HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #2551

Just rec'd my Playon Live today and connect to my Panasonic Plasma 1080i TV(yes, I know it's a old set).

Did the setup as follows:
1. Plug in power adapter, connect the HDMI and slot batteries to remote.
2. Connect my MATV antenna to playon and antenna cable from playon to TV.
3. Scan for all channels using auto mode.

Channels scanned - HD - Ch 5, 8, Vas, Suria
NonHD - Ch 8, 5, CNA
Others(not stated as HD or SD) - Ch CNA, U, Okto,
HD channels all rated at 90% signal strength.

Current viewing experience is tat HD channels vs analogue resolution, standing 1 metre away is tat there is a difference but not very significant. Tat could be bec my TV is only 1080i but I believe it's also bec it's a plasma with great upscaling ability. Why this believe?...that's bec I've a 32inch led TV in the room and the difference bet SD and HD is very significant tat I actually go `Wah, HD much better'.

The only `bug' right now is tat I plug in my external 2.5inch HDD and playon not recognizing the HDD. Tried two HDD, one is a 1TB Seagate and the other is a 2TB WD.

Manual enclose is sparse.....minimal info on basic setup with no other info eg, if u're connecting to MATV antenna.

Will need to get back to ACRyan on why the set is not recognizing the HDD. Ok, latest update....I power off/on and now it's able to read my 1TB HDD....but seems a little unstable as it's shows as connected and then disconnect a few times. Now can play a movie in avi and mkv format. Will try other formats as I go along. Note tat this is just initial viewing impressions and have no time to view full movies to see how the playon will react after a few hrs of viewing time.

As mentioned, manual is very sparse...thus, u've to play around the remote to use various functions. Movie titles only hve 19 alpha numerics display...thus, cannot see full title.

Last edited by Streetwise; 19-07-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Old 19-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #2552

I also just got my Playon Live today, but couldn't receive any channels while scanning.
- Connected HDMI cable from Playon Live to TV
- Connected the antenna to "RF IN"
- Power on Playon Live and start scan

How ah? ACeRyan can help?
Old 19-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #2553
Scout Trooper

Cfm chophead my set no 6v adapter.
Hi bro, there is no adapter inside the package - only 1 x Booster Antenna & 1 x Signal Amplifier. You can refer to the packaging also where it list package contents.

www.acryan.com
Old 19-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #2554
Scout Trooper

I also just got my Playon Live today, but couldn't receive any channels while scanning.
- Connected HDMI cable from Playon Live to TV
- Connected the antenna to "RF IN"
- Power on Playon Live and start scan

How ah? ACeRyan can help?
Hi joshszz, when using the Signal Amplifier, please ensure the following:

- Under "Tools" (4th icon in Menu), select "Others" and ensure Antenna Power is set to "On"
- Ensure the switch on your Signal Amplifier is set to "On"

www.acryan.com
Old 19-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #2555
Scout Trooper

Hi all, I just received my A.C.Ryan PLAYON!LIVE DVB-T2 Recorder (ACR-PV78100) & Playon! Booster Antenna (ACR-BA10002).
But I am having trouble getting signal indoor. Even when I put near or at the window, it has to be at a very specific position to get a good signal.

Anyone can advice what I can do?
Hi kevyanhw, when using the Signal Amplifier, please ensure the following:

- Under "Tools" (4th icon in Menu), select "Others" and ensure Antenna Power is set to "On"

When you position the indoor antenna, you would preferably want to place it away from electronics or other signal emitting devices (e.g. microwave, Wi-Fi router). Please try and let us know your findings.

www.acryan.com
Old 19-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #2556
Scout Trooper

Me too. I live in central area. Just tested with the booster antenna. No program found!
By the way, do we need to buy a 6V power adapter to run the signal amplifier? My no light when on.
There is no 6V adapter in the box, your Playon! LIVE is capable of supplying power to the signal amplifier.

When using the signal amplifier, ensure that both the following are present:

www.acryan.com

Last edited by ACeRyan; 19-07-2014 at 03:34 PM..
Old 19-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #2557
Scout Trooper

I dun have the 6V adapter!!! By the way, I din use the signal amp. I connect directly using the booster antenna and all channel is out.

Damn.. Where is the 6v adapter???

By the way, my signal strength is 90% without the signal amplifier. Need to put on the window. Maybe it should be better if use signal amp and put it at other place rather than window area.
The booster antenna has a high gain, and as such certain users (depending on location) may not have to use the signal amplifier - for example, in our office at Kaki Bukit, we are able to receive all channels with just the booster antenna alone.

If you are using the signal amp and "Antenna Power" OR switch on signal amplifier is not set to "ON", Playon! LIVE will not be able to receive anything.

This is similar to if I were to turn on the TV without turning on the wall plug.

Once again, for benefit of all users and also for clarity's sake, in-the-box is 1 x Booster Antenna and 1 x Signal Amplifier.

Playon! DVB-T2 Booster Antenna - AC Ryan Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.

www.acryan.com
Old 19-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #2558
Supremacy Member

Using the Booster Antenna for my digital tv. Can get HD channels but lost all other channels... Any remedies?
Old 19-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #2559

There is no 6V adapter in the box, your Playon! LIVE is capable of supplying power to the signal amplifier.

When using the signal amplifier, ensure that both the following are present:

I try it before. I turn on Others -> Antenna Power, turn on the switch . No red light. Scan nothing.
Old 19-07-2014, 06:42 PM   #2560

Using the Booster Antenna for my digital tv. Can get HD channels but lost all other channels... Any remedies?
Same. No non-HD channel like Channel 5 and 8. HD 8 quite unstable as it always lost signal although it stated 90% and my set reset a couple of time due to lost signal.
Old 19-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #2561
Supremacy Member

I just lost my HD5....
Old 19-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #2562

The booster antenna has a high gain, and as such certain users (depending on location) may not have to use the signal amplifier - for example, in our office at Kaki Bukit, we are able to receive all channels with just the booster antenna alone.

If you are using the signal amp and "Antenna Power" OR switch on signal amplifier is not set to "ON", Playon! LIVE will not be able to receive anything.

This is similar to if I were to turn on the TV without turning on the wall plug.

Once again, for benefit of all users and also for clarity's sake, in-the-box is 1 x Booster Antenna and 1 x Signal Amplifier.

Playon! DVB-T2 Booster Antenna - AC Ryan Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.

Hi joshszz, when using the Signal Amplifier, please ensure the following:

Hi ACeRyan,

Thanks for your quick reply.. There's no signal amplifier in my PLAYONLINE box. there's only a small antenna. I don't think i bought the amplifier.. must buy separately or won't be able to receive any digital channels? The playonline box is useless without it?

Last edited by joshszz; 19-07-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Old 20-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #2563

Thank you for your reply. Now I managed to get the channel, but I need to place the antenna at a specific location to have the channels play smoothly.

I have another problem is that, the device can detect my portable harddisk, but I can't record because the device prompt that the harddisk speed is too slow for recording.

I am using a WD (My Passport) USB 3.0 portable harddisk. And when it did manage to record, the audio was not recorded.

Please advice. Thank you.

Hi kevyanhw, when using the Signal Amplifier, please ensure the following:

When you position the indoor antenna, you would preferably want to place it away from electronics or other signal emitting devices (e.g. microwave, Wi-Fi router). Please try and let us know your findings.
Old 20-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #2564
Scout Trooper

Manual enclose is sparse.....minimal info on basic setup with no other info eg, if u're connecting to MATV antenna.
We designed the Playon! LIVE to be as user friendly as possible, and both the Playon! LIVE & the Booster Antenna works best with each other, as this is what they were made for and tested.

There are too many combos for doing this - different TV brands, antenna setup (Playon! Booster Antenna/ passive indoor antenna/ other antenna brands/ with or without signal amplifier/ MATV antenna/ rooftop external antenna), houses, locations) - that it wouldn't be practical to list down all

Besides, MATV can easily be confused with the SCV cable point for the uninitiated who are not as techy as yourself

We are keen to hear your feedback bro, please update or PM us if there's anything we can do to improve.

www.acryan.com
Old 20-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #2565
Scout Trooper

Hi bro understand that you are using our Booster Antenna with your DVB-T2 TV right?

We haven't tested this particular setup, as the Booster Antenna is primarily for our Playon! LIVE, but we would like to help.

Can you share your setup, like brand of TV, how you connect etc and we'll see if we can help you out.

www.acryan.com
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.