HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2014, 09:02 PM   #2611

All my rooms point are the following type (except without the blue caps):

I always thought they are SCV points as my HDB should be consider the new type build after 1999 with starhub infrastructure and all the points come with a "Cable TV Ready" sticker with starhub tel number.

I highly doubt it's a MATV point, most probably it's a SCV point since it has the 'Cable Ready' sticker and nowadays new apartments comes with SCV points only.

Old 25-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #2612
Honorary Member

I highly doubt it's a MATV point, most probably it's a SCV point since it has the 'Cable Ready' sticker and nowadays new apartments comes with SCV points only.

Should be SCV point because it is screw on connector type, not plug in type...
Old 25-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #2613

so u call those v shape antennas,boosters?
U only can two types of set up to rec'd Indo Channels:
1. MATV > Booster> TV
2. External antenna(with/without booster) to TV.

If item 2, go and read up on the type of antenna tat is best for DVBT2 TV....it's somewhere in this thread.
Old 25-07-2014, 09:36 PM   #2614

Interesting

My flat here it is the screw on type of connector but I am connecting via MATV

I cannot receive TV1.
if you can receive starhub channels with that same port, it's not MATV

http://MyBitcoinJob.com/?id=LobsterX
Old 25-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #2615
Honorary Member

if you can receive starhub channels with that same port, it's not MATV
Nope, cannot receive starhub channels.

Not even preview channel.

Thanks.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #2616

That's what I thought so but I can receive all Malaysia analog channels & DVB-T digital channels. Can SCV points receive those?

Or they are indeed SCV points but are connected to rooftop antenna instead of starhub infrastructure? Think I read before in this thread that one user mentioned there is some kind of connector switch in the riser room outside our house whereby engineer can switch between using MATV or starhub. Since I'm not subscribe to SCV then it's connected to rooftop by default?
Old 26-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #2617
Honorary Member

That's what I thought so but I can receive all Malaysia analog channels & DVB-T digital channels. Can SCV points receive those?

Or they are indeed SCV points but are connected to rooftop antenna instead of starhub infrastructure? Think I read before in this thread that one user mentioned there is some kind of connector switch in the riser room outside our house whereby engineer can switch between using MATV or starhub. Since I'm not subscribe to SCV then it's connected to rooftop by default?
Can you receive preview channel and supersports?
Old 26-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #2618

U only can two types of set up to rec'd Indo Channels:
1. MATV > Booster> TV
2. External antenna(with/without booster) to TV.

If item 2, go and read up on the type of antenna tat is best for DVBT2 TV....it's somewhere in this thread.
But if i use antenna channels, i cannot get tv1 starhub cable channel. So must buy switch ?got such switches?
Old 26-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #2619

But if i use antenna channels, i cannot get tv1 starhub cable channel. So must buy switch ?got such switches?
Yes, there are switches. Go to ur neighbourhood electrical store.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #2620

Hi bros... I juz gotten the acryan dvb-t2 box, need some help here...
I can receive typical mediacorp channels but only channel 8 cant receive, tried on manual freq but still nothing...
Staying in toa payoh and using the normal wall-jack direct connect...
Old 26-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #2621

Hi bros. After reading the few posts on the SCV ports on the walls. Can I say that my TV will receiving the digital channels from there? Because I did the scanning but no results. And I feel like buying the antenna now as I cannot tahan the poor quality. My TV have the built-in DVB-T2 tuner. Any help? I am staying in Punggol. Or is it because my area here is not ready yet as seen on the MDA site?

There is another thread on equipment used by fellow bros. And I found two of them, one living in punggol or the other in Seng Kang who bought the antenna. And they are already enjoying the digital channels.

The MDA site also nvr mention that the SCV ports will be used for receiving the digital channels leh.

Any advise. Thanks!
Old 26-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #2622

Can you receive preview channel and supersports?
No, don't think so.
Old 26-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #2623

Hi bros. After reading the few posts on the SCV ports on the walls. Can I say that my TV will receiving the digital channels from there? Because I did the scanning but no results. And I feel like buying the antenna now as I cannot tahan the poor quality. My TV have the built-in DVB-T2 tuner. Any help? I am staying in Punggol. Or is it because my area here is not ready yet as seen on the MDA site?

There is another thread on equipment used by fellow bros. And I found two of them, one living in punggol or the other in Seng Kang who bought the antenna. And they are already enjoying the digital channels.

The MDA site also nvr mention that the SCV ports will be used for receiving the digital channels leh.

Any advise. Thanks!
You need a DVB-T2 indoor antenna with booster/amplifier function as the SCV point isn't made to transmit DVB-T2 signals.

Old 26-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #2624
Scout Trooper

Hi bros... I juz gotten the acryan dvb-t2 box, need some help here...
I can receive typical mediacorp channels but only channel 8 cant receive, tried on manual freq but still nothing...
Staying in toa payoh and using the normal wall-jack direct connect...
Hi bro kinki you have to use an indoor antenna, or the Playon! Booster Antenna. Connecting to wall jack (SCV) will not get you the DVB-T2 channels.

www.acryan.com
Old 26-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #2625
Scout Trooper

Any advise. Thanks!
What bro mingfreakrsx said

www.acryan.com
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.