HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2019, 08:33 PM   #361

wow, nms firmware can be used on draco set top box.
If the STB is broken already, try anything loh. This is what everyone here like to talk XXXXX.

How is $2 antenna for DVB-T2 tuner, business good? your new model antenna is cost $4...LOL

Last edited by Durian Shell; 11-07-2019 at 08:39 PM..
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:56 PM   #362

I initially tested only with the synced STB RC which was correctly set up and then with the TV remote alone. Result is the same even after I reset my TV- both RC for the STB and TV only can work on TV once the STB is turned off .. if the TV IR is spoiled it wont work at all, right? but it works only once STB is off..sounds like there is some sort of conflict that disable the TV IR when the STB is on .. called NMS but they said they have never heard such thing..
Did you follow the correct step to do RC setup? You follow the video?
You reset your TV for what? you misused it.... Maybe you damage your TV. LOL
I agree what NMS told and explained to you...
Call TV and STB service center to solve your problem.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #363

My NMS box is showing some trouble Ch8 has zero signal quality but the strength is 90% sometimes it freezes and pixelates. Other channels are all okay. Wonder if it's the hardware or the transmission
What to do if you are using $2 or $4 antenna
Old 11-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #364
Master Member

What to do if you are using $2 or $4 antenna
don't anyhow at people.

nms set comes with a $29 antenna.

it is not that good, but it is much more than $4.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:15 AM   #365

Did you follow the correct step to do RC setup? You follow the video?
You reset your TV for what? you misused it.... Maybe you damage your TV. LOL
I agree what NMS told and explained to you...
Call TV and STB service center to solve your problem.
Reset tv misused wat ? reset tv back to factory setting will damage tv ? sure boh !!
When my tv ir only respond to the TV RC only when stb is off, u think it is due to stb rc not copy completely that few shortcut key fr the TV RC! LOL ..in fact it has nothing to do wif the STB RC as TV RC can do the TV control n STB RC just with few extra TV shortcut keys..

NMS said that doesn't mean no similar issue happened b4 ..if can siam u think they wont siam..

Pls lar if dun understand better silent ..
itfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #366
Master Member

Reset tv misused wat ? reset tv back to factory setting will damage tv ? sure boh !!
When my tv ir only respond to the TV RC only when stb is off, u think it is due to stb rc not copy completely that few shortcut key fr the TV RC! LOL ..in fact it has nothing to do wif the STB RC as TV RC can do the TV control n STB RC just with few extra TV shortcut keys..

NMS said that doesn't mean no similar issue happened b4 ..if can siam u think they wont siam..

don't bother about him, sounded like a troll from his post messages.

or he just can't comprehend messages from the rest.
itfans likes this.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:33 PM   #367

why reset TV for?
You still don't answer my question. Are you follow the correct methods.....to do the RC set-up.
So you are telling us you are SW and HW engineer? If so, you still come here to look for the solution to solve your misapplied usage?
Old 12-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #368

don't anyhow at people.

nms set comes with a $29 antenna.

it is not that good, but it is much more than $4.
stop your misleading people here, gonna bring them to Holland? Please lar, SG has Holland village, Holland Drive..... don't need to bring them so far away.......My paper clip act as an antenna is much better than your $2 and $4 antenna
Old 15-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #369

Any recommendations for new digital TV box?

Using for recording tv video
I'm using old non-digital TV. The nms gives so much problems from, saying not enough space (I use 1TB seagate portable Hardrive, USB plug) , automatically stop recording mid way, skip a day of sechduled date, corruption of video.

Also is there anyway to watch TV from different channel while recording other channel? (like watching channel 5 recording channel 8) is this feature possible for actual digital TV only? If so which one is better tv?

I read alot of ppl recommend draco so I might try getting it I need all the beginners tip. I know nothing and new to this lol
Vocana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 08:08 PM   #370
Arch-Supremacy Member

......Also is there anyway to watch TV from different channel while recording other channel? (like watching channel 5 recording channel 8) is this feature possible for actual digital TV only? If so which one is better tv?

I read alot of ppl recommend draco so I might try getting it I need all the beginners tip. I know nothing and new to this lol
To watch TV and record another channel need 2 cables. One is HDMI from your setup box to TV HDMI input, this is where you can playback record program. The other is coaxial cable from the antenna bypass RF out from setup box to your TV RF input.
bumperbee likes this.
jtjt00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #371
Master Member

To watch TV and record another channel need 2 cables. One is HDMI from your setup box to TV HDMI input, this is where you can playback record program. The other is coaxial cable from the antenna bypass RF out from setup box to your TV RF input.
This is for users of digital ready TV with DVB-T2 set top box.

For analog TV, you need to get 2 set top boxes with hdmi connections to TV. and one RF cable from the RF-out of 1st set top box to RF-in of 2nd set top box.
boonkang and bumperbee like this.
Old 17-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #372
Arch-Supremacy Member

what should i buy to record tv? i tried using the free setbox box, connect usb device but it says something about format.

is it better to use a separate video capture device like this https://s.lazada.sg/s.UEQ4
bumperbee likes this.

Last edited by yusoffb01; 17-07-2019 at 10:05 AM..
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 11:08 AM   #373
High Supremacy Member

Possible to install toggle app on new media setup box
5star_pundit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #374

you are using active antenna, so the strength doesn't mean anything to you. more important to look at signal quality.

zero signal quality means that there is interference or channel 8 signal level is low.

In either cases, you can try shifting the antenna to a place that give you better signal quality.

My friend's TV with NMS antenna is interferred by his TV box if he turned on the wifi. So check whether you have router/tv box/wifi close to the NMS antenna and the antenna cable. If yes, move them further away.
I've been using it for the whole of last year without this problem though I noticed that the signal quality is zero. Only starting this year or in recent months Channel 8 start to clip and pixelate and only after 7 pm. Morning is okay. My bet is transmission is weak.
Uno_Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2019, 09:19 PM   #375

Current DTT frequencies available in Johor Bahru, Singapore and Batam.

*as of 25 July 2019

Batam is now transmitting more Indonesia digital TV channels, which are 642MHz, 674MHz and 690MHz.

Are you guys able to receive Indonesia's digital TV channels?
Maybe it's time to try do Auto Scan again.
bumperbee likes this.
joshhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.