HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #3136
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have recorded a CH8 HD program with a USB DVB-C dongle. No issue.
Not talking about FTA on DVB-C, encrypted channels provided that you sign a cable plan
Old 30-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #3137

The SCV signal for free local channels are not encrypted. If you get this box and scan for channels you will get about 200 blank channels which are pay encrypted channels and all viewable local un-encrypted channels.
i see, noted and thx for the info bro. not sure if gain city got sell if not im not dunno if i should buy another antenna and hope that it will work...i saw a lot of ppl using the daiyo EU1702 in addition with the Draco Set top box and it worked.

but the issue here is i don't feel like taking the risk because if they don't allow refund i'll be stuck with 2 items that i can't be used and need to exchange for something equivalent in value.

thanks.
Old 30-10-2014, 05:21 PM   #3138

Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the free wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

It sounds fishy to me though, what should I do? Location is cck btw
Anyone? Do i need to get a separate antenna or just a new wire to connect the tv to the tv wall socket?
Old 30-10-2014, 05:44 PM   #3139

Anyone? Do i need to get a separate antenna or just a new wire to connect the tv to the tv wall socket?
You can choose to connect via DVB-T2/C for digital signals. I believe you're currently connected to analogue signals.
Old 30-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #3140

You can choose to connect via DVB-T2/C for digital signals. I believe you're currently connected to analogue signals.
So i should just rescan in digital mode even though i'm connected to the wall socket?
Old 30-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #3141

So i should just rescan in digital mode even though i'm connected to the wall socket?
Should I buy the higher grade daiyo TV can? Does it makes a difference in terms of quality? I am saying $5 vs $19
Old 30-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #3142

Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

Are you connected to SCV point or MATV point?
Probably MATV point.

Try connecting to SCV point (you may need a adapter), scan for DVB-C channels. You should get all the Singapore channels.

Also read first page, i.e. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...D-4486989.html
Old 31-10-2014, 12:06 AM   #3143
High Supremacy Member

Hi guys, I just got a samsung uhd 4k tv ua40hu7000k. The installation guys connected it to the wall socket but the image for local tv is quite unclear. Malaysian channel is even clearer. They say it's cos the wire connecting the analog antenna wall socket to the tv is too low quality, and that I need to get a new one.

Sent from GAGT Android App
Pics please for the 'wall socket'. As well as the cable used and its connector ends.

Sounds much like you are getting analogue channels via your HDB MATV point (not SCV cable point). You may want to try setting Aerial to Cable and select Digital Tuning in Auto Tuning first.

Last edited by MoneyFace =p; 31-10-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Old 31-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #3144

Are you connected to SCV point or MATV point?
Probably MATV point.

Try connecting to SCV point (you may need a adapter), scan for DVB-C channels. You should get all the Singapore channels.

Also read first page, i.e. http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...D-4486989.html
Pics please for the 'wall socket'. As well as the cable used and its connector ends.

Sounds much like you are getting analogue channels via your HDB MATV point (not SCV cable point). You may want to try setting Aerial to Cable and select Digital Tuning in Auto Tuning first.
Thank you guys for your help, i've redone the scanning in digital mode (previously scanned in analog mode), and now i can receive HD 5 and HD 8.

The other channels are not HD thru SCV's network yet right?
Old 31-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #3145
High Supremacy Member

Thank you guys for your help, i've redone the scanning in digital mode (previously scanned in analog mode), and now i can receive HD 5 and HD 8.

The other channels are not HD thru SCV's network yet right?
Currently only Channel 5, 8 Suria and Vasantham are available in HD. Both on SCV and DVB-T2.
racife likes this.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #3146
High Supremacy Member

Hi I also bought this a while back. Everything works fine except it seemed it never showed any English subtitles in any channels. Most time it will show 3 subtitles in most programs. One of the 'untitled' subtitle is chinese & it can show & I recalled it showed Malay subtitle also. Strangely it just never show English subtitle.

Is it that HD5 never put English subtitles or just the earlier firmware cannot display English subtitles?

Anyone knows where to download new firmware for this China STB?

bought this from taobao, the description says 2014 for sg and msia. they even supply a standard 2pin UK plug

the specs

everything is fine, video is good. except the sound, which sounded the same as one of the users who posted earlier on. its like the pitch has been increased. funny thing is the dvb t HD5 sounds better than the dvb t2 HD5
Old 04-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #3147
High Supremacy Member

What is the cheapest TV with build in DVB-T2 Tuner & an Antenna?
Want to compare the cost.
Or else quite exp if i have to buy DVB-T2 Tuner plus Antenna for every tv.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #3148
High Supremacy Member

What is the cheapest TV with build in DVB-T2 Tuner & an Antenna?
Want to compare the cost.
Or else quite exp if i have to buy DVB-T2 Tuner plus Antenna for every tv.
There are aplenty of current year 32" LED TV with integrated DVB-T2 tuner. If you are lucky enough, you may also find some older gen TV on sale with working DVB-C tuner too.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #3149
Master Member

Hi I also bought this a while back. Everything works fine except it seemed it never showed any English subtitles in any channels. Most time it will show 3 subtitles in most programs. One of the 'untitled' subtitle is chinese & it can show & I recalled it showed Malay subtitle also. Strangely it just never show English subtitle.

Is it that HD5 never put English subtitles or just the earlier firmware cannot display English subtitles?

Anyone knows where to download new firmware for this China STB?
No idea about the subtitles.

Can contact the seller to email you the firmware. Mine is 20140717V6.0
Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 AM   #3150
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, just starting to look into set top boxes / tuners.

Am I understanding it correctly that the following ...

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/el...c-4642510.html

Alibaba Express FYHD 800C VII Singapore Set Top Box DVB C Receiver-in Satellite TV Receiver from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

... are 2 different types of set top boxes - that the 1st one is meant to be hooked up to the MATV point and the 2nd one is meant to be hooked up to the SCV point? If so, which one would be a better choice if I have both types of points still working?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.