www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated] (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/digital-tv-dvb-t2-singapore-%5Bconsolidated%5D-4486989.html)

leongws 04-01-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltmix (Post 82481885)
My TV only DVB-t1,
cannot get clear ch8,ch5 and cna when i use daiyo (very burl) i search by analog.
digital totally nothing.

My tv also just have dvb-t. When searching by analog like u image is very blur. When I search by digital, the 4 digital channels are all very clear. Maybe u can try searching through digital manually instead of auto. The channel is ch 38 for the 4 fta if u use daiyo antenna

mrsun18 04-01-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolsun9 (Post 82472398)
I used a simple omnidirectional antenna about 9 inch tall which could not pick up any signals. I have tried near windows and balcony but failed miserably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoloBoiBoi (Post 82473171)
9inch ? Please lah ... comes with the tuner one isit? Those short short don bother

You try get those cheap 1m long telescopic one
That one alot better

9 inch is just about right. For reception of Singapore T and T2 signal, the optimum length of the antenna element (like that shown in #734 or a simple telescopic) is about 0.25 to 0.3m. Telescopic, or rod antenna may have to be placed in a horizontal position. 1m long telescopic may work for VHF, but is far too long for UHF.

Understanding Indoor Antenna in the spoiler

Spoiler!

mrsun18 04-01-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolsun9 (Post 82480704)
I may have missed something here, how to copy an URL for pasting an image from my pc?

Upload your image to an image hosting site, then copy the url of the image from the hosting site.

mingfreakrsx 04-01-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolsun9 (Post 82480704)
I may have missed something here, how to copy an URL for pasting an image from my pc?

There's this mountain with a sun icon when you are replying someone(not quick reply), click on it, insert the image link and done. You first have to upload your image to a photo image upload server eg. postimage.org, imgur.com :)

Noticed you have less than 50 post counts, maybe you don't have enough post counts to upload a picture. If is like this, you could copy the link of the image you have uploaded,monastery it here and remove the " http:// "

chakuman 04-01-2014 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i-Movies (Post 82475589)
Thanks! I can see only Channel 5 HD is available, the rest are still SD quality although many talks in the street/newspaper about free channels on HD are available by end of last year.

Some Channel 8 programs via Starhub are already named as (HD) although the picture is defiantly not HD, I also thought Starhub might not be really ready for broadcasting HD by MDA's deadline so they had to sell horse meat as beefsteak... But any inside news, when will they be ready?

I do not have insider news on that.

StarHub named them (HD) is because they take the data directly from the MediaCorp EPG. If you go look at SingTel Mio TV's EPG they also take the same data.

And StarHub is always ready to broadcast HD (look at the amount of HD channels they have now), the only question is whether they want to carry it or not.

chakuman 04-01-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsun18 (Post 82482459)
You just have to get use to it. Other questions are similarly repeated again and again.

Just a friendly suggestion. Be careful of releasing sensitive info until they are officially announced, unless you are authorised. If it is your own opinion then that's a different story.

Er, there are people asking them in their FB and I just took the answer from them. The MediaCorp digital TV's website also say the same thing. So definitely no sensitive info or whatever.

I am just echoing whatever they said.

radioshack 04-01-2014 03:56 PM

I just bought a SONY LED TV with a integrated TVB-T2 tuner.

The salesperson told me to receive the digital channels, i will just need to connect the TV to the SCV point, no antennae is required. Is this true?

I thought even with a integrated TVB-T2 Tuner, i will also need to get a e antennae

mingfreakrsx 04-01-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioshack (Post 82486338)
I just bought a SONY LED TV with a integrated TVB-T2 tuner.

The salesperson told me to receive the digital channels, i will just need to connect the TV to the SCV point, no antennae is required. Is this true?

I thought even with a integrated TVB-T2 Tuner, i will also need to get a e antennae

The SCV point couldn't receive T2 signals, only analog and DVB-C signals. The salesman must have convey the wrong meaning to you(and maybe others too). If you have a T2 TV, you need an indoor digital antenna or if you have MATV wall point, you could try connecting to it to receive T2 signals. My LG DVB-T2 integrated TV couldn't receive T2 signals when connected to the SCV point. What model is your Sony TV? :)

SilveR1_09 04-01-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioshack (Post 82486338)
I just bought a SONY LED TV with a integrated TVB-T2 tuner.

The salesperson told me to receive the digital channels, i will just need to connect the TV to the SCV point, no antennae is required. Is this true?

I thought even with a integrated TVB-T2 Tuner, i will also need to get a e antennae

You go back to the shop, u go cock the salesperson head.
LOL!

He obviously don't know his stuff.
And try to pull a fast one on you.

radioshack 04-01-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mingfreakrsx (Post 82486606)
The SCV point couldn't receive T2 signals, only analog and DVB-C signals. The salesman must have convey the wrong meaning to you(and maybe others too). If you have a T2 TV, you need an indoor digital antenna or if you have MATV wall point, you could try connecting to it to receive T2 signals. My LG DVB-T2 integrated TV couldn't receive T2 signals when connected to the SCV point. What model is your Sony TV? :)

KDL-42W674A..is this a good model?

mingfreakrsx 04-01-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioshack (Post 82488785)
KDL-42W674A..is this a good model?

Yes i think it's quite a good model, it design is nice. I got the LG 42LN570T and it's a good model. I like the smart tv interface and the design of the TV im beginning to love it :D

noobzpro 04-01-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioshack (Post 82488785)
KDL-42W674A..is this a good model?

compared this side by side wif lg and panney equivalents and the pq is really cui on this imo

radioshack 04-01-2014 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noobzpro (Post 82489946)
compared this side by side wif lg and panney equivalents and the pq is really cui on this imo

i was deciding between this and the LG counterpart. But maybe i trust sony brand more :)

The Panasonic 1 was out of stock

mingfreakrsx 04-01-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radioshack (Post 82490104)
i was deciding between this and the LG counterpart. But maybe i trust sony brand more :)

The Panasonic 1 was out of stock

Is the Panasonic model you are looking for is 42E6s? The LG model as of the 42LN570T? :)

AnDyLe0 04-01-2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chakuman (Post 82486140)
I do not have insider news on that.

StarHub named them (HD) is because they take the data directly from the MediaCorp EPG. If you go look at SingTel Mio TV's EPG they also take the same data.

And StarHub is always ready to broadcast HD (look at the amount of HD channels they have now), the only question is whether they want to carry it or not.

for starhub EPG, i noticed that they didn't put (HD) word at the titles for ch8, but hide it inside the description... but for suria and vas, they put (HD) at the titles... dunno why got such diff.
anyway, starhub EPG has removed all the (HD) word now, except for ch5 and HD5... seems like they don't want ppl to ask about the HD thing.

why ppl keep asking "when" pay tv will carry hd, that's because there is no timeline announced to the public on the discussion... so the public is interested to know the progress and an estimated waiting time, eg. next mth, mid 2014, end 2014 or after 2016.
and also last time when starhub finally carried HD5, there are some disagreements like this:
No HDTV for some because of StarHub-MediaCorp spat

as for whether starhub is going to open new channel numbers for mediacorp hd, or re-use ch 102-108, i'm still waiting... of course separate channel numbers will be better as hubstation hd users can choose to record sd (less space) or hd (more space).
but looking at mediacorp only got ch8(HD) and no ch8(SD) for DVB-T2 transmission, after 2020 when analogue and DVB-T shutdown, mediacorp will only maintain 7 HD channels and no more SD channels.
so i guess eventually (after 2020), only HD channels will remain.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.