HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #2506
Supremacy Member

Nope, you still need an indoor antenna but if you got a new TV that has DVB-T2/C tuners, you can plug your TV to the SCV point and get HD5, and maybe Ch8(HD) and other MediaCorp HD channels in the future.

Thanks bro for the clarification. Very helpful!
Old 14-07-2014, 10:16 AM   #2507
Scout Trooper

would like to correct the above...

Connecting to the SCV point on wall will not get you FTA HD channels.
Connecting to the TV(aka MATV) point on wall MAY get you FTA HD channels....but how long it can last, don't know...

a happy FTA HD channels user connecting DVB-T2 TV to MATV point on wall...
Yes you are correct, left that part out Didn't want to confuse the topic further (as most users are already quite confused).

www.acryan.com
Old 14-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #2508
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

Can you confirm that those DVB-T2 receiver you guys bought from Aliexpress can do EPG recording? I asked the Sinho seller. He has no idea what I am talking.

EPG recording means this, Eg. you see Germany vs Argentina to be aired on channel 5 4am~7am next Monday. You see this on the EPG & just click on it & let the unit sits there & by Monday, it will automatically record the program start time & ends at program end time according to the EPG.

I am surprised ShinHo does not know what is EPG recording when he sold many such units.

Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks for being helpful in the channel.

hi there, suggest you not to buy from this seller (Eric).. everything you asked him he will not sure or don't know what you talking about.

if got problem, he will tell you that you don't know how to use the set and not his problem. and is not worth to get refund as the ship back cost is higher than the set.

try some other seller better.
Old 14-07-2014, 05:18 PM   #2509
Banned

FYI, in case anyone dunno, for StarHub TV subscribers, they also started testing Channel 5 HD in DVB-T2 mode at channel 981. It is normal that you cannot see anything yet.
Old 14-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #2510
High Supremacy Member

FYI, in case anyone dunno, for StarHub TV subscribers, they also started testing Channel 5 HD in DVB-T2 mode at channel 981. It is normal that you cannot see anything yet.
they are willing to use native DVB-T2 signals for FTA channels?

i thought they kpkb about it awhile ago ...
Old 14-07-2014, 06:21 PM   #2511
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi there, suggest you not to buy from this seller (Eric).. everything you asked him he will not sure or don't know what you talking about.

if got problem, he will tell you that you don't know how to use the set and not his problem. and is not worth to get refund as the ship back cost is higher than the set.

try some other seller better.
Unfortunately it seemed he is already the most trusted seller among others. He also sold the most numbers of dvb-t2 boxes and got the most feedback count.

If you go qoo10, there were sellers with much worse feedbacks from doa parts etc.

Which other seller you recommend?
Old 14-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #2512

Half a yr after MediaCorp HD chs launch, StarHub still only in testing stage. With them offering so Many models of set top box, they will take till next yr to launch after testing all boxes. All this fr Singapore's "Best" Pay TV provider. 😉
Old 14-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #2513
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just got my AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Extreme Performance Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna.

Wow it sure is good! Just stuck it to my window in Jurong West and i can receive all DTV channels and some msia/indo analogue channels too
Old 14-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #2514

Just got my AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Extreme Performance Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna.

Wow it sure is good! Just stuck it to my window in Jurong West and i can receive all DTV channels and some msia/indo analogue channels too
Clear or not the indo channels? Watchable? What channels are these.
Old 15-07-2014, 06:05 AM   #2515

We should educate everyone that DVB-T2 reception is only reliable using your OWN indoor antenna. MATV or SCV points are currently not the official recommended way to receive them.

And you are right about MATV antennas. They're only available on older flats. Newer ones phased out already. New flats now depend tv reception via scv point which only supports DVB-C and analog currently. Not DVB-T2 unfortunately.
But my mums old flat can recieve very clear t2 channels from MATV rooftop leh. Those cheap old antenna to watch Malaysian and indo channels is what type of antenna ah?different from the T2 digital antenna? If want to watch both the Malaysian/indonesians channel and FTA T2 channels on a T2 TV, how should both the antennas be installed?
Old 15-07-2014, 07:44 AM   #2516

Anyone knws punggol area have signal??

Thinking to buy the draco from ntuc. Is it good??
Old 15-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #2517
Banned

they are willing to use native DVB-T2 signals for FTA channels?

i thought they kpkb about it awhile ago ...
Not sure about that though. Was playing with my hubstation HD and found those channels lol.
Old 15-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #2518
Honorary Member

Not sure about that though. Was playing with my hubstation HD and found those channels lol.
How can u be sure that those signals are DVB-T2 using just the hubstation HD? Have u tried to tune using a DVB-T2 TV or STB? Most likely those signals are DVB-C lah.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 15-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #2519
Supremacy Member

Does this mean that if you don't have a T2 tuner you can't receive the signal even with a set top box? Or their set top box will receive the signal from the junction box and send it to your tv?
Old 15-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #2520
Banned

How can u be sure that those signals are DVB-T2 using just the hubstation HD? Have u tried to tune using a DVB-T2 TV or STB? Most likely those signals are DVB-C lah.
I know. What I meant was not the signals. I was talking about the channels itself.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.