LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #16
Master Member

My comments:
Equipment you will need:

- a Set top box from Starhub / MIO

Or
ok.

- a set top digital TV tuner, which can be a local box or a DIY antenna job.

Or
Suggest this be amended to read as

- a set top box (stb) or digital tv tuner as listed in http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/Digital...oReceiver.aspx for assured compatibiliy.

Use stb without the logo at your own risk.

The antenna is a separate item that is needed on top of the stb - suggest this be dealt with later as shown below.

- a built in tuner in the latest TVs
Suggest this be amended as

a built in tuner in the latest TVs as listed in
http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/Digital...oReceiver.aspx or
http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/Digital...RReceiver.aspx.

This is because some of the latest tvs still do not have the t2 requirements.

Add:

And an Antenna

- either DIY

or

- Indoor

My suggestion here is not comprehensive to cover the situations for landed properties and condos. These are covered by the MediaCorp FAQ. Please decide how you want to deal with this.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
Master Member

Hi guys.. I think I could provide the STD @SGD80 but pre-oder is needed. I will provide the model that I have tested and proved it is working but I need minimum quantity of 200 sets in order to get it from my supplier, your support is required. Interested person please visit my facebook "yiyiday" for the details, I will keep updating if you need more information.
Market competition works. From $200, now $80.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #18

yeah... i have been waiting since the old thread... still no one posts.
preferably should screencap widescreen programmes with subtitles, eg. ch8 weekdays dramas and variety shows.
I posted hd8 b4 leh.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #19

@ mrsun18
Info update, thanks.

When more members discover new features, please add the info here, so others can learn and enjoy this development.

I have reserved the first few posts for this specifically.

Will start a new antenna / reception thread for that kind of info.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
Old 05-12-2013, 11:44 PM   #20
Honorary Member

*bookmarked*

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 26 Nov 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #21

Please post your antenna models here and what equipment you have bought / constructed to receive the signals.
I've a Samsung Smart TV (2013 model) which has built-in DVB-T2 / C DTV Tuner.

My TV is currently plugged into the HDB SCV wall socket. I did not subscribe to Starhub and do not have any set-top-box.

I was wondering if anyone is having the same setup as me and was able to watch HD5 & HD8. If yes, what kind of antenna (brand/model) are you using. Can please share? Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #22

Meaning to say, even with a dvbt2 tv, i stil got to buy a indoor antenna??

Every salesmen I asked, all say no need antenna
Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #23
Banned

Don't think will have any MediaCorp HD logos during the test run of the signals. All is upscaled.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #24

Market competition works. From $200, now $80.
you meant this one is it??

[QUOTE=tuckloong;81639416]
View Post yiyiday wrote:

wow how much for one?

I saw someone selling this device for SGD250. front panel is different but the backside is exactly the same with what i have. //makantenna_com/id5_html
please replace _ with .

i can make it 200 depends on demand...

that's why i said if someone willing to buy this stb for sgd250 (big blood sucker!!), then i can make it 200 lor...

after i compare with internet price and contact the supplier, i finallized the price at sgd80.. whoever want to approach other parties is ok one mah... this std will come with one year warranty.

anyway this is my first time to sell stuff, it is my interest on this product and found it working so just want to share among you. Also i think i already spoiled other singapore retailer market (droco also another blood sucker)..

if anyone found good sources and keen to sell similiar product with cheaper price, i will get one for my neighbour. Nothing gonna to happend if i cannot get minimum order of 200 sets.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #25
Master Member

@yiyiday

Yes, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on which side of the fence you are sitting on, these are facts of life doing business. No hard feeling.

Cheers.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
Master Member

Price of Set Top Box Dropped To USD 25

8 Oct 2013

- A multitude of DVB-T2 set-top boxes and integrated TV receivers are now available and prices have already dropped to around 25 USD. The price difference between comparable DVB-T and T2 integrated TV sets is already negligible.

Source: Standards - DVB
Old 06-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #27
Master Member

DVB-T2 Reception in Singapore

The information here is complementary to post #2, the FAQ provided by MediaCorp

Quote:

Now I see a sudden burst of interest in the new transmission format.

For those using hdb wall outlets, and private properties (landed or older condos) with own antennae, if your tv sets can receive on analogue

U (chan28)
Octo (chan 30)
CNA (chan 32)

there is a high probability that you can receive the new T2 channels if your tv sets are T2 ready.

However, for some hdb blocks, these stated channels may have been changed to another channels (just like scv channels) because of technical limitation - if this is the case then there may be no reception.

The matv in my condo caters to the 3 channels stated above plus tv3 (chan 26). I could received T test transmission on chan 29 previously. I am confident that my condo can receive all the new 3 channels (yet to be verified).

Edit: Confirmed my condo matv can receive all 4 dvb t2 channels (27, 29, 31 and 33). This is on top of chan 38 (dvb t) which was catered for in my condo matv.

Last edited by mrsun18; 04-02-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #28

I've a Samsung Smart TV (2013 model) which has built-in DVB-T2 / C DTV Tuner.

My TV is currently plugged into the HDB SCV wall socket. I did not subscribe to Starhub and do not have any set-top-box.

I was wondering if anyone is having the same setup as me and was able to watch HD5 & HD8. If yes, what kind of antenna (brand/model) are you using. Can please share? Thanks
I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal:
    Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1, SuperSports Arena, StarHub Preview & StarHub Test
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal:
    Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.
oric1 and mrsun18 like this.

Last edited by SilveR1_09; 06-12-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #29
Master Member

Meaning to say, even with a dvbt2 tv, i stil got to buy a indoor antenna??

Every salesmen I asked, all say no need antenna
The salesmen probably didn't give you the complete picture. Please read #27 which I have just posted.

Edit: #28 too.

Last edited by mrsun18; 06-12-2013 at 11:25 AM..
Old 06-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #30
Banned

I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal: Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1 & SuperSport Arena
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal: Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.
SuperSports Arena from StarHub is also now unencrypted.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.