www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated] (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989.html)

sunsetbay 06-12-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilveR1_09 (Post 81713649)
I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal: Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1 & SuperSport Arena
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal: Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.

btw, there's another 4 un-encrypted HD channels from DVB-C on 434 & 458Mhz~ one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD~ not sure if ts limited period time, will continue to monitor~ another free non-HD is Karaoke channel which is pretty much crap~ :s22:

SilveR1_09 06-12-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakuman (Post 81714646)
SuperSports Arena from StarHub is also now unencrypted.

Yup, I included it. Part of #1.
Carried thru the cable as analog signal on VHF, 76.25MHz.

Anyone can verify it's receivable on DVB-C as well?
(Not thru StarHub set top box, that one confirm can. LOL!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunsetbay (Post 81715249)
btw, there's another 4 un-encrypted HD channels from DVB-C on 434 & 458Mhz~ one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD~ not sure if ts limited period time, will continue to monitor~ another free non-HD is Karaoke channel which is pretty much crap~ :s22:

Ah, 'one sport', is that sport, SuperSports Arena?
Thanks for the update for the other DVB-C unencrypted channels.
Yeah, might be limited time period.

oric1 06-12-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilveR1_09 (Post 81713649)
I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal:
    Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1, SuperSports Arena, StarHub Preview & StarHub Test
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal:
    Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.

Thanks SilveR.

Since my TV has DVB-T2 / C, I was able to get #1 but not the HD5 on #2(a) :( I tested between 9pm to 11pm.

SilveR1_09 06-12-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oric1 (Post 81717253)
Thanks SilveR.

Since my TV has DVB-T2 / C, I was able to get #1 but not the HD5 on #2(a) :( I tested between 9pm to 11pm.

Kiwi8 mentioned that HD5 on DVB-C has raw frequency of 370000KHz.
Perhaps you could try manual tune your digital tuner to that frequency and see if HD5 comes alive.

Just a quick question, are you connecting direct to the TV from the SCV socket? Or using a splitter in between?

oric1 06-12-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilveR1_09 (Post 81717492)
Kiwi8 mentioned that HD5 on DVB-C has raw frequency of 370000KHz.
Perhaps you could try manual tune your digital tuner to that frequency and see if HD5 comes alive.

Ok, will try again tonight. Thanks!

proddy 06-12-2013 02:12 PM

snap from my my old USB tuner with EyeTV
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...TVSnapshot.jpg

can i still get T2 signal?
will i still enjoy T1 signal in future?

chakuman 06-12-2013 02:43 PM

MediaCorp Ch5 HD has changed. Other than the logo, their subtitles and logo have also gone HD regardless the program itself is upscaled or not.

somewhat 06-12-2013 05:19 PM

if the starhub is going to carry the FTA channels in unencrypted DVB-C signal, isn't it better for those who stay in HDB to buy a DVB-C tuner and plug it into starhub cable point ?

sunsetbay 06-12-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilveR1_09 (Post 81715564)

Ah, 'one sport', is that sport, SuperSports Arena?
Thanks for the update for the other DVB-C unencrypted channels.
Yeah, might be limited time period.

its SportsHD~ the four free HD channels did not display its name on the listing unlike other channels~ :s22:

edwinz 06-12-2013 09:53 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/1180iev.jpg
Bought this to try... Sounds seems louder... Will do a better review later.. The owner of the hand is watching "totoro" right now...

mingfreakrsx 06-12-2013 10:00 PM

FM / TV point
 
Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D

merc 06-12-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwinz (Post 81728362)
http://i42.tinypic.com/1180iev.jpg
Bought this to try... Sounds seems louder... Will do a better review later.. The owner of the hand is watching "totoro" right now...

Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.

edwinz 06-12-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mingfreakrsx (Post 81728529)
Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D

Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder

edwinz 06-12-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc (Post 81728879)
Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.

Visually I feel no diff from connecting to my window grill, however I feel there is surround sound now. My window grill fix also will be unstable from time to time.

Not bad.. But cost me $60.

mingfreakrsx 06-12-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwinz (Post 81728954)
Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder

It hasn't converted to SCV point but I believe its connected to the HDB block main antenna. But my living room and my parent's room has the StarHub SCV point(connected to main outside). The FM/TV point can receive all Malaysia terrestrial television channels and Indonesia RCTI and SCTV. Would like to post a pic of the point but cant since I just joined:(


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 03:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.