HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 AM   #2026
Honorary Member

Looks good. Can take the trouble to give a short review?
i'll try to find an external hdd so that i can post a short clip
Old 07-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #2027

everything is fine, video is good. except the sound, which sounded the same as one of the users who posted earlier on. its like the pitch has been increased. funny thing is the dvb t HD5 sounds better than the dvb t2 HD5
Is yours a defective unit for the sound ?

I bought quite many units and have shipped back quite a lot of defective units back, sound unclear, hdmi not working, firmware unable to decode sg dvbt2 transmission, digital output not working etc problems to direct manufacturer. I ship back to manufacturer costs is already ~20sgd per unit not counting ship back to sg costs again.

Could consider getting from me as i test all units guaranteed working before delivery, no risk of defective units, provide 1to1 exchange or refund if there is problems within 1-2weeks of delivery. Kindly see my thread here.

Ya. Same here. The first two options got sound but the last one has no sound at all(the one with DD logo). The video quality is great but the subtitles are not sharp and the sound are not as solid as the normal DVB-C(I used HD5 to compare).
Hi bro, thanks for getting the unit from me. For the "the sound are not as solid as the normal DVB-C" did you test with digital output as raw HDMI or PCM or using the Analog Left(white) and Right(Red) Audio outputs ?

I tested with HDMI and sound was same as DVB-T on another TV. Glad that you are satisfied with the video quality, Kindly help me to introduce to your friends if they are looking for one.

Last edited by tan1688; 07-05-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #2028

Is yours a defective unit for the sound ?

I bought quite many units and have shipped back quite a lot of defective units back, sound unclear, hdmi not working, firmware unable to decode sg dvbt2 transmission, digital output not working etc problems to direct manufacturer. I ship back to manufacturer costs is already ~20sgd per unit not counting ship back to sg costs again.

Could consider getting from me as i test all units guaranteed working before delivery, no risk of defective units, provide 1to1 exchange or refund if there is problems within 1-2weeks of delivery. Kindly see my thread here.

Hi bro, thanks for getting the unit from me. For the "the sound are not as solid as the normal DVB-C" did you test with digital output as raw HDMI or PCM or using the Analog Left(white) and Right(Red) Audio outputs ?

I tested with HDMI and sound was same as DVB-T on another TV. Glad that you are satisfied with the video quality, Kindly help me to introduce to your friends if they are looking for one.
I'm using HDMI for the connection and the sound is not as solid as / as clear as the DVB-C one.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #2029

DVB-C like DVB-T/T2 are the next generation of TV format. No it will not be switched off anytime soon yet. DVB-C just launched not too long ago. At most starhub will move to DVB-C2 in the near future.
DVB-C was here long ago when starhub started using digital STB~

Old 07-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #2030
High Supremacy Member

133RMB

厂家供应DVB-T2 MPEG4/H.264 DVB-T2 马来西亚南部 新加坡 2014版

btw, HD5 has 3 audio channels, what is the mpeg channel? that has no sound
Wah, price dropped liao, now 130 RMB (~S$26, buy 5 = 1 Draco)

厂家供应DVB-T2机顶盒DVB-T2 马来西亚南 新加坡 2014版 带液晶屏-淘宝网

Last edited by matrix05; 07-05-2014 at 12:12 PM..
Old 07-05-2014, 01:36 PM   #2031
High Supremacy Member

Need to include shipping n Taobao agent fee etc... Might order a set to play
Old 07-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #2032

Be careful bro, the cheaper they are, the more fishy it smells are those defective sets that are returned and resold ?

if got to send back for repair or exchange the shipping costs is quite hefty.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #2033

Guys
Just a reminder to keep the talk to technical stuff and sharing of sources of STB.
For antennas, there's a separate thread and likewise for settings.
As for sales & MO chats, keep that out of this forum.

Thank you, cheers.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #2034

Check with your guys, I just bought my new TV a few months ago. Read from the specs that it supports analog, DVB-C and DVB-T, but not DVB-T2. I connect it directly to the Starhub cable point, no STB. It can receive all the digital FTA channels including HD5. I understand DVB-T2 does not apply to cable, so does that mean that even in the future I need not use DVB-T2 since I am already using DVB-C anyway? Even when they cease analog and DVB-T transmission?
Old 08-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #2035

Yes, indeed it works. Because the cables are not stiff, I have to use scotch tape to hold down the black and red cables to form the "T" on a wooden ruler.

Below are the results, using Draco stb:
  • Chan 27 >90/98 (Signal Intensity/Pic Quality)
  • Chan 29 >90/98
  • Chan 31 >90/98
  • Chan 33 >90/98
  • Chan 38 ~90/98
Thanks alot bro! Now all i need is to go and buy the correct connector head and DIY!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #2036

Check with your guys, I just bought my new TV a few months ago. Read from the specs that it supports analog, DVB-C and DVB-T, but not DVB-T2. I connect it directly to the Starhub cable point, no STB. It can receive all the digital FTA channels including HD5. I understand DVB-T2 does not apply to cable, so does that mean that even in the future I need not use DVB-T2 since I am already using DVB-C anyway? Even when they cease analog and DVB-T transmission?
If you do not have pay tv then you can use dvb-c or t or t2.
For c you just need to connect to scv point.
For T and T2 its over the air so u just need to connect to a normal antenna
I would recommend using C or T2 as T only have SD8, SD5, SD CNA and HD5

I do not know when they will cease T transmission though. But even they do cease C transmission they surely will replace it (if not how cable tv can be transmitted to users). But if they cease C then u have left with T2

Hope i didnt confuse you further
Old 08-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #2037

So in the near future, the only way is to go for either DVB-T2 or DVB-C if no subscribe pay tv?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #2038

existing analog terrestrial & dvb-t transmission will be here for another 2 years, they may or may not extend the deadline~

DVB-C is not part of this switch over exercise as starhub own the cable infrastructure~ whether starhub will continue to use analog cable & DVB-C or upgrade to DVB-C2, only starhub will know~

why not just wait until the day come, there's no hurry to get prepare now~

Old 08-05-2014, 10:39 AM   #2039

To future proof your TV, get your TV connected to either the T2 or C signal.

As for DVB-T (first gen) doubt they'll cease the signal, it will prolly go on alongside T2 just that there are limited channels.

Analog is confirm to go off by 2020. The official way is to be connected to T2 infrastructure. If not DVB-C.

DVB-T/T2/C will be here to stay. Except analog transmissions.
Old 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #2040

thanks guys for your feedback, your inputs are helpful
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.