HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #601
High Honorary Member

Hi Guys, recently my settop box (free from gov) their saved channels will disappeared when I turn on the power. i hv to re-scan everytime when i power on. is it gg already ?
Previously I also have a similar problem. I reset my set top box and everything's back to normal.
mrclubbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #602

Just now was showing Jumanji on channel 5 and I wanted to record but couldn't as it said my USB speed is too low. But during advertisement I tried to record and can record successfully. How come?
I also got this message occasionally in the past, it don't always appeared though. I change to a faster usb 3 thumbdrive & no longer have this problem.
suuhhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #603
High Supremacy Member

I also got this message occasionally in the past, it don't always appeared though. I change to a faster usb 3 thumbdrive & no longer have this problem.
Tks..guess I'll need to get a better usb..
EveMuffins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 06:05 PM   #604

Hello all! I need some help connecting my chromecast. I'm using an analog tv and it doesn't have any hdmi port, so I'm using the hdmi port on my NMS set top box in a hope to connect it somehow, is that possible? The light shows and it seems connect on my app, but I can't seem to find the channel displaying my chromecast, help!!! I'm using the remote control provided by NMS.
juniebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #605
Supremacy Member

Hello all! I need some help connecting my chromecast. I'm using an analog tv and it doesn't have any hdmi port, so I'm using the hdmi port on my NMS set top box in a hope to connect it somehow, is that possible? The light shows and it seems connect on my app, but I can't seem to find the channel displaying my chromecast, help!!! I'm using the remote control provided by NMS.
the hdmi port on nms is to output video to tv, chromecast's hdmi also output video to tv, so you can't connect them together.

get yourself a tv with hdmi or monitor with hdmi, don't waste your chromecast dongle.
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #606

the hdmi port on nms is to output video to tv, chromecast's hdmi also output video to tv, so you can't connect them together.

get yourself a tv with hdmi or monitor with hdmi, don't waste your chromecast dongle.
Oh ok! The reason why I wanna use chromecast is because my tv is old and has no wifi connection and not near any internet connection. Are there other options besides using chromecast?

Last edited by juniebie; 16-07-2020 at 09:13 PM..
juniebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 09:41 PM   #607

Oh ok! The reason why I wanna use chromecast is because my tv is old and has no wifi connection and not near any internet connection. Are there other options besides using chromecast?
If there's really no other option other than using your current TV then get a HDMI -> Analog(Component/Composite) converter.

Something similar,

http://www.lazada.sg/products/miracle-shining-hdmi-to-3-composite-rca-av-cvbs-s-video-rl-audio-converter-adapter-upscaler-i468570485.html
weeza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 10:09 PM   #608
Supremacy Member

you need an android tv box.

some has RCA connectors, you can use the connectors to connect to your tv.

Last edited by gregory_choo; 16-07-2020 at 10:11 PM..
Old 17-07-2020, 01:12 AM   #609
Supremacy Member

may I know why do you say "waste"? let's say I already got 1 and going to use it, is it still a waste?
mryongtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 01:29 PM   #610

watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2e23Ps5AWw
suuhhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 01:54 PM   #611
Supremacy Member

may I know why do you say "waste"? let's say I already got 1 and going to use it, is it still a waste?
you can't use it with your tv at the moment - wasted.

if you buy new tv/monitor with hdmi so you can use it - not wasted

you can also buy a hdmi to rca converter to connect to your old tv, but the picture will be in low quality - again wasted the good picture from chromecast.
mryongtan likes this.
Old 20-07-2020, 10:07 PM   #612
Master Member

https://www.titanbrackets.com/Produc...ORIES+SOLUTION

using this titan DV-1 model (free from prism) but my tv reception is quite bad. already come with some kind of usb thing. do you think if I get a usb plug, it will be better. but quite difficult to connect it to the power supply as it is quite a distance away.
rza29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 10:30 PM   #613
Supremacy Member

https://www.titanbrackets.com/Produc...ORIES+SOLUTION

using this titan DV-1 model (free from prism) but my tv reception is quite bad. already come with some kind of usb thing. do you think if I get a usb plug, it will be better. but quite difficult to connect it to the power supply as it is quite a distance away.
have you plug the usb connector to your tv?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.