HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #3226

No.... technically the master source is just a digital source, whether be it HD or SD. Then this source is modulated either to DVB-T2 or DVB-C as appropriate for the air and cable respectively. U should not be looking at it as DVB-C converted from DVB-T2 or vice versa.
I read somewhere on mediacorp claming starhub's HD5 source is coming from DVB-T previously. Apologized for the bad grammar but ya not trying to say it's being converted or anything just that the main source itself is coming from T2. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe some may understand what I'm trying to say la. haha
Old 05-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #3227

I know what you are trying to say, but it still sounds like you don't

It doesn't run on DVB-T2 signals, it runs off the same broadcasting feed as the DVB-T2 channels.
Technically ya, but since these HD channels were launched on the T2 platform first so many like me will "consider" these feed source are coming from the main DVB-T2 side. Hahah. After all starhub just merely carries these feed from since mediacorp currently "owns" most of the DVB-T2 side.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #3228
Honorary Member

I read somewhere on mediacorp claming starhub's HD5 source is coming from DVB-T previously. Apologized for the bad grammar but ya not trying to say it's being converted or anything just that the main source itself is coming from T2. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe some may understand what I'm trying to say la. haha
Technically ya, but since these HD channels were launched on the T2 platform first so many like me will "consider" these feed source are coming from the main DVB-T2 side. Hahah. After all starhub just merely carries these feed from since mediacorp currently "owns" most of the DVB-T2 side.
Saying that the source comes from DVB-T2 is conceptually wrong mah.

I give u an example. It's like saying that the video format on BluRay disc is the same as the one displayed on TV after the BluRay player reads the disc lor. The BluRay player got to convert the signals that can be transmitted by HDMI to the TV, for example.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #3229
Honorary Member

btw, channel 5 got 3 audio tracks, what are their individual quality type?

my tv very weird one, only one of the tracks is loud, the rest very soft
Old 06-12-2014, 09:20 AM   #3230

btw, channel 5 got 3 audio tracks, what are their individual quality type?

my tv very weird one, only one of the tracks is loud, the rest very soft
This audio track can select ma ? I don't have MIO , current connecting direct with external antenna only.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #3231
Honorary Member

This audio track can select ma ? I don't have MIO , current connecting direct with external antenna only.
all 3 audio tracks can be selected.. but only one is loud (i think my tv problem)

i'm using ac-ryan dvb-t2
Old 06-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #3232

I bought this antenna and the coaxial plug doesn't fit my tv, do I need to buy a connector ? How am I suppose to obtain them to use this antenna ?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range: Electronics
Old 06-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #3233
High Supremacy Member

I bought this antenna and the coaxial plug doesn't fit my tv, do I need to buy a connector ? How am I suppose to obtain them to use this antenna ?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range: Electronics
show us a photo of your tv antenna connector + that antenna plug
Old 06-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #3234

from the amazon pic, it uses the male F-socket~

so u need a female F-socket to male RF coaxial adaptor~ can get it cheaply at SLT~

front view~

back view~

Old 07-12-2014, 03:01 AM   #3235

AcRyan PV78100 not able to detect USB HDD

I just bought a AcRyan Live PV78100. Both my WD and Seagate 2.5' USB HDD is not able to be detected. Pls advise. Only 3.5' external HDD with additional power supply is able to be detected.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:18 AM   #3236
High Supremacy Member

I just bought a AcRyan Live PV78100. Both my WD and Seagate 2.5' USB HDD is not able to be detected. Pls advise. Only 3.5' external HDD with additional power supply is able to be detected.
probably your AcRyan's USB port is not providing enough current to power up those 2.5" HDD

maybe you can get a USB Y Power Cable

The male USB with data connect to AcRyan
The male USB with power only connect to a USB handphone charger

The female USB connect to your 2.5" HDD
Qubicfactor likes this.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #3237
Master Member

mine dvb-t2 connected via matv is having distortion for suria (hd) and ch 5 (hd), rest like ch 8 (hd), okto, ... are fine

the distorted channels have level and quality at 100%

any idea?
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #3238
High Supremacy Member

mine dvb-t2 connected via matv is having distortion for suria (hd) and ch 5 (hd), rest like ch 8 (hd), okto, ... are fine

the distorted channels have level and quality at 100%

any idea?
What do you mean distorted?
Can take a picture for us to see?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #3239
Master Member

What do you mean distorted?
Can take a picture for us to see?
see these

Spoiler!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:35 AM   #3240
Supremacy Member

hi guys i just bought a samsung h6400 tv and i noticed that when i on my sony blu ray home theatre system which is connected to the hdmi arc input of the tv, some channels will be unable to receive any signals. Anyone knows why? i tried plugging into other hdmi ports of the tv also the same and previously i was using panasonic tv and this issue didnt occur
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.