HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #31

I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal: Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1 & SuperSport Arena
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal: Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.
btw, there's another 4 un-encrypted HD channels from DVB-C on 434 & 458Mhz~ one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD~ not sure if ts limited period time, will continue to monitor~ another free non-HD is Karaoke channel which is pretty much crap~
Wanomoto likes this.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #32

SuperSports Arena from StarHub is also now unencrypted.
Yup, I included it. Part of #1.
Carried thru the cable as analog signal on VHF, 76.25MHz.

Anyone can verify it's receivable on DVB-C as well?
(Not thru StarHub set top box, that one confirm can. LOL!)

btw, there's another 4 un-encrypted HD channels from DVB-C on 434 & 458Mhz~ one sport, H2, Lifetime HD & Nat'l Geo HD~ not sure if ts limited period time, will continue to monitor~ another free non-HD is Karaoke channel which is pretty much crap~
Ah, 'one sport', is that sport, SuperSports Arena?
Thanks for the update for the other DVB-C unencrypted channels.
Yeah, might be limited time period.

Last edited by SilveR1_09; 06-12-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #33

I've mentioned this in the other thread that is closed now. Anyway here goes:

The SCV wall socket carries 2 types of signals as it is now.
  1. Analog signal:
    Relay MediaCorp's FTA channels, RTM TV1, SuperSports Arena, StarHub Preview & StarHub Test
    - Viewable with TVs that has analog tuner
  2. Digital DVB-C signal:
    Digital channels for StarHub Cable TV
    - (a) Unencrypted: MediaCorp's 7 FTA channels + HD5 (viewable with TVs that has a DVB-C tuner)
    - (b) Encrypted: StarHub's Pay TV channels (viewable with StarHub's DVB-C set top box)

StarHub's only having HD5 broadcasting in HD for the 7 FTA channels thru their DVB-C signals.
An earlier post, there's mention of MDA noting that carriage of HD8, Suria HD & Vasantham HD for StarHub & SingTel on their DVB-C & IPTV system respectively, will be at a later date as it needs to be tested.

Your situation, with your TV plugged to the SCV wall socket as it is, you should be able to get #1 & #2(a).

If you would like to receive the DVB-T2 signals, you would need to connect to the HDB rooftop MATV (if ur block has one), or you would need to buy an antenna or DIY one yourself. Again, like @petetherock mention, location, location location.
Thanks SilveR.

Since my TV has DVB-T2 / C, I was able to get #1 but not the HD5 on #2(a) I tested between 9pm to 11pm.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #34

Thanks SilveR.

Since my TV has DVB-T2 / C, I was able to get #1 but not the HD5 on #2(a) I tested between 9pm to 11pm.
Kiwi8 mentioned that HD5 on DVB-C has raw frequency of 370000KHz.
Perhaps you could try manual tune your digital tuner to that frequency and see if HD5 comes alive.

Just a quick question, are you connecting direct to the TV from the SCV socket? Or using a splitter in between?

Last edited by SilveR1_09; 06-12-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #35

Kiwi8 mentioned that HD5 on DVB-C has raw frequency of 370000KHz.
Perhaps you could try manual tune your digital tuner to that frequency and see if HD5 comes alive.
Ok, will try again tonight. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #36

snap from my my old USB tuner with EyeTV

can i still get T2 signal?
will i still enjoy T1 signal in future?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #37
Banned

MediaCorp Ch5 HD has changed. Other than the logo, their subtitles and logo have also gone HD regardless the program itself is upscaled or not.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #38

if the starhub is going to carry the FTA channels in unencrypted DVB-C signal, isn't it better for those who stay in HDB to buy a DVB-C tuner and plug it into starhub cable point ?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #39

Ah, 'one sport', is that sport, SuperSports Arena?
Thanks for the update for the other DVB-C unencrypted channels.
Yeah, might be limited time period.
its SportsHD~ the four free HD channels did not display its name on the listing unlike other channels~

Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #40

Bought this to try... Sounds seems louder... Will do a better review later.. The owner of the hand is watching "totoro" right now...
civicguy likes this.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #41

FM / TV point

Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #42

Bought this to try... Sounds seems louder... Will do a better review later.. The owner of the hand is watching "totoro" right now...
Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #43

Hi may I ask the pros' here whether the TV/FM TV Antenna point(not those StarHub SCV point) can receive DVB-T2 signals directly by connecting coaxial cable to TV? TV connected to this point could watch SG, MY and IND channel shows too. Would like to know more! :-D
Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #44

Planning to get this for my LG LA623T also. Awaiting for your review.
Visually I feel no diff from connecting to my window grill, however I feel there is surround sound now. My window grill fix also will be unstable from time to time.

Not bad.. But cost me $60.

Last edited by edwinz; 06-12-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #45

Very dependent on what your town council/renovator did for your connections. Is the box converted to Svc point. If not, if the main outside connected to Svc or still connected to main antenna. Actually, any "air" antenna can receive. Just need a dvb-T2 decoder
It hasn't converted to SCV point but I believe its connected to the HDB block main antenna. But my living room and my parent's room has the StarHub SCV point(connected to main outside). The FM/TV point can receive all Malaysia terrestrial television channels and Indonesia RCTI and SCTV. Would like to post a pic of the point but cant since I just joined

Last edited by mingfreakrsx; 06-12-2013 at 10:36 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.