Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Hello guys. Anyone know is yewtee signal in digital already. I bought the antenna and plug into my dvb2 ready tv and gets no signal. Thanks

digital-tv-roadmap-2014.jpg

Should be ready

alvinblank

Reaction score
I've a TV with built in dvb-c and can receive HD5 on 370Mhz... Anyone has any idea which frequency to scan for the other FTA channels?

alvinblank

Reaction score
I've a TV with built in dvb-c and can receive HD5 on 370Mhz... Anyone has any idea which frequency to scan for the other FTA channels?

the freq for Ch5, 8, U, CNA, Suria, Vasan are 642Mhz/6875/QAM256~ Okto is 562Mhz/6875/QAM256 & 5HD is 370Mhz/ 6875/QAM256

sunsetbay

Reaction score

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
guys, just to confirm...

can't use existing cable point (not starhub sub) as digital antenna?
as mentioned earlier that cable point has dvb-c signals. If your dvb device supports dvb-c reception u can use the cable point.

tmengyew

Reaction score
Staying at Bukit Merah which has already cover with DVT2 signal. But staying ground floor with block from tree and high rise flat.
If i have problem receive the digital signal which dept (MDA or town concil) should i call for assistance.

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
Like to watch TV? Need a free DVB-T2 box?

Join the MediaCorp survey at Digital TV Experience Survey :D

MediaCorp would like to invite suitable households to take part in the Digital TV Experience Survey. The purpose of this online survey is to gauge user experience about the terrestrial digital television. MediaCorp is inviting suitable households by estate/ location in phases. The duration of the survey is one year and participants will be required to submit the survey quarterly. You will get to keep the set-top-box at the end of the survey.

The households from Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok, Jurong East, Bukit Timah and Clementi will first be invited to take part in the Digital TV Experience Survey, and the survey will also be extended to Queenstown, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Choa Chu Kang, Woodlands, Yishun, Bishan and Toa Payoh once the indoor reception is ready.

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently using a Panny 60A430S TV that does not have built-in DVB-T2 but only DVB-T.
It is not able to scan any digital channels using the MATV point.

Will it help if I buy an antenna? I live in Punggol that does not have DVB-T2 yet
Can DVB-T receive HD 5, HD8 etc? My main objective is to receive FTA channels in HD without paying for SH or ST boxes.
If u are not planning to get a DVB-T2 set top box, then dun bother with the antenna. Cos DVB-T will most likely be turned off soon after the analog PAL signals are turned off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.