HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Hisense TV

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

My hoot from qoo10 lai liao. Pardon the poorly taken pictures.

Appearance wise, the borders(bezel) are pretty thin. The 2 feet stands are wide apart which meant you need a decently large console or table. My 90cm wide console only just nice to place the tv on with both of the stands right on the edges of the console. Dull silver finish on the borders and feets which looks pretty much like the majority of led tvs out there now.

System wise, it slightly sluggish. For example when going through the various settings, moving from section to section or page to page there is a noticeable lag of around 1-2 seconds. Very often, a single up or down press on the remote will register as 2 inputs e.g. single press to increase volume by 1 will result in +2 instead. Minor annoyance for me but no big deal. This TV is not exactly a full smart system since it doesnt run on any OS. There are built-in app likes Netflix, youtube, facebook and a hosts of other multimedia apps which i think cant be used locally. Have yet to try out the Netflix app as my trial account has already expired.

Sound quality, as with most other led tv in the market nowadays, sound is probably the weakest point. Standard 2x 10w speakers. There are options to enchance the bass and give the sound a "surround" feel and its pretty much a must to turn these options on. Without these options, the sound is loud but thin and hollow.

Picture quality is the biggest wow factor for me, especially considering my previous tv set was only hd ready and the jump to 4k is a big stepup. Mediacorp hd tv channels looked a lot nice than before although at times wordings on the screen do look abit pixelated probably due to upscaling. This TV supports HEVC media playback through USB and all the 4K sample clips i downloaded online can be played smoothly. Colours are rich and vibrant. I have yet to fully explore and optimize the picture settings but the standard picture mode looks nice enough in my eyes.

Overall, i paid a total of around $700(Base price + additional warranty - qoo10 coupon - GSOF 10% rebate - $10 shopback cashback) and another $15 for a indoor digital antenna. If i had not opted for longer warranty, i would have had only paid $630 for it. You would have struggled to find a 50 inch FHD set going for this price locally, let alone 4K. Not having local warranty might be a worry but really at this price, its a compromise i am willing to take. This is really a once in a lifetime kind of deal so no need think too much. Hoot liao then talk. Then again, i think seller has already sold out his allocation of 10 sets so doubt we will ever see such a price again.

Add: Tested out Netflix app by creating another trial acct and yes it works. But i am not sure if the videos are playing back in UHD(i did select the UHD plan type during acct creation). Probably HD quality at least.

Also, this set is malaysian stock as the enclosed warranty card's service center address is some place in Selangor. For this qoo10 seller, the issued invoice's address shows its located at Liang Court level 4. Likely affiliated or subsidiary of Audio House . However, i have no problems when communicating with the seller on qoo10. He/She was prompt to reply to my queries and was nice to adhere to my request of delivery date.
good review man... can u tell us the model number?

is hisense tv good for gaming like playing ps4 on it..? will it have input lag?

or are there any other better 4k models by hisense?
FreshMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:51 PM   #32
Master Member

Hisense 4K 55 inch on qoo10 $800 after coupons worth ?
athletic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 07:03 PM   #33

The Hisense 40" from qoo10 worth it? At $299

zenningout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

This article may be of interest.

http://www.consumerreports.org/lcd-l...isense-or-tcl/
s7460597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 11:35 AM   #35

The Hisense 40" from qoo10 worth it? At $299
Have searched many website. It seems to be the cheapest in the market. Not sure good or not. Also interested as well. But seems like only 1 year warranty.

Sent from Brainy Smurf using GAGT
brainy smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #36
Master Member

Have searched many website. It seems to be the cheapest in the market. Not sure good or not. Also interested as well. But seems like only 1 year warranty.

Note the warranty is from seller. Not local manufacturer
astrokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #37

Note the warranty is from seller. Not local manufacturer
Which means there is no service centre in SG?

brainy smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 03:50 PM   #38

I bought the 55" FHD for about $600 iirc back in Nov. Great picture quality, and very slim bezel, nice! Only thing is responses not so great. The boot time a it slow, like the review, you will see the Hisense logo for about 10 sec before the picture comes on. Change channel takes about a sec but no issue with double press etc like the previous review. With Youtube and Netflix (didn't subscribe), very convenient for binge watching using mobile phone to queue the videos.

No regrets at all for this price.
Old 16-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

If you buy from Audio House than will have local warranty...
Norman Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #40
Master Member

If you buy from Audio House than will have local warranty...
Its warrenty by audio house..
astrokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 12:57 AM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sorry.. thread digger here.

So far is there any issues with this brand?

I have a 40" TV in my living room, and a soon-to-be-faulty LCD TV in the bedroom. I am thinking of either

1) Get a Hisense 50" TV for living room, then swap the current 40" TV into the bedroom

2) Just a 32" Hisense TV for 1-to-1 replacement for the bedroom TV.

I have TV mountings for both. Are they re-usable? Paiseh.. real noob on TVs.

Appreciate replies here..

Thanks!
Old 27-03-2017, 08:52 AM   #42
Arch-Supremacy Member

Up this...

Any comments?

Thanks!
Old 27-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #43

Up this...

Any comments?

Thanks!
Depending on your budget and needs, if u do wish to cut back on cost, y not at least consider Philips or Sharp; have seen at Giant Vivo of pretty ok prices for both brand.

Just my personal thoughts
Old 30-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #44

hey guys.
look out the thread for the review and also opinion.
coming weekend there is IT expo and it selling hisense 50" 4k TV.
however, i read some review of this TV and it not HDR support for ps4. Anyone can confirm this?
if yes i properly go for FHD for more budget since only want HDR for ps4 XD
Jasonrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 08:27 PM   #45

hey guys.
look out the thread for the review and also opinion.
coming weekend there is IT expo and it selling hisense 50" 4k TV.
however, i read some review of this TV and it not HDR support for ps4. Anyone can confirm this?
if yes i properly go for FHD for more budget since only want HDR for ps4 XD
Hi. I mentioned in the other thread the other day when this guy said that the Europe's firmware update include adding HDR support.

You can go to the Italian site which is EU based and it will have the firmwares for this exact TV that can enable HDR10 on the TV. Not bad. Makes me really interested in getting this TV now too. http://www.hisenseitalia.it/televiso...3300-h50m3300/

Also, you must use HDMI 3 and 4 ports as those are the HDMI 2.0 ports and therefore can transfer and receive true 4K with HDR signal.
fan2367 and Jasonrulez like this.
LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.