HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Digital TV (DVB T2) in Singapore [consolidated]

Like Tree190Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #1096
Greater Supremacy Member

This question at least I can contribute as I'm searching it yesterday.

http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/Digital...oReceiver.aspx
http://www.mda.gov.sg/Public/Digital...RReceiver.aspx

I think the link in the first page has some characters removed, thus, not working.

Ok... Thanks alot
Old 22-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #1097
Banned

starhub given grants to produce free to air prog
Yeah but those free prog are mostly at SS Arena.

The channels are placed in between Channel 5 HD.
Old 22-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #1098
Arch-Supremacy Member

corrected the error. thanks for pointing that out.
Nah, I'm pretty sure you know that too
Old 22-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #1099
Banned

Guys.

I can confirm that StarHub TV channel 154 is Channel 8 HD.

Just switched to the channel, toggled the audio, and it is the same output as Channel 8 SD. And there is also a subtitle option.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #1100
Honorary Member

Guys.

Just switched to the channel, toggled the audio, and it is the same output as Channel 8 SD. And there is also a subtitle option.
Indeed... hopefully it can be unencrypted and receivable by DVB-C tuners soon.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

PM me if you require Keppel Electric referral code.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #1101
Honorary Member

Btw I received this tuner liao.

I'm pleased to report that it works in receiving the Singapore channels. Just one quirk is that for HD channels, the audio do not automatically come on, but that's because somehow, the audio is not under the default (English) option, so we have to manually select to the alternative audio channel when we tune into a HD channel.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Old 22-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #1102

dvb t2

Hallo guys. i am able to receiver ALL Digital Channels such as HD5 , HD8 , HD Suria , HD Vas , CNA, Okto and channel U via Draco SET TOP BOX in Batam Indonesia.currently i have 3 receivers for testing and the results are great. I use my Outdoor Antenna face to Singapore. I can get the strenght signal (92%). Firstly i bought Getmecom in jakarta, it supports DVB t2 indonesia and DVB t1 singapore due to getmecom demulator msb 1230 (not support 1.3.1) and then i bought draco in singapore at best vivo. Viola... get all the HDs. and the last i have a dvb t2 brand mpeg4 made in china, it works also. i also sell dvb t2 receiver made from china (support singapore standard 1.3.1) in batam and price S$60 per unit. for 2 units S$110 only.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #1103
Arch-Supremacy Member

Guys.

You are using the HD box right? Did you subscribe to HD services?
Old 22-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #1104
Honorary Member

Hallo guys. i am able to receiver ALL Digital Channels such as HD5 , HD8 , HD Suria , HD Vas , CNA, Okto and channel U via Draco SET TOP BOX in Batam Indonesia.currently i have 3 receivers for testing and the results are great. I use my Outdoor Antenna face to Singapore. I can get the strenght signal (92%). Firstly i bought Getmecom in jakarta, it supports DVB t2 indonesia and DVB t1 singapore due to getmecom demulator msb 1230 (not support 1.3.1) and then i bought draco in singapore at best vivo. Viola... get all the HDs. and the last i have a dvb t2 brand mpeg4 made in china, it works also. i also sell dvb t2 receiver made from china (support singapore standard 1.3.1) in batam and price S$60 per unit. for 2 units S$110 only.
Since u are in Batam, can u check for me, what are the Indonesian DVB-T2 channels that are being broadcast now, and their raw frequencies? I would like to test my tuner and antenna to see if I can receive them from Singapore.

Old 22-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #1105
Arch-Supremacy Member

can only go batam to buy from u?
Old 22-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #1106
Banned

You are using the HD box right? Did you subscribe to HD services?
Yes to both questions.

Btw you only need the HD boxes. There is no need to sign up any HD packs.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:57 PM   #1107
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm pleased to report that it works in receiving the Singapore channels. Just one quirk is that for HD channels, the audio do not automatically come on, but that's because somehow, the audio is not under the default (English) option, so we have to manually select to the alternative audio channel when we tune into a HD channel.
I see. Do you have to do it every time or once?
Old 22-01-2014, 03:58 PM   #1108
High Supremacy Member

wah ... cannot set default language?
Old 22-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #1109
Honorary Member

I see. Do you have to do it every time or once?
Every time.

Old 22-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #1110

do u get sounds for all three audio channels of hd5? how is the sound quality? clear or blur? thanks!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.