HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2019, 10:37 AM   #61
High Supremacy Member

Singapore have about the same number of FTA channels compared to MY. Suria, Vasantham, Ch U and OKTO are all not operating 24 hours anyway. Plenty of air-time to slot in more shows during non-prime time.

There is also the Toggle Red button on LG and Sony TVs, Toggle app on Samsung TV, & even Chromecast. Due to modern lifestyle, viewers can watch all the old programs on demand via internet, no need another channel like HK just to broadcast all the old programs.
Yes, and nowadays media consumption is largely via Internet thus having more TV channels isn't very viable especially in Singapore.

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS
amazingone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #62
Master Member

Mine is only Funke antenna on Lg smart tv.. just bought the tv less than 2 weeks ago.. I canít find subtitles option sia
read your LG manual
gregory_choo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 01:11 PM   #63

Mine is only Funke antenna on Lg smart tv.. just bought the tv less than 2 weeks ago.. I canít find subtitles option sia
Try pressing LG subtitle button or Q menu to activate the Subtitle selection option
pdsubbu likes this.
dexter9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2019, 02:05 PM   #64

Smile

LG subtitle button should work. did you get the subtitles?
Old 25-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #65

Singapore have about the same number of FTA channels compared to MY. Suria, Vasantham, Ch U and OKTO are all not operating 24 hours anyway. Plenty of air-time to slot in more shows during non-prime time.

There is also the Toggle Red button on LG and Sony TVs, Toggle app on Samsung TV, & even Chromecast. Due to modern lifestyle, viewers can watch all the old programs on demand via internet, no need another channel like HK just to broadcast all the old programs.
There are actually 6 more digital only FTA Channels in MY, namely, BES (rtm News), rtm HD Sports, TVAH, TV Okey, BNC, and Channel W.

For elderly who does not know how to use Internet, FTA TV is their only source of daytime entertainment .... MEDIACORP could have look into offering Mandarin News CH, Mandarin Infotainment Ch just like MY counterparts. Just a thought. Oh well.
chuppachop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #66

Anyone know where to get the digital tv antenna for cheap? want to get it for my other tv. Don't need the box. Just the antenna will do
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #67
Master Member

Anyone know where to get the digital tv antenna for cheap? want to get it for my other tv. Don't need the box. Just the antenna will do
ebay, aliexpress, lazada, qoo10 etc

$1 -- $2

search for HDTV antenna or DVB-T antenna
Old 29-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #68

If you are staying on level 5 and below, get an active antenna recommended by Mediacorp on their digital TV website. Passive antenna is susceptible to interference. Even when a big bus or lorry pass-by the road below your apartment.

The reception capabilities of TV antenna vary considerably, so do consult the retail staff or refer to the user manual for more details. You may consider getting one of the following active indoor antenna which are available at major electronics stores:
Funke DSC250 Indoor Antenna
Funke DSC550 Indoor Antenna
Funke DSC560 Indoor Antenna
Funke CITY 5.1 COMBO
Inxus DVBT9018N
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 3M - ANT2-3A - White
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 6M - ANT2-6A - White
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 3M - ANT2-3AB – Black
NewMedia Solutions CALLIE Premium Antenna - ANT3-3AB - Black

Last edited by dexter9898; 29-01-2019 at 10:40 AM..
Old 29-01-2019, 06:34 PM   #69

Using Draco HDT2-7700

Since ytd tv suddenly show no signal, how to troubleshoot ra?
ProofOfSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #70
Master Member

Using Draco HDT2-7700

Since ytd tv suddenly show no signal, how to troubleshoot ra?
make sure that the draco's power is on.

if still no signal , either 1. wrong hdmi port 2. faulty hdmi cable 3. faulty draco.
Old 29-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #71

make sure that the draco's power is on.

if still no signal , either 1. wrong hdmi port 2. faulty hdmi cable 3. faulty draco.
I checked 1 & 2, ok. How to check 3? Thanks.

Actually itís not my hse, itís my dadís place...he no tv watch Everyday, ask me how ah?

I told him donít touch the settings after I set up the box for him. He only need to know the power on/off button for tv & box for operation. He was using it for few weeks, all ok.

Suddenly ytd no more tv, is there a hotline to call the people to come and rectify?

Last edited by ProofOfSai; 29-01-2019 at 07:16 PM..
Old 29-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #72
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually it’s not my hse, it’s my dad’s place...he no tv watch Everyday, ask me how ah?

I told him don’t touch the settings after I set up the box for him. He only need to know the power on/off button for tv & box for operation. He was using it for few weeks, all ok.

Suddenly ytd no more tv, is there a hotline to call the people to come and rectify?
Such box quite trouble some. It is best to use Pay TV like Starhub or Singtel TV. Pay TV if got problem can always call them.
Henry Ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 10:02 PM   #73

Such box quite trouble some. It is best to use Pay TV like Starhub or Singtel TV. Pay TV if got problem can always call them.
Yea concur.

The build quality of the black box & antenna is questionable. Installed barely 2-3 mths, now got problem. How? Can claim warranty? Buy new one?

Digital tv conversion, really a challenge for old pple & non tech savvy pple.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #74

ebay, aliexpress, lazada, qoo10 etc

$1 -- $2

search for HDTV antenna or DVB-T antenna
Thanks

If you are staying on level 5 and below, get an active antenna recommended by Mediacorp on their digital TV website. Passive antenna is susceptible to interference. Even when a big bus or lorry pass-by the road below your apartment.

The reception capabilities of TV antenna vary considerably, so do consult the retail staff or refer to the user manual for more details. You may consider getting one of the following active indoor antenna which are available at major electronics stores:
Funke DSC250 Indoor Antenna
Funke DSC550 Indoor Antenna
Funke DSC560 Indoor Antenna
Funke CITY 5.1 COMBO
Inxus DVBT9018N
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 3M - ANT2-3A - White
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 6M - ANT2-6A - White
NewMedia Solutions Indoor Antenna 3M - ANT2-3AB Ė Black
NewMedia Solutions CALLIE Premium Antenna - ANT3-3AB - Black
I'm staying on the 11 floor with open view. Not gg to spend so much on these kind of antenna since its for my extra tv and my reception over here is good. I did not use the power inserter for my main tv but all the channel are clear.
curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2019, 12:49 AM   #75

Actually it’s not my hse, it’s my dad’s place...he no tv watch Everyday, ask me how ah?

I told him don’t touch the settings after I set up the box for him. He only need to know the power on/off button for tv & box for operation. He was using it for few weeks, all ok.

Did you ask your dad to press the source button on the TV remote control to switch to HDMI input? Most common problem among old folks.

Draco box don't spoil that easily compared to NMS.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.