amplification is by using passive (non amplified) antenna. They do not require USB power.

Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is expected. You cannot disconnect USB (supplying DC power) to your active (amplified) antenna.

A proper way to test without amplification is by using passive (non amplified) antenna. They do not require USB power.

Opps! I see! Haha! I'm no antenna person! Piaseh Piaseh! Lol...

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to Best to check out. 32" models are common liao. Saw Philips and Sharp.
Philips new set $169 3yrs warranty. Display set $129 1yr warranty
Sharp new $179 1yr

I am not sure if this is correct buy, but I end up getting Sharp instead of Philips, though it has much lease warranty at about same price range...

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

DVB-T2_Antenna_fa91db5a-d039-4d51-94ce-f9e9dc2192af_800x.JPG

Hi guys. I am using this antenna and reception is decent with the tv. However, I noticed that the plug which connects the antenna to tv, it feels quite warm. Is this normal???

moozziemd

Reaction score
Is it still possible to receive RTM channels in Singapore on the digital tv platform? Is there any workaround?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DVB-T2_Antenna_fa91db5a-d039-4d51-94ce-f9e9dc2192af_800x.JPG

Hi guys. I am using this antenna and reception is decent with the tv. However, I noticed that the plug which connects the antenna to tv, it feels quite warm. Is this normal???

nothing wrong.

warm because your tv's internal circuit board is warm.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it still possible to receive RTM channels in Singapore on the digital tv platform? Is there any workaround?

if you stay in the north and has little obstructions towards JB, it might be possible.

however, the easier and certain way is going thru internet. there are many free apps in playstore carrying all malaysia FTA channels, you can use handphone or android tv box to watch. normally these apps come with indonesia and singapore channels too.

moozziemd

Reaction score
if you stay in the north and has little obstructions towards JB, it might be possible.

however, the easier and certain way is going thru internet. there are many free apps in playstore carrying all malaysia FTA channels, you can use handphone or android tv box to watch. normally these apps come with indonesia and singapore channels too.

Thanks! But my tv is not smart tv so looks like no chance of restoring rtm channels for my parents :(

VideoOne2

Reaction score
large size dvb-t2 smart tv prices getting more affordable.

@Giant IMM offer

58"
54hW5V.jpg

65"
54hmcO.jpg

65"
54hgnr.jpg

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

To receive RTM is 99% depends on location, 1% on antenna. If the $5 antenna cannot receive, replacing with a $50 active antenna also cannot help. If $5 antenna can receive RTM (or Indon), active can help stabilize the image.

Anw, DT2 is quite disappointing. The big promises of more channels & new services and features all not delivered. Pictures are clearer but not more stable vs analog.

VideoOne2

Reaction score
To receive RTM is 99% depends on location, 1% on antenna. If the $5 antenna cannot receive, replacing with a $50 active antenna also cannot help. If $5 antenna can receive RTM (or Indon), active can help stabilize the image.

Anw, DT2 is quite disappointing. The big promises of more channels & new services and features all not delivered. Pictures are clearer but not more stable vs analog.

both have pros and cons.

I am just concentrating on the signal reception only.
for digital, there is a threshold called cliff effect. if you are within the higher side of the threshold, you will get 100% quality. This is not true for analogue.

if you are near more to the digital cliff, meaning on a good clear day, even you at the low end of receiving signal, you will still get 100% quality.

Due to low C/N margin (less robust), if there is any attenuation (be it at Tx or Rx side) you will lose signal. At that digital cliff effect threshold its either 0 or 1.

54htin.png

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! But my tv is not smart tv so looks like no chance of restoring rtm channels for my parents :(

if you are just interested to watch malaysia, buy a cheap android box @$25. with the android app, you will be able to watch all malaysia and indonesian channels.

moozziemd

Reaction score
if you are just interested to watch malaysia, buy a cheap android box @$25. with the android app, you will be able to watch all malaysia and indonesian channels.

How does it work? Does it mean I have to toggle between the NMS set top box and the android box? Or can I replace the NMS set top box with the android box (considering the Xiaomi box)?

joshhd

Reaction score
Okay! I have gotten the DSC-560.

I placed it at the top on the wall just next to my room window! Strong and steady signal for all the 6x FTA's local channels in HD quality if the source is. :) . Channels switching is fast and smooth too without lag! :)

Not able to receive Indonesian and Malaysian channels as expected considering that I'm living in the Aljunied area.:s8:
Have you tried Manual Search? In some situations, simply just auto scan may not detect the channels.

You manually scan these frequencies and see if you can get it:

Malaysia:
682MHz Channel 47
698MHz Channel 49

Indonesia:
642MHz Channel 42
658MHz Channel 44 (Currently still off air, for now)
674MHz Channel 46
690MHz Channel 48

Btw receiving local FTA channels shouldn't be a big issue, since most HDBs has indoor DTT signal repeater.

Last edited:

moozziemd

Reaction score
Have you tried Manual Search? In some situations, simply just auto scan may not detect the channels.

You manually scan these frequencies and see if you can get it:

Malaysia:
682MHz Channel 47
698MHz Channel 49

Indonesia:
642MHz Channel 42
658MHz Channel 44
674MHz Channel 46
690MHz Channel 48

Btw receiving local FTA channels shouldn't be a big issue, since most HDBs has indoor DTT signal repeater.

Are the RTM channels receivable on the digital tv platform?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I stay in the north and I can receive all Malaysia channels

joshhd

Reaction score
Are the RTM channels receivable on the digital tv platform?
Yeah why not?

If you can't receive any of Malaysian digital TV channels, it's probably due to co-channel interference from 2 Indonesian analogue TV channels, SCTV and Indosiar, where both country's frequencies overlapping each other.

682MHz (678-686MHz) <myFreeview Mux 1> Malaysia
679.25MHz (683.25-683.25MHz) SCTV - Indonesia

698MHz (694-702MHz) <myFreeview Mux 2> Malaysia
695.25 (691.25-699.25MHz) Indosiar - Indonesia

Note:
myFreeview Mux 1 - TV3 HD, NTV7, 8TV,...
myFreeview Mux 2 - 5 RTM channels like TV1, TV2...

See the frequency overlapping (as shown in brackets)? So if you're unable to receive Malaysian channels, that's probably due to 2 analogue TV stations signals from Indonesia that has been interfering to not only Johor Bahru viewers, but also Singaporeans that tries to receive Malaysian DTT channels.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.