HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #286

Perhaps this sounds lame but did you select DTV/digital mode when scanning for the channels?
This TV is quite dummy proof

Yes, I did. There's only 2 options - Digital or Analogue Channel Tuning. I selected Digital of course but kept telling me no signal

The 2 screenshots below is with the cable plugged into the StarHub wall socket (my TV has built-in T2 & C tuner).

Even if I were to connect to the Daiyo HD Indoor Antenna that I bought today, I also can't get any digital signal. Like mrsun18 said, I'll just have to keep the antenna handy until the signal is available.

Last edited by oric1; 18-12-2013 at 04:53 PM..
Old 17-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #287
High Supremacy Member

I'm staying in towner area and my Samsung tv have build in DVB-C tuner and I can only manage to get 4 digital signal. HD5, digital 5,8 and CNA all in SD from HDB matv point. Can't receive suria and chanel 8 HD.
Do we need to have DVB-T2 to be able to receive HD signal?
Yes at this point in time you will need DVB-T2 to have the HD channels as well as digital SD CNA, Okto and Ch U.
Old 17-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #288

Hmmm, could you try this please?
Press Menu on ur remote.
Go to the Channel icon/submenu.
Is there an option called Antenna somewhere? And it's right now defaulted to "Air" or "Aerial".

*crossing my fingers*
There's only 2 options for the Channel Source - Aerial or Set-top Box. Currently it is set to Aerial
Old 17-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #289
High Supremacy Member

Yes, I did. There's only 2 options - Digital or Analogue Channel Tuning. I selected Digital of course but kept telling me no signal

The 3 screenshots below is with the cable plugged into the StarHub wall socket (my TV has built-in T2 & C tuner).

Even if I were to connect to the Daiyo HD Indoor Antenna that I bought today, I also can't get any digital signal. Like mrsun18 said, I'll just have to keep the antenna handy until the signal is available.
Maybe something could go wrong. Even if there really is no DVB-T2 coverage in your area you should still be able to receive FTA Mediacorp SD channels (as well as those scrambled StarHub paid channels) over DVB-C via Starhub's infrastructure.

Last edited by MoneyFace =p; 17-12-2013 at 11:18 PM..
Old 17-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #290

Maybe something could go wrong. Even if there really is no DVB-T2 coverage in your area you should still be able to receive FTA Mediacorp SD channels (as well as those scrambled StarHub paid channels) over DVB-C via Starhub's infrastructure.
Yes, I'm able to get all the FTA Mediacorp SD channels except the HD5 & those scrambled SH channels. Perhaps my StarHub's cable point is different from other people. I don't know
Old 17-12-2013, 11:32 PM   #291

can check
2014 New Arrival DVB-T2 for Singapore, View dvb-t2, OEM Product Details from Shenzhen Junuo Electronics Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

this can be use here? or need the official Draco brand ?
Old 17-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #292
Arch-Supremacy Member

Re

My Samsung 4k tv also has built-in T2 and C tuners. Also no digital signals received.

Must get an external digital antenna to try leow

The 3 screenshots below is with the cable plugged into the StarHub wall socket (my TV has built-in T2 & C tuner).

Old 17-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #293
High Supremacy Member

Yes, I'm able to get all the FTA Mediacorp SD channels except the HD5 & those scrambled SH channels. Perhaps my StarHub's cable point is different from other people. I don't know
I meant digital SD mediacorp channels (Ch 5, 8, CNA) over DVB-C, not analogue...
Old 18-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #294

This service is free or selling their product type ? I think paying S$39 if can receive is not a high price then to wait till 2015.
The technician did not asked me to buy the antenna. Since they have tested Margon antenna and signals were quite good, I'd request if I can make purchase on the spot. Think I made the right decision, I may not able to get good signals if I going to buy others brand antenna

Last edited by toshm200; 18-12-2013 at 07:57 AM..
Old 18-12-2013, 01:01 AM   #295

hi wana ask if I ordered this High quality Russia Thailand HD dvb t2 tuner,fully compatible with DVB T,support multiple PLP, dvb t2 receiver HDMI+RCA+USB-in Set-top Boxes from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com

will it be compatible In Singapore?
Old 18-12-2013, 01:53 AM   #296

Haha ok. Could u help out oric1 a lil bit here.
Check out your HD5.
And post a screen grab of the frequency number and other details/settings like the channel bandwidth, modulation, encoding etc that your tuner could display?

Not sure why his Samsung with a DVB-C/T2 tuner couldn't get HD5.

Oric1, if you are reading this, perhaps you wanna share with the community the exact model of your Samsung Smart TV. Maybe someone have a similar model and a solution?
here's my DVB-C setting, i didn't change any setting to recv HD5, but i can manually set the freq to 370Mhz to reduce the scanning time~

other mediacorp DVB-C channels~ OKTO (SD) on 562Mhz~ Ch5, Ch8, Suria, Vasantham, ChU (All SD) on 642Mhz~ KaraOk channel is on 594Mhz~

not sure why oric1 can't tune to DVB-C, maybe there's difference version of DVB-C which starhub use~

Old 18-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #297

I meant digital SD mediacorp channels (Ch 5, 8, CNA) over DVB-C, not analogue...
So even though my TV has DVB-T2 / C tuner and the StarHub's cable point supports DVB-C, my TV is still using the built-in analogue tuner right now?

I think it's time to give Samsung a call and ask them why their TV cannot receive DVB-C even though their brochure & manual said so.
Old 18-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #298

here's my DVB-C setting, i didn't change any setting to recv HD5, but i can manually set the freq to 370Mhz to reduce the scanning time~
other mediacorp DVB-C channels~ OKTO (SD) on 562Mhz~ Ch5, Ch8, Suria, Vasantham, ChU (All SD) on 642Mhz~ KaraOk channel is on 594Mhz~

not sure why oric1 can't tune to DVB-C, maybe there's difference version of DVB-C which starhub use~
Think I'll need to give StarHub & Samsung a call to ask them why I can't get "C" signal.
Old 18-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #299
Arch-Supremacy Member

RE

So even though my TV has DVB-T2 / C tuner and the StarHub's cable point supports DVB-C, my TV is still using the built-in analogue tuner right now?

I think it's time to give Samsung a call and ask them why their TV cannot receive DVB-C even though their brochure & manual said so.

If your Samsung tv has wifi and is connected to your home network Samsung can remotely test the tv to see whether the DVB-T2/C tuners are defective.

I'll do that too after I bought an indoor digital antenna and have it try out. If it still can't receive any digital signal I'll call Samsung for the test.
Old 18-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #300
pjs

See Link below. Similar to Draco box?
Version 1.3.1 and picture above the specs looks like Draco box.
Fta Hd Dvb T2 Digital Dvb T2 Terrestrial Receiver Set Top Box - Buy Dvb T2,Fta T2 Receiver,Fta T2 Product on Alibaba.com
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.