Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #3196
Great Supremacy Member

the new firmware did improve for my reception
Old 27-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #3197

i also intending to get the homeworx antenna from amazon. anyone received and tried yet?
Old 27-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #3198

Can't find any announcement/mention in Starhub or MDA website on Mediacorps HD channels via DVB-C...

Anyone can find pls share.
TIA
Old 27-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #3199

Can't find any announcement/mention in Starhub or MDA website on Mediacorps HD channels via DVB-C...

Anyone can find pls share.
TIA
the news is somewhere in this thread~ anyway, here's the link~

StarHub TV Rolls Out More HD Content

Old 27-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #3200

the news is somewhere in this thread~ anyway, here's the link~

StarHub TV Rolls Out More HD Content
Thanks!

It seems this news is targeting those with StarHub’s HD Interactive or HubStation HD set-top box...

I am looking news that mention TV with DVB-C tuner or 'TV with right digital tuner'....or non subscriber can access through HDB TV point on the wall...

Can help to point me
Old 27-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #3201

Thanks!

It seems this news is targeting those with StarHub’s HD Interactive or HubStation HD set-top box...

I am looking news that mention TV with DVB-C tuner or 'TV with right digital tuner'....or non subscriber can access through HDB TV point on the wall...

Can help to point me
i didn't see any official statement that inform the public on FTA HD channels on DVB-C but since starhub's HD STB is using DVB-C, those users with such tuners will able to receive as long the channel is un-encrypted~

the starhub article said on 28 Aug, they would make 3 FTA HD channels (8, Suria, Vasan) available w/o additional cost and that was how we hv tested and confirmed we are able to receive the channels~

Old 28-11-2014, 04:56 PM   #3202

i didn't see any official statement that inform the public on FTA HD channels on DVB-C but since starhub's HD STB is using DVB-C, those users with such tuners will able to receive as long the channel is un-encrypted~

the starhub article said on 28 Aug, they would make 3 FTA HD channels (8, Suria, Vasan) available w/o additional cost and that was how we hv tested and confirmed we are able to receive the channels~
It's a pity that they didn't make any official announcement, or more people will benefit as they don't need to waste money on new tv or get DVB-T2 tuner/antenna if their existing tv have DVB-C tuner
Old 28-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #3203

It's a pity that they didn't make any official announcement, or more people will benefit as they don't need to waste money on new tv or get DVB-T2 tuner/antenna if their existing tv have DVB-C tuner
I think if they were to make an offcial announcement on DVB-C, it will cause many confusion among peoples since they might be confused whether to get DVB-C or DVB-T2 TV/set top box.

Sent from GAGT Android App
Old 29-11-2014, 08:20 AM   #3204

I think if they were to make an offcial announcement on DVB-C, it will cause many confusion among peoples since they might be confused whether to get DVB-C or DVB-T2 TV/set top box.

Sent from GAGT Android App
just because they afraid to cause confusion, they making people wasting hundred and thousands of dollars per household...can't imagine how many millions wasted overall for whole singapore....don't think that is right way of doing thing.

anyway, getting DVB-C or DVB-T2 is only 2 choices...quite straight forward, shouldn't be confusing for any adult...
Old 29-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #3205
Supremacy Member

just because they afraid to cause confusion, they making people wasting hundred and thousands of dollars per household...can't imagine how many millions wasted overall for whole singapore....don't think that is right way of doing thing.

anyway, getting DVB-C or DVB-T2 is only 2 choices...quite straight forward, shouldn't be confusing for any adult...
Actually they can choose to make a digital ready label only for TV models that have both standards, rather than just T2 like what we have at the moment. T2 only or C TVs will not get any label.

Shouldn't be too difficult since almost all TVs with T2 will already have C, and this should force Samsung to unlock the C tuner for Singapore.
Old 29-11-2014, 12:26 PM   #3206

i would think MDA made a wrong move~ they shld made manufacturers to bring in TVs with DVB-T2 & C as a standard for new TV sets in the first place~ like europe where they hv DVB-T2, C & S2 as common features for new tvs~

now that they had campaigning for dvb-t2 for 1 yr, it's kinda like shooting themselves if they say there's a better option which already existed long ago & w/o the need of antenna to get HD channels~

Old 29-11-2014, 02:04 PM   #3207
High Supremacy Member

Actually they can choose to make a digital ready label only for TV models that have both standards, rather than just T2 like what we have at the moment. T2 only or C TVs will not get any label.

Shouldn't be too difficult since almost all TVs with T2 will already have C, and this should force Samsung to unlock the C tuner for Singapore.
Agree with you. The hands off approach is confusing and not helpful. So many consumers supported Digital with T2 but connected to starhub cable antenna. A waste of their money.
Old 29-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #3208
Master Member

for those who already have a TV with built-in DVT-T2 tuner, and just looking for an indoor antenna can consider this model posted by LxIxVxE.

Below are my result from Bishan, I'm using Sony 55W904A.

Old 29-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #3209
Master Member

I don't see much on the performance, so far only noticed that the previous firmware do not have Singapore in the country list now got.
just got a set which have pre-installed with this version.

Old 29-11-2014, 11:37 PM   #3210
Great Supremacy Member

Any bro also order cheap n good non powered antenna for the tv tuner? Can recommend good one thx
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.