Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No.. You don't need an indoor antenna if you're on starhu or
Mio cos you're alr receiving digital via their infrastructure. Starhub will only carry the rest of mediacorp HD channels later this year apart from 5 (HD).

Oh chey... thanks thanks! How come Starhub so slow... Slowhub...

Haiz... gave me a fright for a moment... anyway I still have to buy an antenna for my bedroom TV... there's no guarantee now that the FTA HD channels will be accessible through the cable network from the SCV box...

cooltaze

Reaction score
Confirm is MATV cos of the connector type... cable uses a screw on type of connector on the box, not the plug in type.

All my rooms point are the following type (except without the blue caps):

I always thought they are SCV points as my HDB should be consider the new type build after 1999 with starhub infrastructure and all the points come with a "Cable TV Ready" sticker with starhub tel number.

lrdatapt1.jpg

img05281cable1phone2poi.jpg

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Mio cos you're alr receiving digital via their infrastructure. Starhub will only carry the rest of mediacorp HD channels later this year apart from 5 (HD).

Confirm boh? That would be nice for StarHub. :)

Anyway, for the others, do note that StarHub's provision of DVB-C channels from its cable network is not official, so do not purchase DVB-C-only TV tuners unless u are willing to take the risk.

chakuman

Banned
Reaction score

How you know is the end of year...?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Confirm is MATV cos of the connector type... cable uses a screw on type of connector on the box, not the plug in type.

Interesting

My flat here it is the screw on type of connector but I am connecting via MATV :s22:

I cannot receive TV1.

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
All my rooms point are the following type (except without the blue caps):

I always thought they are SCV points as my HDB should be consider the new type build after 1999 with starhub infrastructure and all the points come with a "Cable TV Ready" sticker with starhub tel number.

lrdatapt1.jpg

img05281cable1phone2poi.jpg

I highly doubt it's a MATV point, most probably it's a SCV point since it has the 'Cable Ready' sticker and nowadays new apartments comes with SCV points only.

:)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
I highly doubt it's a MATV point, most probably it's a SCV point since it has the 'Cable Ready' sticker and nowadays new apartments comes with SCV points only.

Should be SCV point because it is screw on connector type, not plug in type...

Streetwise

Reaction score
so u call those v shape antennas,boosters?

U only can two types of set up to rec'd Indo Channels:
1. MATV > Booster> TV
2. External antenna(with/without booster) to TV.

If item 2, go and read up on the type of antenna tat is best for DVBT2 TV....it's somewhere in this thread.

cooltaze

Reaction score

That's what I thought so but I can receive all Malaysia analog channels & DVB-T digital channels. Can SCV points receive those?

Or they are indeed SCV points but are connected to rooftop antenna instead of starhub infrastructure? Think I read before in this thread that one user mentioned there is some kind of connector switch in the riser room outside our house whereby engineer can switch between using MATV or starhub. Since I'm not subscribe to SCV then it's connected to rooftop by default?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
That's what I thought so but I can receive all Malaysia analog channels & DVB-T digital channels. Can SCV points receive those?

Or they are indeed SCV points but are connected to rooftop antenna instead of starhub infrastructure? Think I read before in this thread that one user mentioned there is some kind of connector switch in the riser room outside our house whereby engineer can switch between using MATV or starhub. Since I'm not subscribe to SCV then it's connected to rooftop by default?

Can you receive preview channel and supersports?

stamina

Reaction score
U only can two types of set up to rec'd Indo Channels:
1. MATV > Booster> TV
2. External antenna(with/without booster) to TV.

If item 2, go and read up on the type of antenna tat is best for DVBT2 TV....it's somewhere in this thread.

But if i use antenna channels, i cannot get tv1 starhub cable channel. So must buy switch ?got such switches?

kinki

Reaction score
Hi bros... I juz gotten the acryan dvb-t2 box, need some help here...
I can receive typical mediacorp channels but only channel 8 cant receive, tried on manual freq but still nothing...
Staying in toa payoh and using the normal wall-jack direct connect...

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Hi bros. After reading the few posts on the SCV ports on the walls. Can I say that my TV will receiving the digital channels from there? Because I did the scanning but no results. And I feel like buying the antenna now as I cannot tahan the poor quality. My TV have the built-in DVB-T2 tuner. Any help? I am staying in Punggol. Or is it because my area here is not ready yet as seen on the MDA site?

There is another thread on equipment used by fellow bros. And I found two of them, one living in punggol or the other in Seng Kang who bought the antenna. And they are already enjoying the digital channels.

The MDA site also nvr mention that the SCV ports will be used for receiving the digital channels leh.

Any advise. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.