HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #271

I'm not sure where to get this antenna in spore as skycom technician bring over to my house to do testing yday. You can give them a call

This service is free or selling their product type ? I think paying S$39 if can receive is not a high price then to wait till 2015.
Old 17-12-2013, 07:31 PM   #272
Master Member

The specs never put dvb-t2
In case of doubt check here.
Old 17-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #273
Master Member

Hi, where to buy Margon v2.0 here? Does it comes with a set top box with HDMI outputs?

Link please. Thx
A separate indoor antenna is needed for digital tv signal since you can't get it from hdb wall point.

For satisfactory analogue tv reception, you still have to rely on the hdb wall point. Indoor antenna cannot do it.

The stark reality is that it's either manual switch or remote control even after 2015 - there is no other way. It will last until the analogue broadcast shut down. I expect the hdb matv to be shut down at the same time since it will be redundant by then.
Old 17-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #274
Arch-Supremacy Member

RE

Could you list down the programmes that your scan picked-up?
Together with the channel number as well.

TV1, Super Sports, Ch 5, StarHub Chs, Ch 8, Suria, U, Vasantha, Okto and Channelnewsasia
Old 17-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #275
Master Member

TV1, Super Sports, Ch 5, StarHub Chs, Ch 8, Suria, U, Vasantha, Okto and Channelnewsasia
Oh my, it looks like you are taking from starhub point, NOT hdb point.
Old 17-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #276
High Supremacy Member

I'm not sure why but i can receive non-StarHub, FTA channels from malaysia and indonesia unrestricted from my master bedroom illegal cable point until Starhub technician replace the illegal filter with SCV certified one, where everything changes to Starhub permitted channels and frequencies.

How to determine if one's cable point routes to HDB antenna point?

My house used to install illegitimate signal filter in the master bedroom (that is also split into cable point in sister's bedroom next door, that sister's bedroom's cable point casing has the genuine SCV label though) which detects most foreign analogue channels blocked by SCV e.g. TV2, TVRI, SCTV, ntv7, etc... and no SCV analogue test channels. Then when my sister subscribed to SCV for her bedroom, the technician found out about the inability to receive SCV channels through her bedroon cable point (and hence the illegal filter and cable point in the master bedroom) and thus changed the master bedroom's cable point with new legit filter and then both TVs in the master bedroom and sister's bedroom are able to receive SCV signal, no more FTA foreign channels and able to receive SCV test channels as well as Mediacorp FTA channels using StarHub specified frequencies.

My question here is, does the difference between SCV certified cable point and connection to HDB MATV antenna point differs by the legitimacy of the signal filter used?
Old 17-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #277
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

If you are talking of StarHub Chs I, frankly, also don't know what channel is this
Old 17-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #278

oric1 wrote:
Situation 2(a) applies to me too as I'm the one who asked you that question. My Samsung has a built-in DVB T2/C tuner but still can't get HD5, only the SD channels
Yup, I am aware that situation 2(a) applies to you as well.
I passed on to you Kiwi8's suggestion of the manual frequency as he got it working for his external DVB-T2/C tuner that he bought.

Are you able to get the 4 other DVB-C channels that sunsetbay mentioned?
(there's another 4 un-encrypted HD channels from DVB-C on 434 & 458Mhz~ one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD~ not sure if ts limited period time, will continue to monitor~ another free non-HD is Karaoke channel which is pretty much crap)

Maybe you could post a screen grab of the above (if you are able to tune in to them) and also a screen grab of the 7 MediaCorp FTA digital DVB-C channels?

Strange part is that for Kiwi8, is it the other way round for him!
He can get the 7 digital FTA channels + HD5 on DVB-C.
But not on DVB-T2!
Hi SilveR1_09,

Nope, I can't get those 4 channels - one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD when my Samsung is connected to StarHub cable point even though my TV has built-in DVB-T2 & C tuner.

I can only get these analog frequencies:

TV1 = 55Mhz
SH Arena = 76Mhz
Chn 5 = 175Mhz
SH Preview = 189Mhz
Chn 8 = 196Mhz
Suria = 224Mhz
Chn U = 487Mhz
Okto = 503Mhz
CNA = 543Mhz
SH Test = 743Mhz

I just wasted $64 today purchasing a Daiyo EU 1702 HD Digital Indoor Antenna (powered) from Courts. I placed the antenna indoor and also outside my window, both cannot detect digital signal

BTW, I'm staying in HDB in Bishan near Bishan-AMK Park (facing Mediacorp Caldecott Hill).

It makes me wonder whether my Samsung DVB-T2 tuner is faulty or there's no digital signal completely in Bishan area.

And also whether is my DVB-C tuner faulty too? Since Kiwi8 can can received HD5 on DVB-C but I can't.

Anybody staying in Bishan managed to get digital signal (T2) using indoor antenna?

This digital TV thingy is so confusing

Last edited by oric1; 17-12-2013 at 08:23 PM..
Old 17-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #279

Haha ok. Could u help out oric1 a lil bit here.
Check out your HD5.
And post a screen grab of the frequency number and other details/settings like the channel bandwidth, modulation, encoding etc that your tuner could display?

Not sure why his Samsung with a DVB-C/T2 tuner couldn't get HD5.

Oric1, if you are reading this, perhaps you wanna share with the community the exact model of your Samsung Smart TV. Maybe someone have a similar model and a solution?
Thanks SilveR1_09 / Sunsetbay.

It's this model UA55F7500BK 55" Series 7 LED - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG
Old 17-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #280
High Supremacy Member

Hi SilveR1_09,

Nope, I can't get those 4 channels - one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD when my Samsung is connected to StarHub cable point even though my TV has built-in DVB-T2 & C tuner.

I can only get these analog frequencies:

TV1 = 55Mhz
SH Arena = 76Mhz
Chn 5 = 175Mhz
SH Preview = 189Mhz
Chn 8 = 196Mhz
Suria = 224Mhz
Chn U = 487Mhz
Okto = 503Mhz
CNA = 543Mhz
SH Test = 743Mhz

I just wasted $64 today purchasing a Daiyo EU 1702 HD Digital Indoor Antenna (powered) from Courts. I placed the antenna indoor and also outside my window, both cannot detect digital signal

BTW, I'm staying in HDB in Bishan near Bishan-AMK Park (facing Mediacorp Caldecott Hill).

It makes me wonder whether my Samsung DVB-T2 tuner is faulty or there's no digital signal completely in Bishan area.

And also whether is my DVB-C tuner faulty too? Since Kiwi8 can can received HD5 on DVB-C but I can't.

Anybody staying in Bishan managed to get digital signal (T2) using indoor antenna?

This digital TV thingy is so confusing
Perhaps this sounds lame but did you select DTV/digital mode when scanning for the channels?
Old 17-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #281
Master Member

If you are talking of StarHub Chs I, frankly, also don't know what channel is this
Those channels as listed by you following request from SilveR1_09 are carried by starhub network and delivered to homes by starhub points. HDB matv (master tv antennae) carries local FTA channels plus TV2 and delivered to homes by hdb wall points. HDB matv used to carry TV1 on chan 3, but it was no longer available after TV1 was switched to chan 55.

As explained in my earlier post (#228), it is possible for some HDB matv to carry digital tv signal.
Old 17-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #282
Master Member

Not to worry, you still need it when the signal is available.
Old 17-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #283

Thanks SilveR1_09 / Sunsetbay.

It's this model UA55F7500BK 55" Series 7 LED - TECH SPECS | SAMSUNG
Hmmm, could you try this please?
Press Menu on ur remote.
Go to the Channel icon/submenu.
Is there an option called Antenna somewhere? And it's right now defaulted to "Air" or "Aerial".

*crossing my fingers*
Old 17-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #284

I'm staying in towner area and my Samsung tv have build in DVB-C tuner and I can only manage to get 4 digital signal. HD5, digital 5,8 and CNA all in SD from HDB matv point. Can't receive suria and chanel 8 HD.
Do we need to have DVB-T2 to be able to receive HD signal?
Old 17-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #285

Even as early adopters, we're already facing quite a long list of issues. What happens when they roll it out to the whole population? Fiasco in the making by MDA!
ceecookie likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.