Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #2476

I just plug it into the wall socket?
Where do I get the set top box?
Also I must get an indoor antenna?
I'm so confused @.@
Old 12-07-2014, 07:39 AM   #2477

After using for months, realise quality signal 100% but signal strength 55%, any effect for pictures quality ?
Old 12-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #2478

Are you using a DVB-T2 TV to receive?
Or a DVB-T2 set-top box?

If you want to receive the new HD channels you have to have either one of the above, and you need an indoor antenna. Connecting to the wall will not get you FTA HD channels.
would like to correct the above...

Connecting to the SCV point on wall will not get you FTA HD channels.
Connecting to the TV(aka MATV) point on wall MAY get you FTA HD channels....but how long it can last, don't know...

a happy FTA HD channels user connecting DVB-T2 TV to MATV point on wall...
ACeRyan likes this.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #2479

would like to correct the above...

Connecting to the SCV point on wall will not get you FTA HD channels.
Connecting to the TV(aka MATV) point on wall MAY get you FTA HD channels....but how long it can last, don't know...

a happy FTA HD channels user connecting DVB-T2 TV to MATV point on wall...
Not all hdb flats are installed with Master rooftop antenna right? My mums old flat has, my new 2 year old flat dnt have.how about those new flats currently being build?
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM   #2480

Not all hdb flats are installed with Master rooftop antenna right? My mums old flat has, my new 2 year old flat dnt have.how about those new flats currently being build?
We should educate everyone that DVB-T2 reception is only reliable using your OWN indoor antenna. MATV or SCV points are currently not the official recommended way to receive them.

And you are right about MATV antennas. They're only available on older flats. Newer ones phased out already. New flats now depend tv reception via scv point which only supports DVB-C and analog currently. Not DVB-T2 unfortunately.

Last edited by b00mxer; 12-07-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #2481
Honorary Member

My household's MATV socket cannot tune to UHF region, only have VHF. But all the digital channels are on UHF, so I can't tune to anything. No choice, have to use the own antenna.
ACeRyan likes this.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #2482
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Can you confirm that those DVB-T2 receiver you guys bought from Aliexpress can do EPG recording? I asked the Sinho seller. He has no idea what I am talking.

EPG recording means this, Eg. you see Germany vs Argentina to be aired on channel 5 4am~7am next Monday. You see this on the EPG & just click on it & let the unit sits there & by Monday, it will automatically record the program start time & ends at program end time according to the EPG.

I am surprised ShinHo does not know what is EPG recording when he sold many such units.

Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks for being helpful in the channel.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:52 PM   #2483

Hi all,

Can you confirm that those DVB-T2 receiver you guys bought from Aliexpress can do EPG recording? I asked the Sinho seller. He has no idea what I am talking.

EPG recording means this, Eg. you see Germany vs Argentina to be aired on channel 5 4am~7am next Monday. You see this on the EPG & just click on it & let the unit sits there & by Monday, it will automatically record the program start time & ends at program end time according to the EPG.

I am surprised ShinHo does not know what is EPG recording when he sold many such units.

Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks for being helpful in the channel.

Confirm can. But it is not as easy as clicking on the programme. If I did not remember wrongly, you need to specify the starting time, ending time, and date after you clicked on the OK button.

Also you need to format your portable media to FAT32 before you can record.

Last edited by ccchin; 12-07-2014 at 06:00 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #2484
Arch-Supremacy Member

Confirm can. But it is not as easy as clicking on the programme. If I did not remember wrongly, you need to specify the starting time, ending time, and date after you clicked on the OK button.

Also you need to format your portable media to FAT32 before you can record.
Thanks, but FAT32 will max out at 4GB & won't quite work for a standard uncompressed movie stretching from 10G to 14G... won't it support NTFS?
Old 12-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #2485

Thanks, but FAT32 will max out at 4GB & won't quite work for a standard uncompressed movie stretching from 10G to 14G... won't it support NTFS?

I blindly trust the user manual so I did not try recording using NTFS first. Perhaps you can try it and share your result here.

You are right that FAT32 max out at 4GB, that is, if you format using conventional methods. However, you can overcome that limitation by using the following 3rd party software for the formatting.

Free Partition Manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

I use it successfully but use it at your own risk.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #2486
Arch-Supremacy Member

I blindly trust the user manual so I did not try recording using NTFS first. Perhaps you can try it and share your result here.

You are right that FAT32 max out at 4GB, that is, if you format using conventional methods. However, you can overcome that limitation by using the following 3rd party software for the formatting.

Free Partition Manager - AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard

I use it successfully but use it at your own risk.
I think it may depend on the firmware on the receiver box. Once it detects your external USB is FAT32, it should assumed that it can't write beyond 4G & break the recording into the next file... anyway, do try with the special FAT32 & don't mind the trouble trying NTFS to see if the recording still breaks into multiple 4G files or not.

Anyway, I ordered the last box in the picture I showed as it said it works with NTFS, FAT32 & FAT16 for playback... not sure about recording though... but heck it...
Old 12-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #2487
Honorary Member

I'm not sure about the EPG recording.... may go test it out when I'm free.

As for the format, indeed FAT32 will have a limit on file size of 4GB, so it is not good to use for recording since it easily exceeds the limit. So use NTFS instead.

But I do notice that it seems that the formatting of the USB device to NTFS using the tuner device seems problematic. So one can format the USB device on your computer, if possible, before using it on the tuner device.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 12-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #2488

I think it may depend on the firmware on the receiver box. Once it detects your external USB is FAT32, it should assumed that it can't write beyond 4G & break the recording into the next file... anyway, do try with the special FAT32 & don't mind the trouble trying NTFS to see if the recording still breaks into multiple 4G files or not.

Anyway, I ordered the last box in the picture I showed as it said it works with NTFS, FAT32 & FAT16 for playback... not sure about recording though... but heck it...

What I meant to say in my earlier post is that: Windows cannot format drives and partitions larger than 32GB in FAT32. This limitation can be overcome by using 3rd party software such as the one in the link I provided earlier.

You are right that recordings bigger than 4G are broken into multiple 4G files in the disk when I viewed the contents from my PC. However, I have also noted that the firmware displayed the recordings as a single file when I accessed it for playback. So no issue in playback when connected to STB but may cause some confusion when playback from PC.

BTW, mine is the first one in your posting. It clearly states that it only support FAT32.

Last edited by ccchin; 12-07-2014 at 08:39 PM..
Old 12-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #2489

I just plug it into the wall socket?
Where do I get the set top box?
Also I must get an indoor antenna?
I'm so confused @.@
Is your TV equipped with DVB-T2 tuner? If yes, you can just go and grab an indoor antenna and plug it to your DVB-T2 TV. If no, you need a DVB-T2 set top box and an indoor antenna. There are two DVB-T2 set top box available in the market now, the Draco 7300 and AC Ryan Playon!LIVE DVB-T2 Recorder. You can also get DVB-T2 set top box from online retailers such as Aliexpress, Taobao etc.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #2490
Arch-Supremacy Member

What I meant to say in my earlier post is that: Windows cannot format drives and partitions larger than 32GB in FAT32. This limitation can be overcome by using 3rd party software such as the one in the link I provided earlier.

You are right that recordings bigger than 4G are broken into multiple 4G files in the disk when I viewed the contents from my PC. However, I have also noted that the firmware displayed the recordings as a single file when I accessed it for playback. So no issue in playback when connected to STB but may cause some confusion when playback from PC.

BTW, mine is the first one in your posting. It clearly states that it only support FAT32.
Ah... now I see what you meant. STB viewed the multiple files as a single file, that is interesting too. Wait till my set arrives, will test out the thing...

Do you use those 2.5" (no external power) USB portable hard disk with this? Does the single USB port has enough power to drive such 2.5" portable hdd?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.