HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #436

Right. In landed property. The Daiyo antenna is quite good. It can received the 2 digital channels irrespective of whether I located it in the middle of the living room or next to the front door. I assume that I will be able to received the other channels in early 2014.
Cheers
Ya based on MDA's rollout schedule amk is q1 2014 for complete indoor, so not long to wait.. If by then don't have go n see ur pm, I mean, mp lor.
Old 22-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #437
Master Member

Right. In landed property. The Daiyo antenna is quite good. It can received the 2 digital channels irrespective of whether I located it in the middle of the living room or next to the front door. I assume that I will be able to received the other channels in early 2014.
Cheers
I suppose you are a starhub subscriber since you didn't mention anything about roof-top antenna. The MediaCorp roll out plan said "From Dec 2013: Outdoor Reception Island-Wide". But the outdoor signal isn't going to just hentak kaki outside, that's why you are able to receive some of the channels. You can try doing a manual scan to capture the other channels as explained with reasons, in my post #395 in this thread. Don't worry about different indoor antenna or tv set.

Just purchased the Daiyo antenna an connected to to my DVB-t2 capable Sony tv today. I live in AMK. TV is located on the grd floor. I can only detect (auto scan) only 2 digital channels ( 5 & Suria). These two HD channels quality is good and clear.
I tried to use a combo tv plug for
1) Wall tv outlet & for analog channels
2) Daiyo antenna for digital channels.
Unfotunately, it did not quote work out as the analog channels becomes quite snow-ee. I have to unplug the Daiyo antenna to get back a acceptable quality for the analog channels.
For starhub subscriber, I understand your reason to combine the two sources of signal to one input for the tv set. Your method can't work for reason explained in my post #169 of this closed thread:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ho...614256-37.html

You may have to spend some time reading. If short of time just skip. A better method to do it is using an a/b switch:

Finally found them with the help of my best friend...Google "A/B Antenna Switch"

It has an operating frequency of 5 ~ 1000MHz which is suitable. But the insertion loss is unknown. If adaptor such as F to IEC is needed, there will be more losses.

Here is the url:
Antenna Cable Switch | eBay

For those who need help with the wiring connection:
A/B Switch Setup

Disclaimer: I have not used the products listed. Try at you own risk.
Old 22-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #438

I suppose you are a starhub subscriber

Think if he bought the daiyo digital antenna means he is not a pay-tv subscriber?

Or there are cases where subscribers still need to buy the digital antenna isit? Until the rollout complete? Tho MDA/mediacorp didn't mention leh
Old 22-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #439
High Supremacy Member

Or there are cases where subscribers still need to buy the digital antenna isit? Until the rollout complete? Tho MDA/mediacorp didn't mention leh
Nope paid TV subscribers will never need any of those, they rely the channel signals from their own infrastructure.
Old 22-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #440

Nope paid TV subscribers will never need any of those, they rely the channel signals from their own infrastructure.
Yeah tts what I thought, tt u can get the FTA digital signal thru ur pay tv service.

hence asking why mrsun was supposing chngsk to b a starhub subscriber even though he had hooked up the daiyo digital antenna. Thought there was something we missed. Better to clarify lest other subscribers or would b subscribers think they will still need an indoor digital antenna for FTA digital TV.
Old 23-12-2013, 12:26 AM   #441
High Supremacy Member

i only get softer audio for DVB-T2 5(HD) when selected "Dolby D+" audio track.
that is not really audio prob... but because of 5.1 surround supported by the tv.

for tv that supports Dolby Surround (eg. Sony, Samsung, LG etc), when 5(HD) outputs 6 audio channels, ur tv will output softer audio due to the sound is split into 6 speakers.
if ur tv does not support Dolby, either u get no sound, or extra loud sound (due to 6 channels downmix to 2 channels).
For my case it is quite weird.. On "5 (HD)" (T), I can hear Dolby D+ audio track very well. On "Ch 5 (HD)" (T2), I receive 3 audio tracks "English, Undefined, Undefined" Only one of the "Undefined" channel could be heard and sound is very muffled.

On "Ch 8 (HD)" and "Ch U" both also 2 "Undefined" audio tracks.. donno issit my box problem
Old 23-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #442

just chking if anyone able to receive digital channels using daiyo indoor antennas in choa chu kang area?
Old 23-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #443

For my case it is quite weird.. On "5 (HD)" (T), I can hear Dolby D+ audio track very well. On "Ch 5 (HD)" (T2), I receive 3 audio tracks "English, Undefined, Undefined" Only one of the "Undefined" channel could be heard and sound is very muffled.

On "Ch 8 (HD)" and "Ch U" both also 2 "Undefined" audio tracks.. donno issit my box problem

is yours those china brand dvb-t2? i have the same problem with the sound like you,guess is hardware or software limitations, nothing to do with the signal. recorded tv program will sound crisp n clear when play thru pc or other media player.
Old 23-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #444

just chking if anyone able to receive digital channels using daiyo indoor antennas in choa chu kang area?
Yup. I am able to received it in Yew Tee.
Old 23-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #445

For those in CCK, Yew Tee, any Indo or Malaysia T2 test chs?
Old 23-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #446

Yup. I am able to received it in Yew Tee.
how mani channels u able to receive bro?
Old 23-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #447

Just purchased the Daiyo antenna an connected to to my DVB-t2 capable Sony tv today. I live in AMK. TV is located on the grd floor. I can only detect (auto scan) only 2 digital channels ( 5 & Suria). These two HD channels quality is good and clear.
I tried to use a combo tv plug for
1) Wall tv outlet & for analog channels
2) Daiyo antenna for digital channels.
Unfotunately, it did not quote work out as the analog channels becomes quite snow-ee. I have to unplug the Daiyo antenna to get back a acceptable quality for the analog channels.
Maybe suggest to use a switcher would be good. I wonder Daiyo suit me also.. like to have HD channels then to wait till 2015.
Old 23-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #448

just bought, i am not able to receive anything in cck
Old 23-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #449

just bought, i am not able to receive anything in cck
Last week I had the same problem. I thought it was my TV or Daiyo antenna until I did an auto tuning and viola, all the digital channels started appearing.
Old 23-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #450
Supremacy Member

is it possible to route the scv cable point in my room to the HDB rooftop antenna? i can't receive the new digital channels using the draco box in sengkang
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.