HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2019, 09:22 PM   #31

using news media solution box, got subtitles and sound but no picture.

anyone else experiencing this issue ?

thanks!
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2019, 10:39 PM   #32
Master Member

Hi, I like to know if anyone know what is the power inserter for? I manage to plug it into my tv and view all free to all channels without having the power inserter
power inserter provides dc supply to the RF amp in the active antenna.

if you do not use power inserter for your active antenna, it will became a passive antenna - the performance of this antenna will be worse than those $2 antenna.

you can receive all channels properly because the signal in your house is very strong.

you can buy a $2 antenna to replace your 'active' antenna, save some space.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #33

using news media solution box, got subtitles and sound but no picture.

anyone else experiencing this issue ?

thanks!
Your box is faulty. Need to get it changed
dexter9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 09:54 AM   #34

power inserter provides dc supply to the RF amp in the active antenna.

if you do not use power inserter for your active antenna, it will became a passive antenna - the performance of this antenna will be worse than those $2 antenna.

you can receive all channels properly because the signal in your house is very strong.

you can buy a $2 antenna to replace your 'active' antenna, save some space.
ooo ok noted. not a need for me to change since I just use the antenna and I have clear pic. So doesn't take up any space.
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #35

ooo ok noted. not a need for me to change since I just use the antenna and I have clear pic. So doesn't take up any space.
Yes, good to keep it & monitor for few days because clear pic doesn't mean smooth playing all the way. If u detect lag or freeze picture later on can plug in the power inserter & make it active (more powerful).
suuhhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #36

Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I got m1 to provide the free setup box + antenna for my parents tv and it is working fine. However, my parents also have a tv recorder prior to the switch to digita tv.

As the tv recorder is those using the tv wire, plug into tv point n source for channels to record, now it has to take the source from the setup box.

I have this problem now where if the recorder is set to record a certain time frame on a certain channel, I wont be able to see other channels while it is recording as the recorder will auto record what i watch instead of my predefined channel.

Is getting a 2nd box just to watch live tv while the first box takes the recording role? Alternatively is there other solution?
gobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #37
Supremacy Member

Hi guys,

Need some advice.

I got m1 to provide the free setup box + antenna for my parents tv and it is working fine. However, my parents also have a tv recorder prior to the switch to digita tv.

As the tv recorder is those using the tv wire, plug into tv point n source for channels to record, now it has to take the source from the setup box.

I have this problem now where if the recorder is set to record a certain time frame on a certain channel, I wont be able to see other channels while it is recording as the recorder will auto record what i watch instead of my predefined channel.

Is getting a 2nd box just to watch live tv while the first box takes the recording role? Alternatively is there other solution?
Please be more specific. What brand and model is the TV recorder? And how is it setup?

I don't see how it is possible for you to record on 3rd party device using the IMDA approved STB as it has copy protection built-in. In short, all recording can only be viewed from the STB.
Old 19-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #38

Please be more specific. What brand and model is the TV recorder? And how is it setup?

I don't see how it is possible for you to record on 3rd party device using the IMDA approved STB as it has copy protection built-in. In short, all recording can only be viewed from the STB.
Hi,

Off hand i cannot remember the brand. I will check and update again. My parents applied for the free setup box via community centre, then they send someone down to install.

Now the setup is like this:

Recorder > setup box > tv

It used to be:

Tv point > recorder > tv.

Under the old setup, the recorder can be use to record other channels while watching live tv on a different channel.

I somehow cannot seem to replicate this on the new digital box.
gobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

Hi,

Off hand i cannot remember the brand. I will check and update again. My parents applied for the free setup box via community centre, then they send someone down to install.

It used to be:

Under the old setup, the recorder can be use to record other channels while watching live tv on a different channel.

Is the antenna connected like the following:

Ant -> (Ant in) Recorder (Ant-out) -> (Ant-in) STB -> (HDMI) TV
Old 19-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #40
Master Member

Is the antenna connected like the following:

Ant -> (Ant in) Recorder (Ant-out) -> (Ant-in) STB -> (HDMI) TV
most likely it is a analog recorder
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #41

Hi,

It used to be:

If you are using the M1 (New Media Solutions) set-top box, the composite output is copy-protected. You will not be able to use your VHS/DVD/HDD recorder to record anymore.

If you die die need to reuse your recorder, get another set-top box online (like K2) which do not protect it's composite output.

Setup will be something like below:
Indoor Antenna -> K2 set-top box ->Composite out (Yellow/Red/White)-> Recorder-> HDMI/AV cables-> TV set.

Remember to set your recorder to record via AV/Video input as the analogue tuner inside is useless.

Last edited by dexter9898; 21-01-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Old 21-01-2019, 02:44 PM   #42

Just curious, Anyone knows why is there Ch U SD transmitted on T2 airwaves?
chuppachop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #43

Just curious, Anyone knows why is there Ch U SD transmitted on T2 airwaves?
In 2014, Ch U was not upgraded to transmit in HD yet. In the same year, government started giving out free set-top box to low income families. Scare those ah gong and ah ma don't know how to manual scan for the new Ch U service on Ch35, so retain Ch U (SD)

It will be removed by this year.
Old 23-01-2019, 01:39 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just to ask.

Can i bring my parents ic and imda letter to BEST denki to get $100 off on new TV purchase?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
P R N D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2019, 05:37 PM   #45

Just to ask.

Can i bring my parents ic and imda letter to BEST denki to get $100 off on new TV purchase?

Sent from Mercedes-Benz E250 using GAGT
Yes, but your purchase must include one indoor antenna. Eventually only can get $70 off your TV.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.