HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #1876
High Supremacy Member

5.1 surround is supported on option 5 for china receiver as PCM on digital audio output, this was not detected on green latern, shall test on the next movie screening.
Tested with Rio, no go. My AVR supports DD+, but nothing...
Old 21-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #1877
Arch-Supremacy Member

Finally found them with the help of my best friend...Google "A/B Antenna Switch"

It has an operating frequency of 5 ~ 1000MHz which is suitable. But the insertion loss is unknown. If adaptor such as F to IEC is needed, there will be more losses.

Here is the url:
Antenna Cable Switch | eBay

For those who need help with the wiring connection:
A/B Switch Setup

Disclaimer: I have not used the products listed. Try at you own risk.
Anybody using this A/B antenna switch together with DVB-T2 box ?

For my DVB-T2 box, I am using HDMI cable to connect to my TV.
If I want to use the A/B switch, I cannot use the HDMI cable for the digital channels anymore ?
Old 21-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #1878

Tested with Rio, no go. My AVR supports DD+, but nothing...
if ur AVR supports DD+, i think u should set stb to "BS Output" or passthrough so that the HTS will show the dolby logo.
Old 21-04-2014, 12:30 PM   #1879
Master Member

If I want to use the A/B switch, I cannot use the HDMI cable for the digital channels anymore ?
How do you receive dvb-t2 signal for the set top box? Using indoor antenna or matv?
Old 21-04-2014, 12:34 PM   #1880
High Supremacy Member

HDMI is meant for video signals between the box and TV

AB switch is meant for RF signals between antenna/cable and box
Old 21-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #1881
Arch-Supremacy Member

How do you receive dvb-t2 signal for the set top box? Using indoor antenna or matv?
Using indoor antenna for dvb-t2
Old 21-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #1882
Master Member

Using indoor antenna for dvb-t2
If this is the case, then you may not need the a/b antenna switch. You are aware that the hdmi out (dvb-t and dvb-t2 MediaCorp channels with video and audio) from the set top box goes to the tv set's hdmi in.

Your normal matv or scv wall point (rf signal) goes to the rf input of your tv set to receive the usual analogue tv channels. So the a/b antenna switch is not needed.

Did you ask because you are a Starhub subscriber and your TV's hdmi (1 only?) is being used for the Starhub stb?
Old 21-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #1883
Arch-Supremacy Member

If this is the case, then you may not need the a/b antenna switch. You are aware that the hdmi out (dvb-t and dvb-t2 MediaCorp channels with video and audio) from the set top box goes to the tv set's hdmi in.

Your normal matv or scv wall point (rf signal) goes to the rf input of your tv set to receive the usual analogue tv channels. So the a/b antenna switch is not needed.

Did you ask because you are a Starhub subscriber and your TV's hdmi (1 only?) is being used for the Starhub stb?
No I'm not Starhub subscriber.
Will try connecting the scv point to my rf input of my TV.

Thanks.
mrsun18 likes this.
Old 21-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #1884
Supremacy Member

hi all,my tv has built in dvb t2 tuner so i bought an indoor antenna then connect a cable from indoor antenna to tv rf input.

i can receive all 7 digital channel but my analogue channels totally cannot make it. some analogue channels also don't know from where and i cannot even find the free super sports arena channel. any advice on my setup so that i can receive both watchable analogue channels and the digital ones? tia.
Old 22-04-2014, 07:22 AM   #1885

hi all,my tv has built in dvb t2 tuner so i bought an indoor antenna then connect a cable from indoor antenna to tv rf input.

i can receive all 7 digital channel but my analogue channels totally cannot make it. some analogue channels also don't know from where and i cannot even find the free super sports arena channel. any advice on my setup so that i can receive both watchable analogue channels and the digital ones? tia.
It's good that you can receive all 7 digital channels and why do you still want analog TV channels? As for the free SuperSports Arena, it's only available in analog format through the SCV point at 76.25MHz.
Old 22-04-2014, 08:47 AM   #1886
High Supremacy Member

if ur AVR supports DD+, i think u should set stb to "BS Output" or passthrough so that the HTS will show the dolby logo.
On the set that I have, it has HDMI RAW On, which DD has no problem, just with DD+.

Take note if I choose other options like PCM or HDMI RAW Off, DD will either be stereo or no sound (can't remember exactly).
Old 22-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #1887

On the set that I have, it has HDMI RAW On, which DD has no problem, just with DD+.

Take note if I choose other options like PCM or HDMI RAW Off, DD will either be stereo or no sound (can't remember exactly).
hmm... then r u sure ur HTS can support DD+

yesterday i rechecked my TS recorded files using VLC Player and confirmed that 5(HD) using AAC 5.1, AAC 2.0 and DD+, 8(HD) using AAC 5.1 and AAC 2.0.
surprisingly, my VLC Player got sound for AAC 5.1 and DD+, but no sound for AAC stereo.
viewing on draco stb no problem.
Old 22-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #1888
Master Member

yesterday i rechecked my TS recorded files using VLC Player and confirmed that 5(HD) using AAC 5.1, AAC 2.0 and DD+, 8(HD) using AAC 5.1 and AAC 2.0.
surprisingly, my VLC Player got sound for AAC 5.1 and DD+, but no sound for AAC stereo.
viewing on draco stb no problem.
Mine also cannot play 2nd audio stream from recorded ts files. You may wish to try Linux VLC, if you have it. Reconfirmed that it worked for me. See below:

Update: VLC linux can play the second audio stream. All my Windows 7 PCs and XP netbook, with different version of VLC, cannot play the second audio stream

Last edited by mrsun18; 22-04-2014 at 12:40 PM..
Old 22-04-2014, 08:03 PM   #1889
Great Supremacy Member

Your TV got browser? Watch this channel on
StarHub TV Anywhere
Old 23-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #1890
Master Member

Hi, lifeishard

If you missed the super sports arena channel and other analogue channels, the use of an a/b antenna switch as quoted by koreanlover in post #1877 is what you need.

Refer to

A/B Switch Setup

mentioned in my post there. Besides the a/b antenna switch, you may need the followings:

a) For step 2 refered to in the wiring guide, a F male to F male connector as shown
or cable

b) For step 3, a IEC Female to F Male Connector as shown

c) For step 4, find the original cable you used to connect from the scv point to your tv set, or else buy a new cable.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.