HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #2521
Supremacy Member

Unfortunately it seemed he is already the most trusted seller among others. He also sold the most numbers of dvb-t2 boxes and got the most feedback count.

If you go qoo10, there were sellers with much worse feedbacks from doa parts etc.

Which other seller you recommend?

Yes, I chosen him too becos of the feedback too. well, I don't know if other seller is better than him or not. but as long as you got a good set from him without problem, then it should be ok. if you have any problem with the set, then that is where the problem start as he will not be able to help you much.
Old 15-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #2522
Arch-Supremacy Member

My ac ryan antenna booster came,but quality soso, better than the $20 antenna, feel like buying the amazon high performance antenna and use the ac ryan amplifier, will that work? Anyone can borrow for test?
Old 15-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #2523
Honorary Member

I know. What I meant was not the signals. I was talking about the channels itself.
If u referring to the Channel 5, StarHub already has Channel 5 (HD) via STB and DVB-C what.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 15-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #2524
Banned

If u referring to the Channel 5, StarHub already has Channel 5 (HD) via STB and DVB-C what.
Yeah i know. But what they are showing is the DVB-T version of 5HD converted to DVB-C. The subtitles are hardcoded.
Old 15-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #2525

yes, u are right on the Ch981 5HD is the simulcast of DVB-T2 5HD~ it has two audio tracks, AC3 & AAC while Ch155's 5HD only offers single audio AC3~ Ch981 also using soft-sub while Ch155 is using hard-sub~

btw, Ch981 is encrypted~

Old 15-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #2526
High Supremacy Member

How can u be sure that those signals are DVB-T2 using just the hubstation HD? Have u tried to tune using a DVB-T2 TV or STB? Most likely those signals are DVB-C lah.
If i'm correct they are also offering paid terrestrial channels for corporate customers...
Old 15-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #2527

My ac ryan antenna arrived this evening. Did a quick test and below are my observations. Main antenna build quality is ok, but amplifier box and power adaptor is not. Cables provided are not long enough, so antenna can be deployed around a radius of about 1.5m from your TV. Did a single auto channel scan and it picks up all the mediacorp dvb-t2 channels but not the dvb-t channels.

Also, in comparison to my amazon antenna, ac ryan's antenna signal fluctuates a lot. It may be due to the antenna not being placed high enough (due to the short cable); simply walking past the antenna will almost always cause a sharp drop in signal (to almost zero), which either freeze the screen or distort the image. Placing it near windows (if you can) and facing it outwards may eliminate these short-comings. At a price of $29, this is probably a good buy for those looking for cheap and reasonable antenna.

---------------------
P/S: Overall, amazon antenna has much better design and build quality as well as good signal stability. I love my amazon antenna and cannot be parted from it, so will setup the ac ryan antenna at my parent's place instead.
HeeroYuy84 likes this.
Old 15-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #2528
Arch-Supremacy Member

My ac ryan antenna arrived this evening. Did a quick test and below are my observations. Main antenna build quality is ok, but amplifier box and power adaptor is not. Cables provided are not long enough, so antenna can be deployed around a radius of about 1.5m from your TV. Did a single auto channel scan and it picks up all the mediacorp dvb-t2 channels but not the dvb-t channels.

Also, in comparison to my amazon antenna, ac ryan's antenna signal fluctuates a lot. It may be due to the antenna not being placed high enough (due to the short cable); simply walking past the antenna will almost always cause a sharp drop in signal (to almost zero), which either freeze the screen or distort the image. Placing it near windows (if you can) and facing it outwards may eliminate these short-comings. At a price of $29, this is probably a good buy for those looking for cheap and reasonable antenna.

---------------------
P/S: Overall, amazon antenna has much better design and build quality as well as good signal stability. I love my amazon antenna and cannot be parted from it, so will setup the ac ryan antenna at my parent's place instead.
bro, ur amazon is the high performance? is it better than the ac ryan? i got a idea, plug that amazon antenna into the amplifier then amplifier to TV, is that better?
Old 16-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #2529

bro, ur amazon is the high performance? is it better than the ac ryan? i got a idea, plug that amazon antenna into the amplifier then amplifier to TV, is that better?
I am using the extreme version so it has its own amplifier. As mentioned in my post above, the amazon antenna is better in quality, build and signal stability. I suggest you buy the extreme version for better chance of success since you stay in tampines.
Old 16-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #2530
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am using the extreme version so it has its own amplifier. As mentioned in my post above, the amazon antenna is better in quality, build and signal stability. I suggest you buy the extreme version for better chance of success since you stay in tampines.
yea, tampines very bad now, i now use the $20 antenna with usb plug to 3 pin, then into ac ryan antenna booster then to TV

by doing this I got around 75% signal strength, can you help try use amazon antenna and plug to amplifier and see if that get better, If so i want to buy the amazon antenna also
Old 16-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #2531

---------------------
Thanks for the feedback.
It's a timely reminder that quality costs more, but you get better reception.

At the same time, it's all about location still, and if the location is solid, even a lousy antenna will work.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2019...tup-42019.html
Old 16-07-2014, 11:48 AM   #2532

For newbies just coming to this thread, please read the first few posts, which have most of the info that keeps getting asked.

Cheers.
Old 16-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #2533

For newbies just coming to this thread, please read the first few posts, which have most of the info that keeps getting asked.

Cheers.
Is it possible to have a compilation of uncertified DVB-T2 boxes that work in SG?
Will be good for those trying to work within a budget.
Old 16-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #2534
Arch-Supremacy Member

i am not sure if asking amazon antenna to a amplifier is good enough as a sensible question?
Old 16-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #2535
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone tried this before?

DIY Flexible Fractal Window HDTV Antenna

http://www.jeffjamesphoto.com/wp-con...designed-2.pdf

Last edited by HeeroYuy84; 16-07-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.