HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 11:11 PM   #3256
Supremacy Member

Also another confusing thing, I Google the HU7200 and some site lists it as a dvb-C capable tuner, but I couldn't get anything.

Got a cheaper daiyo cable from F to TV. Must the cable be the so called digital TV cable or is that just a marketing gimmick?
The problem with a lot of Samsung sets is that the DVB-C tuner is region locked, i.e. if the region of the TV is set to Singapore, the DVB-C tuner is disabled. This has been previously mentioned in this thread before, specifically here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88...-post2878.html

You may either need to change the region in the settings to some country other than Singapore, or if your TV doesn't have any option for that, you may need to enter the service menu to change it (be careful not to change any other setting in there).
Old 08-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #3257
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the help.
Location is at Serangoon North so base on Mediacorp's plan, its a general planned rollout in 2015/2016. Hence it is unlikely that the Digital signal is being pushed through the SCV Point.

Its ok. I'm just planning it in advance. Still can live with analog signal till Mediacorp formally push out digital signal in the area.

Henceforth, until then, I just invest on a TV with built-in DVB-T2 encoder but live with analog for now. There are no plans to get paid TV.
Note that SCV point only has DVB-C signals. DVB-T2 signals would need either an antenna, or via MATV point. The often misquoted rollout map is for indoor coverage. The whole of Singapore can already get digital signal since Dec last year.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #3258

The problem with a lot of Samsung sets is that the DVB-C tuner is region locked, i.e. if the region of the TV is set to Singapore, the DVB-C tuner is disabled. This has been previously mentioned in this thread before, specifically here:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88...-post2878.html

You may either need to change the region in the settings to some country other than Singapore, or if your TV doesn't have any option for that, you may need to enter the service menu to change it (be careful not to change any other setting in there).
Thanks Qubicfactor. Will try the going to the service menu. Anyone knows if any remote will do? This TV only came with the smart touch remote and not the regular remote with buttons. Tried 6 ways to enter the service menu with it to no avail. So I either go buy a samsung remote control or a universal one?
Old 09-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #3259
Supremacy Member

That Blu-ray is emitting something that affects your t2 receiver?
from the looks of it yeah but i dunno what its emiting lol... anyway the 2 channels i cant watch are vasantham and suria which i dont watch but hope this doesnt happen to the rest of the channels when my area goes digital
Old 09-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #3260
High Supremacy Member

anyone in pasir ris tried DVB-t2? i cant receive any signal.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #3261

anyone in pasir ris tried DVB-t2? i cant receive any signal.
The indoor digital tv signals will only be rolled out in 2015/2016 according to this mediacorp link

MediaCorp is going fully digital

That said, you will need to purchase an antenna on top of the DVB-T2 TV in order to start watching hd channels
Old 09-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #3262
High Supremacy Member

The indoor digital tv signals will only be rolled out in 2015/2016 according to this mediacorp link

That said, you will need to purchase an antenna on top of the DVB-T2 TV in order to start watching hd channels
thanks for info.

old tv - checked.
dvb-t2 receiver - checked.
25db antenna - checked.
signal - failed!
Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #3263

Thanks Qubicfactor. Will try the going to the service menu. Anyone knows if any remote will do? This TV only came with the smart touch remote and not the regular remote with buttons. Tried 6 ways to enter the service menu with it to no avail. So I either go buy a samsung remote control or a universal one?
I wouldn't recommend you getting an original samsung remote control because it'll be more expensive. Getting a universal one usually costs less than $20.

There is not much difference in quality compared to the original one, and its buttons on it are exactly the same as the original. You can text/whatsapp me at 8138-5015 if you are interested in getting one. My dad has been in this line for >30 years
Old 09-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #3264

thanks for info.

old tv - checked.
25db antenna - checked.
signal - failed!
haha you can try putting your antenna near the windows to see if you can receive any signal. if not, you'll probably need to wait for awhile more..
Old 09-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #3265

Hi guys, do television nowadays come with no UHF/VHF(cable) input? I plugged in the Coaxial cable from the wall into my starhub setup box and run a Hdmi to Hdmi to my first TV.

I just bought a TV without a UHF/VHF input again. I am running a coaxial output from my digital setup box and have to use a converter to convert it to the old school antenna cable before connecting to my 2nd TV, causing it to be very grainy

Edit: nvm ignore this post. I solved the problem alrdy

Last edited by diediex; 09-12-2014 at 05:53 PM..
Old 09-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #3266
Master Member

i got all channels except ch U, okto and CNA. is it a signal problem?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #3267

i got all channels except ch U, okto and CNA. is it a signal problem?
Nope! These channels will only go hd in 2016

Refer to this link
wc1985 likes this.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #3268
Master Member

Nope! These channels will only go hd in 2016

Refer to this link
oh! thought they were digital but not hd! so turns out the 3 channels still on analogue!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:25 AM   #3269

oh! thought they were digital but not hd! so turns out the 3 channels still on analogue!
Wrong. These channels are already available on digital (DVB-T2) but not in HD.
Qubicfactor likes this.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:46 AM   #3270
Supremacy Member

thanks for info.

old tv - checked.
25db antenna - checked.
signal - failed!
not sure what antenna you are using, but if you are using one of those powered types that come in a set with the receiver, make sure that the setting for active antenna is set to on in the receiver menu, otherwise you won't get anything.

The setting allows the receiver to know that the antenna connected needs power to be sent via the antenna cable.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.