HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I hate to say that... OLED is better than QLED

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Banned

I hate to say that... OLED is better than QLED

I seen some youtube vidoes comparison of OLED & QLED and seems like OLED color is much much more brighter vibrant than QLED.

QLED color seems abit dullish and plain.

Do correct me if i am wrong.

IF OLED doesn't have the risk of burn in, OLED tv will definitely be my choice of TV.

As you can see from the video on 3:51 the blue (top) LG C9 has more contrast than the bottom(Samsung Q90R)

4:21 the color of the sea & boat LG oled seems to have more realistic color of the sea than QLED.

4:26 the color of the monkey face is much more vibrant and realistic than QLED.

MoHaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Each has its own unique strange. But I would go for QLED. Mainly the heat at panel and panel burn in potential with OLED. Also when you come to the details, QLED win, mainly due to OLED need 4 color dots to make up one image.

But if you looking for sim panel, then only OLED can make it.
cscs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3
Banned

Each has its own unique strange. But I would go for QLED. Mainly the heat at panel and panel burn in potential with OLED. Also when you come to the details, QLED win, mainly due to OLED need 4 color dots to make up one image.

but it says that oled tv can last 10 years = 8 hours of daily usage with no burn in.

as long as you don't watch static image on oled tv, you won't get burn in.

you don't agree that oled color is vibrant than qled?
MoHaMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member

Trust your eyes for comparison and your wallet for tanking your decision
Old 18-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #5

Trust your eyes for comparison and your wallet for tanking your decision
Yeah... Wallet that's count. After much comparison I think if you don't put the TV side by side and you know how to play with the settings... Whatever within your budget is good enough.
Cause even if you buy 8k but without 8k source also no use.
By the time sources is there maybe 16k is here. 🤣
So buy what you feel it's worth.
Dom007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:02 AM   #6
Supremacy Member

everything got pro and cons

thats how bzi world made
vaxvms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:11 AM   #7

as long as you don't watch static image on oled tv, you won't get burn in.
[/I]
Long ago people told me that plasma tv very easy to get burn in. I still have an old Panasonic 42" plasma that refused to die after 12 years of "torturing" it with 70% of the time watching CNA news with few static logos. But no chance to get a single burn in. So disappointing not able to see any burn in after 12 years as my wife refused to change it unless proven got issue.
polygon500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM   #8

If you said something like HDR content in a bright room, I would agree with you, as QLED displays have higher peak brightness compared to OLED.

But details? You are talking about subpixel layout. What makes QLED better than OLED here?
SiaoAngMoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM   #9

If you said something like HDR content in a bright room, I would agree with you, as QLED displays have higher peak brightness compared to OLED.

But details? You are talking about subpixel layout. What makes QLED better than OLED here?
The reason is clear. As OLED use 4 dots (4 subpixel as you mention). So the details can never win LCD panel. If you don't believe, ask the dealer to play same demo footage side by side. The nearer to go, you will notice more.

This has been mentioned in many review. Need not to repeat multiple time.
limpingsim98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

The reason is clear. As OLED use 4 dots (4 subpixel as you mention). So the details can never win LCD panel. If you don't believe, ask the dealer to play same demo footage side by side. The nearer to go, you will notice more.

This has been mentioned in many review. Need not to repeat multiple time.
That's right. Many review in this area. Also take note the 4 color I. oLED panel degarde at different speed (age). Seem red will degarde faster base on testing.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled

Last edited by cscs3; Yesterday at 10:26 AM..
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zdn...arket-squeeze/

And

https://www.zdnet.com/article/is-ole...CAD-00-10aag7e
Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

Long ago people told me that plasma tv very easy to get burn in. I still have an old Panasonic 42" plasma that refused to die after 12 years of "torturing" it with 70% of the time watching CNA news with few static logos. But no chance to get a single burn in. So disappointing not able to see any burn in after 12 years as my wife refused to change it unless proven got issue.
What your wife trying to prove?
lockks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #13

What your wife trying to prove?
Is not he cannot see but may be unable to tell the different. Then every TV will be the same for him. Otherwise Plasma would not be disappearing from the market. How doa good product like this disappearing from market?

Each product has its unique strange. Only product is reliable and last the challenges. Just remember OLED is Samsung baby and why they are not making it to TV and what are they considerations.

Last edited by limpingsim98; Yesterday at 05:11 PM..
limpingsim98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.