Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looks like i'm the only one here able to tap on the unencrypted digital DVB-C channels with my low end 2014 Samsung dumb TV. :s22:

zenogear

Reaction score
Hi all, need some help here. Just bought a amazon basic extreme antenna but realized the plug is not compatible with the tv here. Anyone can advise what is the adaptor to buy and where you can buy good quality ones? Thanks

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went into samsung service menu, and under tuner saw these options, wonder which option are you using?

S_T2C_G
D_T2CS2
S_T2CS2_G
S_T2C
S_T2CS2
S_TCS2
S_TC

Mine did not require any adjustment to service menu. It was already there when i got my TV. :s12:

autoken

Reaction score
Queenstown and Bukit Merah West

17 December 2014 Update

MediaCorp is going fully digital

Queenstown and Bukit Merah West residents can now receive Digital TV. These are the two latest additions on top of Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Timah, Choa Chu Kang South, Clementi and Jurong East.

:):):)

sunsetbay

Reaction score
Looks like i'm the only one here able to tap on the unencrypted digital DVB-C channels with my low end 2014 Samsung dumb TV. :s22:

u r not the only one lor~ i already tune to DVB-C channels 2.5yrs back with my bro Philips TV~ back then all mediacorp channels on DVB-C were already un-encrypted however they were in SD format, HD5 remained encrypted then~ after few yrs, starhub finally made HD5 un-encrypted early this yr~

when starhub made 8HD, Suria HD & Vasan HD available on 28 Aug, i tuned his tv to recv them on the very day~ i'd posted it somewhere in this thread also~

i believe there are many Philips TV users also enjoy the same thing~ :s22:

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cck north suppose to be q4 2014 one. Tmd they push back.....

At least not as bad as the eastern half of bukit merah. supposed to be ready by q4 2014 along with the other half of bukit merah end up pushed to Q4 2015 :s22:

I think they anyhow change area deadlines and redraw the map boundaries as they please, like a certain political party. I think we may see more of that in Q3 2015 when 6 areas are supposed to be ready. Cut into smaller pieces and push back deadline...

Last edited:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just remove my 20m long antenna from my outside window and place it on the side wall next to my TV.

No problem receiving all the Digital Channels except cannot watched Malaysia and Indonesian Channels liao.

But how often do I watch those programs or our MediaCorp Channels ?
Only once in a blue moon as I usually download from internet and watch...........................:D

Yap_18

Reaction score
At least not as bad as the eastern half of bukit merah. supposed to be ready by q4 2014 along with the other half of bukit merah end up pushed to Q4 2015 :s22:

I think they anyhow change area deadlines and redraw the map boundaries as they please, like a certain political party. I think we may see more of that in Q3 2015 when 6 areas are supposed to be ready. Cut into smaller pieces and push back deadline...

Mediacorp is taking too long to roll out the network in such a small country.. it kill of the interest on switching to digital.....if anyone aware the dvbt2 scene in thailand, they had move so much faster to roll out, more than 40 programs avail till date, the government give out digital set top box to all household ( till date >8mil receive the voucher out of 20+ mil household) and redeem from major supermarket and 7-11......hiaz...resident like me staying in east has to wait till 2016??? Is it a joke?? If mediacorp cant roll out on time, please change next better player...

SpinTop

Reaction score
i m in bedok, i can receive all 7 HD channel, using 2 long wires place outside windows. no need to wait 2016.

Mediacorp is taking too long to roll out the network in such a small country.. it kill of the interest on switching to digital.....if anyone aware the dvbt2 scene in thailand, they had move so much faster to roll out, more than 40 programs avail till date, the government give out digital set top box to all household ( till date >8mil receive the voucher out of 20+ mil household) and redeem from major supermarket and 7-11......hiaz...resident like me staying in east has to wait till 2016??? Is it a joke?? If mediacorp cant roll out on time, please change next better player...

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya sg so small, and the roll out can take over 3-4yrs, it's absurd

scorpio75west

Reaction score
Hi to all.. My sony 32 & 40 built in dvb-t2 tuner can get all 4 hd channel + other sd channel in Skudai JB. Im using Dx Antenna SK-500 for analog & digital channel. For Soundtech TVA-600 antenna only can get digital channel. But too bad in S'pore my tv is not built in dvb-t2 tuner.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u r not the only one lor~ i already tune to DVB-C channels 2.5yrs back with my bro Philips TV~ back then all mediacorp channels on DVB-C were already un-encrypted however they were in SD format, HD5 remained encrypted then~ after few yrs, starhub finally made HD5 un-encrypted early this yr~

when starhub made 8HD, Suria HD & Vasan HD available on 28 Aug, i tuned his tv to recv them on the very day~ i'd posted it somewhere in this thread also~

i believe there are many Philips TV users also enjoy the same thing~ :s22:
I meant just for Samsung.. :o

fmradio

Reaction score
anyone using the Topfield TF-T1999HD box and have a updated firmware? Cant find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.