Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:s11:
Guys this one
can received LOCAL channels well?

malaysia TV 1 too ?

next ...for Mediacorp HD Channels ...is it future proof when 2016 come?

ip046912.jpg

Reaction score
oh I didn't know

this one is Digital TV receiver...as I thought is recorder only

A.C. Ryan|Defining Digital Entertainment

and from the info include standard indoor antenna...BUT is there a need to buy boaster antenna ??

any reviews ?

anyone using this AC Ryan DVB T2 recorder with its standard DVB T2 indoor antenna ?

reception ok mah?

guni_man

Reaction score
If u are not planning to get a DVB-T2 set top box, then dun bother with the antenna. Cos DVB-T will most likely be turned off soon after the analog PAL signals are turned off too.

hmm....leaving the turning off of the signals aside, are the DVB-T signals floating in the air or thru the wall socket?
Technically, If i get an antenna, is there a chance i can get DVB-T signals with an antenna?

I understand the wall sockets are sending DVB-C signals right? (or at least most HDB blocks)

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hmm....leaving the turning off of the signals aside, are the DVB-T signals floating in the air or thru the wall socket?
Technically, If i get an antenna, is there a chance i can get DVB-T signals with an antenna?

I understand the wall sockets are sending DVB-C signals right? (or at least most HDB blocks)

Even without the turning off of signals now, it seems that I get weaker DVB-T signals and there are now less positions to get good DVB-T signals as the bandwidth is gradually taken over by the new DVB-T2 signals. So I suggest u abandon this idea altogether and either switch directly to DVB-T2 (via the indoor antenna) or DVB-C (via the SCV point).

SotongzXc

Reaction score
Hi I have a Toshiba 55L5450VE with built-in Analogue + DVB-T2 tuners.

I connected the TV to the SCV box in my home and ran the auto DTV tuning, nothing was found! The ATV works though.

Any idea how?
Also, I live in Bukit Timah area, so I suppose it should be indoor ready already right?

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a Toshiba 55L5450VE with built-in Analogue + DVB-T2 tuners.

I connected the TV to the SCV box in my home and ran the auto DTV tuning, nothing was found! The ATV works though.

Any idea how?
Also, I live in Bukit Timah area, so I suppose it should be indoor ready already right?
Digital Video Broadcasting - Terrestrial 2

Terrestrial means on land, so you need an antenna to receive.

to use your SCV, you need DVB - C. C for Cable

mingfreakrsx

Reaction score
booster antenna is to boost the signal coverage if you are far from the reception tower or your area isn't fully digital yet. :)

Sent from GAGT Android App

Mike_Lim

Reaction score
Anyone have the same problem of SD channels and CNA suddenly now receiving since last week?

No. Still able to receive SD channels on DVB-T and DVB-T2 bands.
Maybe can try pointing your antenna toward Bukit Batok?
Believe this is where they broadcast from.

Reaction score
Thanks for updates :s12::s12:

I see the map...

so final official done is ALL SHOULD BE in Green .

indoor reception also should be receiving well right...

actually i play around ..noticed have to place windows than can...the signal still not strong even you place the antenna near window depend location.

Tired in different room...

and noticed one room reception is there but ...not strong

tmengyew

Reaction score
I see the map...

actually i play around ..noticed have to place windows than can...the signal still not strong even you place the antenna near window depend location.

You mean your area already have DVB T2 signal but the antenna still need to place near window in order to have DVB T2 signal ?
May i know you are on which floor?

Thanks

Reaction score
You mean your area already have DVB T2 signal but the antenna still need to place near window in order to have DVB T2 signal ?
May i know you are on which floor?

Thanks

5th floor ,

my dad room receive well so do my bed room..
dad room window open ..antenna inside can receive well.

my bed room same with living room facing the main roads.
windows always close.
irony , my bedroom also receive well ok...
but living room .." sensitive " IF the antenna cable shift a bit ..signal will hang...

I checked the map of the digital signal ..progress..

TPY , bishan ..and one more area..still in progress ?
I saw amk in green colour ..beside it stated ( indoor reception )

so I guess that why need to place near the window?

wonder any amk residents here?
If I not wrong ...if you place the antenna inside your room anywhere....it should receive well as the map stated Green ( indoor reception ) .

arcturuz

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which antenna did u buy?

I see the map...

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
5th floor ,

my dad room receive well so do my bed room..
dad room window open ..antenna inside can receive well.

my bed room same with living room facing the main roads.
windows always close.
irony , my bedroom also receive well ok...
but living room .." sensitive " IF the antenna cable shift a bit ..signal will hang...

I checked the map of the digital signal ..progress..

TPY , bishan ..and one more area..still in progress ?
I saw amk in green colour ..beside it stated ( indoor reception )

so I guess that why need to place near the window?

wonder any amk residents here?
If I not wrong ...if you place the antenna inside your room anywhere....it should receive well as the map stated Green ( indoor reception ) .
U not considering to buy a DVB-C set top box? :o

SotongzXc

Reaction score
Plugged my TV with built in DVB-T2 tuner into the MATV port, was able to receive HD5 and suria HD, but channel 8 HD can't receive. The frequency was tuned correctly during auto tuning, so the channel is there.

But when I try to watch, most of the time no signal, every 2-3 seconds will have a image then gone again.

Anyone else having this problem? Some channel can some channel cannot.

I also have a SCV box but apparently it cannot receive DVB-T2 signals so I'm not using that.

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes the official stand is one should not be depending on MATV for DVB-T2 signals

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also have a SCV box but apparently it cannot receive DVB-T2 signals so I'm not using that.
If you are already a Starhub subscriber, you don't need anything else as its already digital. Don't get what you mean by you have Starhub box but it can't received digital signal.

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Plugged my TV with built in DVB-T2 tuner into the MATV port, was able to receive HD5 and suria HD, but channel 8 HD can't receive. The frequency was tuned correctly during auto tuning, so the channel is there.

But when I try to watch, most of the time no signal, every 2-3 seconds will have a image then gone again.

Anyone else having this problem? Some channel can some channel cannot.

Is your SCV STB HD or non-HD?

Nevertheless, SCV STB is able to receive digital channels eons ago so you don't need DVB-T2. Unless you wanna watch HD channels but your SCV STB is still non-HD, then DVB-T2 will be relevant to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.