HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #2836

Bumping up my problem...
Anyone having problems with draco recorder? I can only record a maximum of 2 hours each time
Check your standby timer...
Old 31-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #2837

Great work.

Surprised that Malaysian channels and also SCTV don't have DVB-T2
Malaysia, haha God knows when like the bro below you mentioned. Heard they supposedly "awarded" the vendor tasked to built up the DVB-T2 infrastructure early this year. And claimed early tests transmission would be in Q3. We are approaching Q4 already. Lol.

As for SCTV, they were transmitting DVB-T2 once upon a time. But have since shut it down claiming technical problems with their tower. Many months since. Got no incentive for them as of now since it's still simulcast with analog.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #2838
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope! enjoy your TV now!
so we connect the cable to the hdb SCV antenna? or we got to get our own antenna?
Old 31-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #2839

Bumping up my problem...
Anyone having problems with draco recorder? I can only record a maximum of 2 hours each time
press the record button will record 2 hrs only.
u have to use timer function.
either from EPG select the prog then press timer, select once -> record -> ... -> start time -> duration.
make sure the duration is correct.
u can also access the timer function via menu, then manually key in.
Old 31-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #2840

woo finally can watch HD8 on starhub

how to switch the subtitles on starhub ah?
same as ONE HD (ch 823) use the * button (should have OSD when u switch channel)... but starhub's subtitles function is very lag. after u press the "info" button, or after u rewind/forward, there is still no subtitles... have to wait for at least 5-10 secs to resume... this is a big problem esp for korean dramas or languages u dunno... after pressing info or EPG... then always will miss 5-10 secs of subtitles. starhub really should improve their external subtitles function.

and for ch 857 vv drama on demand, watching tvb hd dramas until now still don't have subtitles. starhub's subtitles function is very lousy.
Old 31-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #2841

Wanna bring up one issue. Draco box... The weeky schedule recording got problem. E.g I set on 01/01/15 then ok today is 1st Jan (record success) then next week suppose to record instead it auto change to the week later (15/01/15). Resulting I miss the 8th Jan recording. So it's like their "weekly" is "every 2 weeks".

I must keep manual set the date back correctly after each recording. Anybody got this bloody irritating issue? 😂

Last edited by b00mxer; 31-08-2014 at 05:33 PM..
Old 31-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #2842
Banned

same as ONE HD (ch 823) use the * button (should have OSD when u switch channel)... but starhub's subtitles function is very lag. after u press the "info" button, or after u rewind/forward, there is still no subtitles... have to wait for at least 5-10 secs to resume... this is a big problem esp for korean dramas or languages u dunno... after pressing info or EPG... then always will miss 5-10 secs of subtitles. starhub really should improve their external subtitles function.

and for ch 857 vv drama on demand, watching tvb hd dramas until now still don't have subtitles. starhub's subtitles function is very lousy.
For Channel 857 VV Drama on demand, StarHub will show the TVB dramas in widescreen starting from the drama Line Walker. The TVB dramas in HD will also have English subs (also starting from Line Walker).

Don't believe you go to their Drama on demand portal and check it out. The 1st episode is free.
Old 31-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #2843
High Honorary Member

Malaysia, haha God knows when like the bro below you mentioned. Heard they supposedly "awarded" the vendor tasked to built up the DVB-T2 infrastructure early this year. And claimed early tests transmission would be in Q3. We are approaching Q4 already. Lol.

As for SCTV, they were transmitting DVB-T2 once upon a time. But have since shut it down claiming technical problems with their tower. Many months since. Got no incentive for them as of now since it's still simulcast with analog.
I see. Well, I don't expect much from our neighbour...

From the list I see a "KaraOK!" channel? What's that?
Old 31-08-2014, 06:13 PM   #2844
Banned

I see. Well, I don't expect much from our neighbour...

From the list I see a "KaraOK!" channel? What's that?
It is a KaraOK channel to sing karaoke. Check this out
Karaoke Fun | Interactive-TV |StarHub TV
Old 31-08-2014, 06:23 PM   #2845

Wanna bring up one issue. Draco box... The weeky schedule recording got problem. E.g I set on 01/01/15 then ok today is 1st Jan (record success) then next week suppose to record instead it auto change to the week later (15/01/15). Resulting I miss the 8th Jan recording. So it's like their "weekly" is "every 2 weeks".

I must keep manual set the date back correctly after each recording. Anybody got this bloody irritating issue? 😂
yes! same for daily recording. if u wan to record mon-fri, it will record mon, wed, fri... +1 becomes +2
Old 31-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #2846

For Channel 857 VV Drama on demand, StarHub will show the TVB dramas in widescreen starting from the drama Line Walker. The TVB dramas in HD will also have English subs (also starting from Line Walker).

Don't believe you go to their Drama on demand portal and check it out. The 1st episode is free.
but... preferably should have chi/eng soft subs.
ch 838 TVBJ and hk tvb jade channel all got chi/eng subtitles.
i wonder when will starhub convert tvbj to tvbj-hd... tvbj video quality is very lousy.
eg. tonite tvbj will broadcast Miss HK live telecast... all paytv viewers around the world are able to catch the HD Live version... only singapore starhub subscribers still watching 4:3 stretched version of the live telecast... really so outdated.

Last edited by AnDyLe0; 31-08-2014 at 06:57 PM..
Old 31-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #2847
Master Member

the day before, Ch981 was at 522Mhz, today they changed to 514Mhz~

tio pwned by MDA lor~ those pple intend to get a T2 TV or T2's STB, i wld suggest considering a DVB-C TV or DVB-C's STB~

unless you are hv the option to connect to MATV like me, u will hv the advantage to recv m'sia analog channels~ if using indoor antenna, the only channels recv are mediacorp channels~

for now, DVB-C users will able to recv the same mediacorp HD channels with additional SuperSports Arena and Lifetime~
I thought now televisions have DVB-T2, DVB-C and Analog? I saw some Samsung TV can switch between this 3 modes.
Old 31-08-2014, 07:12 PM   #2848

I thought now televisions have DVB-T2, DVB-C and Analog? I saw some Samsung TV can switch between this 3 modes.
I believe he's talking about his old set which doesn't have T2 but only DVB-C and/or DVB-T (first gen) only. 😂 and yes true that certain models got all 3 modes but so far DVB-C isn't widely available in most TV sets except DVB-T/T2 and analog only. DVB-C kinda hard to find IMO.
Old 31-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #2849

all Samsung 2014 TVs comes with DVB-T2/C and analog tuners if im not wrong.
Old 31-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #2850
Arch-Supremacy Member

so we connect the cable to the hdb SCV antenna? or we got to get our own antenna?
quote for reply or answers.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.