HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HDTV, Digital TV and antenna discussion thread [consolidated]

Like Tree26Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #256

Hopefully the the DVB-T2 fully deployed, it can be easily received by the small antenna normally come with the dongle.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #257

the contractor just called me saying nothing can be done as hdb uses an old antenna system that cannot receive HD channels. he also said that mediacorp website states home viewers have to get an indoor antenna in order to receive HD channels. I also asked if HDB is ever going to upgrade the antenna, he laugh and said no.

he suggests to get an indoor antenna after end of this year as mediacorp will be rolling out the new T2.
are u able to recv analog Ch U & CNA from rooftop antenna~?

Old 09-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #258
Honorary Member

the contractor just called me saying nothing can be done as hdb uses an old antenna system that cannot receive HD channels. he also said that mediacorp website states home viewers have to get an indoor antenna in order to receive HD channels. I also asked if HDB is ever going to upgrade the antenna, he laugh and said no.

he suggests to get an indoor antenna after end of this year as mediacorp will be rolling out the new T2.
Are u able to receive any DVB-T channels now? Currently all the channels are on 610Mhz after MediaCorp moved the non-HD channels CH5, CH8 and CNA (previously 538Mhz) to be the same with HD5 @ 610Mhz.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #259
Honorary Member

are u able to recv analog Ch U & CNA from rooftop antenna~?
yes, but for CHU very very grainy. other channels are just less grainier
Are u able to receive any DVB-T channels now? Currently all the channels are on 610Mhz after MediaCorp moved the non-HD channels CH5, CH8 and CNA (previously 538Mhz) to be the same with HD5 @ 610Mhz.
yes, using indoor antenna, 610Mhz for CH5, HD5, CH8 and CNA
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #260
Arch-Supremacy Member

yes, using indoor antenna, 610Mhz for CH5, HD5, CH8 and CNA
wah which antenna u using? me also beoing wanna change...
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #261
Master Member

... Currently all the channels are on 610Mhz after MediaCorp moved the non-HD channels CH5, CH8 and CNA (previously 538Mhz) to be the same with HD5 @ 610Mhz.
Wow, things change so fast, hard to keep track, since when? By the way, I don't watch tv.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #262
Honorary Member

wah which antenna u using? me also beoing wanna change...
those type of obiang one got dish in front and 2 extendable antenna behind. need electricity and can adjust the power.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #263

suggest u tell HDB that u wanna watch analog ChU & CNA thru MATV, their freq are 527.25 & 559.25Mhz respectively, which are the closest channels to 610Mhz~ if u can get perfect CNA reception, chances of receiving hd5 is higher~

Old 09-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #264
Honorary Member

suggest u tell HDB that u wanna watch analog ChU & CNA thru MATV, their freq are 527.25 & 559.25Mhz respectively, which are the closest channels to 610Mhz~ if u can get perfect CNA reception, chances of receiving hd5 is higher~
i think the contractor dont want to do anything leh, cos he ask me wait until T2 roll out end of this year and as for the time being, watch from SCV point

anyway, long time ago i bought a DVB-T set top box, i now waiting for my HDMI cable to arrive, then i connect it to my tv. so i can switch between digital and analogue without changing the antenna.

btw, i tried the 720p digital CH8/5/CNA, very pixelated on my screen. i think my LG tv cannot do a good upsize
Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #265
Master Member

yes, but for CHU very very grainy. other channels are just less grainier..
Call hdb again, this time tell them U bad and other channels no good, don't mention hd channels.

I suppose you didn't mention this earlier, that's why the contractor didn't bother to turn up.

Edit: the contractor is paid by hdb to do maintenance.

Last edited by mrsun18; 09-04-2013 at 11:50 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #266
Honorary Member

Wow, things change so fast, hard to keep track, since when? By the way, I don't watch tv.
According to the thread created, probably earlier than 14 March 2013.

[Digital TV] Those watching Digital 8, Digital 5 and Digital CNA on 538MHz take note ... - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #267
Honorary Member

those type of obiang one got dish in front and 2 extendable antenna behind. need electricity and can adjust the power.
Do take note when u use powered antenna. Sometimes such antenna boost certain frequencies and attenuate other frequencies... if the channel u are interested is in the boosting range then ok, otherwise u might not be able to tune to the channel.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #268

i think the contractor dont want to do anything leh, cos he ask me wait until T2 roll out end of this year and as for the time being, watch from SCV point

anyway, long time ago i bought a DVB-T set top box, i now waiting for my HDMI cable to arrive, then i connect it to my tv. so i can switch between digital and analogue without changing the antenna.

btw, i tried the 720p digital CH8/5/CNA, very pixelated on my screen. i think my LG tv cannot do a good upsize
the contractor just wanna get the easy way out~ my experience, the hdb contractor asked me why i wanna connect to rooftop antenna, i told them i wanna watch tv2 and my tv is near the MATV point instead of scv point (i made up the story)~ they told me, im the only households that connected MATV in the whole block~

anyway, i complain to hdb officer again and they got the contractor fix the reception w/o question ask~

Last edited by sunsetbay; 10-04-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #269
Arch-Supremacy Member

ya me go buy buy one soundtech one see see if can view better liao...HDB antenna cant receive digital liao...
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #270
Master Member

According to the thread created, probably earlier than 14 March 2013.

[Digital TV] Those watching Digital 8, Digital 5 and Digital CNA on 538MHz take note ... - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
After I posted my comment, manual rescan my samsung tv on chan29, message says "3 channels are memorised". Rescan chan38, message says "4 channels are memorised.

For clarity, channels in message means frequencies, or programmes, if you like.

Confirmed dig 5, dig 8 and dig CNA are on both channels on my tv. Can you please verify at your end?

Note: the meaning of channel got to be taken in context.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.