www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated] (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989.html)

morgankell 26-02-2014 01:14 AM

Dear all,
I have been in email conversation with haupaugge for the last 3 months.
Summary statement is
a) dont buy the nanostick t2 (model 290e) - it is incompatible with the singapore dvb-t2.
b) a new model 292e is supposed to come out but nowhere in sight
c) haupaugge support leaves much to desire so don't buy first as guinea pig

if they ever replace my 2 nanostick t2, ill get back if I can get any dvb-t2 signals.

in short, there does not seem to be any decent usb dvb-t2 tuner for Singapore... sigh... why are we so special?

b00mxer 26-02-2014 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgankell (Post 83821990)
Dear all,
Summary statement is
a) dont buy the nanostick t2 (model 290e) - it is incompatible with the singapore dvb-t2.

if they ever replace my 2 nanostick t2, ill get back if I can get any dvb-t2 signals.

in short, there does not seem to be any decent usb dvb-t2 tuner for Singapore... sigh... why are we so special?

Another way for those who wants a more stable digital signal and only watches FTA channels, get a DVB-C usb tuner and connect it to your Starhub cable point. And there you have it. Channel 5/8/Suria/Vas/CNA/U/okto all unencrypted and watchable. FTA HD channels now available is Channel 5. Channel 8/Suria and Vasantham HD to follow when Starhub launches them.

ezowulf 26-02-2014 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi8 (Post 83816469)
The seller told me that if the engineer comes up with a new firmware he will let me know and send me the firmware.

But I reckon most likely the engineer will not be looking into the problem. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoloBoiBoi (Post 83818944)
i wonder is there really that "engineer" in the 1st place ...

seems like what I suspected that whether they have any resources to come out with a fix

es0teric 26-02-2014 11:33 AM

Second question.

After getting TV with DVB T2, the point is still connected to the starhub cable TV point or to the opennet point?

If not, the TV point need upgrade?

tuckloong 26-02-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es0teric (Post 83829002)
Second question.

After getting TV with DVB T2, the point is still connected to the starhub cable TV point or to the opennet point?

me ish connect to indoor antennae de

mrsun18 26-02-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es0teric (Post 83829002)
Second question.

Before you ask further questions, read posts #2, 3 and 27 which should basically clear all your doubts.

es0teric 26-02-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsun18 (Post 83830924)
Before you ask further questions, read posts #2, 3 and 27 which should basically clear all your doubts.

Thanks for directing.

I do believe not all area able to receive Digital signal?

http://www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv/img/rollout_map.jpg

Plus, what does the bold DVB - T2 stands for?

As for TV tuner card, it is DVB - S2

PoloBoiBoi 26-02-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by es0teric (Post 83831122)
Thanks for directing.

I do believe not all area able to receive Digital signal?

http://www.mediacorp.sg/digitaltv/img/rollout_map.jpg

Plus, what does the bold DVB - T2 stands for?

As for TV tuner card, it is DVB - S2

huh?

you need a satellite receiver dish to receive DVB-S, which basically is no in singapore

Quote:

DVB-T is an abbreviation for "Digital Video Broadcasting — Terrestrial"; it is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television that was first published in 1997[1] and first broadcast in the UK in 1998.[1]
DVB-T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

DVB-T2 is an abbreviation for "Digital Video Broadcasting – Second Generation Terrestrial"; it is the extension of the television standard DVB-T, issued by the consortium DVB, devised for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television.
DVB-T2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and for indoor reception, yes not all can receive at this stage

but if you stick your antenna out of your window, you might be able to receive it because outdoor reception is available island wide

mrsun18 26-02-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Dear all,

Those who have read and have good memory will remember this...

Look for post #671 in closed thread: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...l#post81543019

Anyway, in time to come you can be pretty sure that there will be more choices...

iloveahmeng 26-02-2014 01:53 PM

why make life so difficult....

es0teric 26-02-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoloBoiBoi (Post 83831732)
huh?

you need a satellite receiver dish to receive DVB-S, which basically is no in singapore

DVB-T - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DVB-T2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and for indoor reception, yes not all can receive at this stage

but if you stick your antenna out of your window, you might be able to receive it because outdoor reception is available island wide

My TV tuner PCI card is going to spoil soon and want to replace it. Since now TV can receive digital by using DVB T2, I wonder if there is a TV tuner PCI card have the same features to receive in High definition

es0teric 26-02-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Dear all,
Summary statement is

Is there any other brand?

yewang 27-02-2014 02:36 PM

Starhub DVB-C Config

Hi Sunsetbay,

Are you able to share the frequency/symbol rate/modulation (i.e. QAM32/64/128/256) for Ch5, Ch8, Ch U?

I am trying to use dvblogic's TVSource to tune in to MediaCorp FTA channels using Starhub's DVB-C. TVSource: search channels: DVB-C - DVBLink wiki

Thanks very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetbay (Post 82021279)
here's my DVB-C setting, i didn't change any setting to recv HD5, but i can manually set the freq to 370Mhz to reduce the scanning time~

http://i.imgur.com/4Bsxx6R.png

http://i.imgur.com/pIIvfh4.png

other mediacorp DVB-C channels~ OKTO (SD) on 562Mhz~ Ch5, Ch8, Suria, Vasantham, ChU (All SD) on 642Mhz~ KaraOk channel is on 594Mhz~

not sure why oric1 can't tune to DVB-C, maybe there's difference version of DVB-C which starhub use~ :s22:

sunsetbay 27-02-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yewang (Post 83861899)
Hi Sunsetbay,

Are you able to share the frequency/symbol rate/modulation (i.e. QAM32/64/128/256) for Ch5, Ch8, Ch U?

I am trying to use dvblogic's TVSource to tune in to MediaCorp FTA channels using Starhub's DVB-C. TVSource: search channels: DVB-C - DVBLink wiki

Thanks very much!

the symbol rate & modulation for almost all starhub DVB-C channels are the same, its 6875/ QAM256~ there are another few channels that use 6090/QAM256~

the freq for Ch5, 8, U, CNA, Suria, Vasan are 642Mhz/6875/QAM256~ Okto is 562Mhz/6875/QAM256 & 5HD is 370Mhz/ 6875/QAM256~ :s22:

hwsinn 28-02-2014 10:30 AM

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1975 USB TV receiver offers multi-format support - SlashGear

One more choice...
Although got usb dunno can connect to pc ma