HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #1996
Master Member

For now probably won't be getting at all but when the analogue channels are switched off in a few years time, means by then really need to get one for each tv?
Switch off probably by 2020. By then or earlier, you may need to buy new tv sets, with dvb-t2 tuners built-in. Nowadays things are not made to last as long as they used to be
Old 04-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #1997

Unfortunately yeah.....

I'll rather not buy.... Mediacorp channels what's for? Rather spend that money to climb Mt StarHub.....
I have similar issue.

I notice current dtv receiver set top box has an antenna out. Can this feed into multiple TV? Probably through some signal amplifier?

If it's possible, I will disconnect cable tv main source which is currently feeding all my extended cable tv point and feed the antenna out signal to it as the signal source. Not too sure if any bro here tried.

Plan to start this little project soon. And of course in this case the dtv set top box will be on 24 hours to feed signal. Wonder why the relevant authorities don't to implement central antenna like current for the digital TV. It really mind boggling for all of us to spent effort and time for the migration.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:29 PM   #1998

I have similar issue.

I notice current dtv receiver set top box has an antenna out. Can this feed into multiple TV? Probably through some signal amplifier?

If it's possible, I will disconnect cable tv main source which is currently feeding all my extended cable tv point and feed the antenna out signal to it as the signal source. Not too sure if any bro here tried.

Plan to start this little project soon. And of course in this case the dtv set top box will be on 24 hours to feed signal. Wonder why the relevant authorities don't to implement central antenna like current for the digital TV. It really mind boggling for all of us to spent effort and time for the migration.
you do understand that channel changing still have to go through the receiver right?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:01 PM   #1999

you do understand that channel changing still have to go through the receiver right?
My bad. Forgot to consider. Noted with thanks.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #2000

I have similar issue.

Are you talking about using the Draco as a passthrough? It works for me, much like how old VCRs/DVD Recorders worked.

My dad's setup is like so:

Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> Draco antenna out -> TV Antenna in

This allows him to watch/record 2 different channels simultaneously (his TV has PVR functions too).

Only issue I have so far is that the Draco's interface is pretty useless and poorly designed. I would have expected there to be a series record function, or an option to record from Monday - Friday, but I can't seem to find anything other than Weekly, Daily and Once. Anyone have any idea about this? If there is no such option, I guess my workaround would be to use his TV (which can schedule recordings from Mon-Fri) to record HD8 and the Draco to record HD5.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #2001

Are you talking about using the Draco as a passthrough? It works for me, much like how old VCRs/DVD Recorders worked.

My dad's setup is like so:

Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> Draco antenna out -> TV Antenna in

This allows him to watch/record 2 different channels simultaneously (his TV has PVR functions too).

Only issue I have so far is that the Draco's interface is pretty useless and poorly designed. I would have expected there to be a series record function, or an option to record from Monday - Friday, but I can't seem to find anything other than Weekly, Daily and Once. Anyone have any idea about this? If there is no such option, I guess my workaround would be to use his TV (which can schedule recordings from Mon-Fri) to record HD8 and the Draco to record HD5.
If I get you correctly,

1. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> Draco antenna out -> TV Antenna in

2. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> HDMI to TV (without DVB T2 receiver)

For (1), I believe your dad's TV has built-in DTB T2 receiver. So the Draco Antenna out is a pass-through to your dad's TV. While (2), it is likely a TV without DVB T2 receiver but connected to Darco via HDMI.

Am I right?
Old 05-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #2002

Just curious, any of you bros here tried those cheap USB DVB-T2 receivers (For computers) from Ebay? Any info if it is compatible in Singapore and its reliability/safety/etc?

Something similar to this:
Old 05-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #2003

If I get you correctly,

1. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> Draco antenna out -> TV Antenna in

2. Wall socket (connected to roof antenna) -> Draco antenna in -> HDMI to TV (without DVB T2 receiver)

For (1), I believe your dad's TV has built-in DTB T2 receiver. So the Draco Antenna out is a pass-through to your dad's TV. While (2), it is likely a TV without DVB T2 receiver but connected to Darco via HDMI.

Am I right?
Yes my dad's TV has a built in DVBT2 tuner. The HDMI out of the Draco is also connected to my Dad's TV so he can watch/record/view recordings.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:27 AM   #2004

i found that if u set draco recording to Daily... it always +2 days not +1 day.
eg. after monday recording, it will schedule the next recording on wed, then fri. always skip 1 day.
anyone got this prob? is this fixed with the new 2014 firmware?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #2005

There are MDA approved model available at NTUC,Courts etc

I got mine from Indonesia through a friend from Jakarta ~$40

I have T2 TV as well and personally I do not prefer set top box as it requires additional power when viewing.
NTUC got sell? Which NTUC??
Old 05-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #2006

NTUC got sell? Which NTUC??
NTUC XTRA .. have
Old 05-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #2007

Anybody try this antenna.will it work for sgp?
Amazon.com: Mohu Leaf Metro HDTV Antenna: Electronics
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #2008
High Supremacy Member

Just curious, any of you bros here tried those cheap USB DVB-T2 receivers (For computers) from Ebay? Any info if it is compatible in Singapore and its reliability/safety/etc?

Something similar to this:
i wasted $$ on this
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #2009

i wasted $$ on this
Same but DVB-C EORKS
Old 05-05-2014, 10:03 PM   #2010
Honorary Member

i wasted $$ on this
I noticed that they now have BDA drivers for DVB-C.

Haven't tried it on my device though (long time no use the device liao), but if it works, it's not so bad to use it to receive DVB-C channels.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.