HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

HDTV, Digital TV and antenna discussion thread [consolidated]

Like Tree26Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 12:51 AM   #706
Great Supremacy Member

Haha, the support people at TBS do not know what we are doing in sg.

T2-Lite is to support mobile and portable TV#, which we are not doing anytime soon.
Source: # http://www.dvb.org/resources/public/..._factsheet.pdf

* http://www.mda.gov.sg/Reports/Consul...A_TS_DVBT2.pdf
Ya have to clarify further with them and thks for the links

So basically, to make a DVB-T2 device 1.3.1 compliant just requires an updated driver?
Ya that was what i thought too but TBS reply hints that it is a matter of hardware while Astrometa hints it's a question of an updated driver

Update: Better news from Blackgold ^^

Last edited by batuchka; 05-12-2013 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: updated with response from blackgold
Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #707
Master Member

Ya that was what i thought too but TBS reply hints that it is a matter of hardware while Astrometa hints it's a question of an updated driver
Hardware (with firmware) and driver may mean different things to different people. So they may be used in confusing ways.

Nice to hear that. As explained earlier, T-2 Lite is an optional feature. The statement V1.3.1 compliant from BlackGold doesn't tell you whether it includes T-2 Lite or not. [I know sg doesn't need T-2 Lite]

And inside the main V1.3.1, there are also other options not apparent to most of us. So the question of whether V1.3.1 compliant products, when they are available, support sg standard or not can only be settled by testing.

Note: I always take replies from support and sales people with plenty of salt. Similarly for official replies.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #708
Honorary Member

Ya have to clarify further with them and thks for the links

I see.... but the Blackgold tuners are very expensive, including shipping.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 26 Nov 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #709

Some house keeping
This thread is getting quite long and the valuable info is hidden amidst the chat.
So I have opened a new thread for this.

Those antenna building experts and reception experts, please post your useful info in the new thread:

HDTV talk - antenna and reception issues [consolidated - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Thanks and thread closed.

Use the Search Button and Read the Stickies!

My home theatre gear and my blog:

https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020...tup-22020.html
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.