HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hisense TV

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2019, 11:30 PM   #196

Brother, it only changes some of the GUI to English but the rest of the firmware remains in Chinese with Chinese Apps. The main app doesn't allow me to register till the time I don't have a working mainland China cell number. I am also unable to install popular apps like YouTube, Netflix etc and can't surf net thru it. Basically, I can only use it as a TV, not a smart TV.
rehan1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 11:41 PM   #197
Banned

Didnt know there is this brand. Will look into it.
海信電視當前祗有AudioHouse有得賣。必須一提,AudioHouse係賣家,也係保固承擔商家。海信電視本地保固唔係好有多人會贊嘅喲!
東芝電視由海信造。雖然也係一年全保,二三年,入口商,保固承擔卻係另外一個商家。
Ed.YEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 07:58 AM   #198
Master Member

Brother, it only changes some of the GUI to English but the rest of the firmware remains in Chinese with Chinese Apps. The main app doesn't allow me to register till the time I don't have a working mainland China cell number. I am also unable to install popular apps like YouTube, Netflix etc and can't surf net thru it. Basically, I can only use it as a TV, not a smart TV.
Those are chinese apps. Even if you use english/global firmware. They will remain as chinese.

Hisense OS officially does not support third party apps install. (But it can, download apk and install it thru usb, tho it does not work all the time, not responsible if ur tv is bricked tho, but it shld be fine so long its not google services) Netflix HD is not supported on all chinese devices.

Basically if you wanted to use local smart features, you shouldnt go with hisense exported tv to begin with. When I Bought this, I only wanted its image quality, i intended to calibrate and use it mainly only for my PC, and maybe rarely used channel 8 and chinese app to watch chinese anime.

The only exported TV that *may or may not work with google services* is Xiaomi coz they officially support third party apps install, rooting and have miui forum.

Last edited by produde1999; 22-01-2019 at 08:14 AM..
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #199

Those are chinese apps. Even if you use english/global firmware. They will remain as chinese.

Hisense OS officially does not support third party apps install. (But it can, download apk and install it thru usb, tho it does not work all the time, not responsible if ur tv is bricked tho, but it shld be fine so long its not google services) Netflix HD is not supported on all chinese devices.

Basically if you wanted to use local smart features, you shouldnt go with hisense exported tv to begin with. When I Bought this, I only wanted its image quality, i intended to calibrate and use it mainly only for my PC, and maybe rarely used channel 8 and chinese app to watch chinese anime.

The only exported TV that *may or may not work with google services* is Xiaomi coz they officially support third party apps install, rooting and have miui forum.
I see....So basically I am stuck....😥😥
rehan1501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #200
Banned

belih murah, funsion susah...
Ed.YEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #201

Try Dangbei market. It will at least make it quite a bit smarter.
https://m.dangbei.com/haixin.html
https://www.znds.com/jc/waplist/82.html

Apps collection.
http://down.znds.com/

They have lots of apps for Chinese Entertainment. You need to use VPN for some of the top VOD apps but there are quite a few no need VPN. Live TV apps usually also no need VPN.

Also check if there is a built-in cast apps, usually there is one. If not you can install happycast 乐播投屏 and then you can cast from your iOS or Android device or your PC/Mac.

Edit to add: if you are not into Chinese Entertainment then probably it is a good idea to spend S$70-80 on a Xiaomi Mi Box S running official Android TV OS which supports Netflix 4K and YouTube 4K and has built-in Chromecast 4K function. Then you can have access to many apps through its Google Play Store or sideloading.

Last edited by xiaofan; 22-01-2019 at 09:53 PM..
xiaofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2019, 11:45 PM   #202

is this tv brand good?
Tan Gee Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2019, 08:23 AM   #203
Master Member

is this tv brand good?
not gd for local sets
produde1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #204
Supremacy Member

can someone verify if can install those 4d Toto (result) apps? buying one for my mum.

Sent from my friend's phone using GAGT
kevinlaikf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #205
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just get a mi Box s, will solve your prob
Sendoh82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #206

has anyone gone to the sale at AudioHouse?

They have the Hisense 50M5010. Is it worth buying or should I just opt for another brand? To be honest, I'm not looking for an expensive TV and my budget is around 600. The max that can shell out is 800 at most.
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2019, 09:02 PM   #207

so, I'll to answer my question. The color is a little, how should i say this, whitish in a way. It was sitting side by side with another brand and I can see the difference between the two.

I was really keen on getting this TV but decided not to.

has anyone gone to the sale at AudioHouse?

They have the Hisense 50M5010. Is it worth buying or should I just opt for another brand? To be honest, I'm not looking for an expensive TV and my budget is around 600. The max that can shell out is 800 at most.
donetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #208

just bought 55A6501UW at q10 for $645.

Any comments on this set? Chinese wordings no issue for me but someone mentioned cannot see netflix hd? then no netflix 4k too?

Only youtube for me to enjoy? If so then i better cancel it while i still can. thanks in advance.
Richliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:35 PM   #209

you bought your hisense from audio house?

Last edited by Richliao; 10-08-2019 at 02:37 PM..
Richliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.