LG 2018 OLED TVs - B8, C8, E8, and W8 series

alamak

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's much 4k content on Google Movie Store (SG). iTunes store has much more 4k content. I'm using with apple TV 4k.

Netflix has quite a number of 4k content as well but you need to be on the highest plan. You can sign up for 1 month free on Netflix if you're a new user.

Anyone tried Google movie app on LG TV? I checked a few movies some quite new but all don't have 4K option. Does LG app support 4K movie playback from Google store? Also does the Netflix app support 4K playback? Want to find out more before I sub to netflix :)

Last edited:

lee-turbo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Google movie app on LG TV? I checked a few movies some quite new but all don't have 4K option. Does LG app support 4K movie playback from Google store? Also does the Netflix app support 4K playback? Want to find out more before I sub to netflix :)
Me using Netflix 4k on c7
4k depends on the shows
Not all available in 4k

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

bargin

Reaction score
I went to check out the price of LG OLED at Harvey Norman (JB Paradigm Mall)

If you are getting 65C8 OLED, you can save about $2k. Breakdown of the cost.

RM $12,495/SGD $4,165 (inclusive of extended Product Care)
GST 7%: $291.55
SGD $300, if you wish to arrange a transport to bring it to Singapore.
Total: SGD $4,756.55

I have asked the sale staff about the extended product care. He mentioned 1st 2 years still have to bring back to JB Harvey Norman for repair. The next 3 years then can be repaired in Worldwide (Singapore).

He mentioned that you can transport the TV on a flat surface. The condition is the screen has to face up. Hence, no need to pay transport fee.

For 55C8, there isn't much saving. It is about RM $8,235/ SGD $2,745. After adding the GST, it will be about SGD $2,937.15. Saving is not significant. Better buy in SG.

In conclusion, you can buy 65 inch LG OLED in Malaysia Harvey Norman for huge savings. For 55 inch OLED, better buy in SG.

To bring back to JB and coming back to Sg, another transport cost while would Sg Custom stop you to declare GST tax when coming back ?

BanEle

Master Member
Reaction score
You can bring your TV receipt and tax paid receipt when you return to JB. Transport will be another separate cost.

It is all about how you evaluate the risk and the potential saving. Is 2k tempting for you to take the calculated risk.

So far LEDs, OLEDs I have bought are perfectly fine since day 1. Will I try to save 2k to ignore the 1st 2 year warranty? Currently, I felt 65 inch may be a bit big for my room. So I won't proceed to buy it. Hence, the pull factor not strong for me to proceed. If I am a person who think a 65 inch is a must to have, I will go JB buy. Every dollar saved counts. Haha.

To bring back to JB and coming back to Sg, another transport cost while would Sg Custom stop you to declare GST tax when coming back ?

benjiro

Reaction score
Finally gotten my 55b8 panel replaced for a bright pixel. Was lucky they allowed it as their policy was at least 7. Maybe cos my set was quite new.

They initially replaced with a c8 panel and came back later to change it to a b8 panel. LOL

Local warranty was the saviour for me.
Hi, can I check if you bought it from a retailer like Harvey Norman? Currently my B8, which is about a week old, has a dead pixel but Harvey Norman's customer service is terrible.

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's much 4k content on Google Movie Store (SG). iTunes store has much more 4k content. I'm using with apple TV 4k.

Netflix has quite a number of 4k content as well but you need to be on the highest plan. You can sign up for 1 month free on Netflix if you're a new user.

Me using Netflix 4k on c7
4k depends on the shows
Not all available in 4k

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

Thanks guys. I been using the 55B8 to watch some YouTube videos. Streaming speed quite impressive. No lag even for 4K YouTube video. I started my trial for Netflix. The show list looks impressive to me. Watched a few shows the picture quality really good. Both using the TV build-in Apps. So far I’m very satisfied with this LG OLED55B8 :)

MrLobangKing888

Reaction score
I just brought a LG OLED tv model 55B8, $1899 with free wallmouting and installation, the promoter told me that I can add another $500 for SK8 sound bar but end up I only brought the tv at Punggol waterway point BD. The promoter recommended me to get the OLED and guaranteed the best price in the market. Seen all the post here I believe its really a good price.

alamak

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great price! Looks like they are preparing for the 2019 models.

I just brought a LG OLED tv model 55B8, $1899 with free wallmouting and installation, the promoter told me that I can add another $500 for SK8 sound bar but end up I only brought the tv at Punggol waterway point BD. The promoter recommended me to get the OLED and guaranteed the best price in the market. Seen all the post here I believe its really a good price.

Jo1818

Reaction score
Wa this price power.

mlwang

Master Member
Reaction score

Great price.

When I quoted this price asking for price match at Harvey Norman, they can't match the price. Even said that the price is not for a new set. Any way to check if the TV is new upon delivery?

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great price.

When I quoted this price asking for price match at Harvey Norman, they can't match the price. Even said that the price is not for a new set. Any way to check if the TV is new upon delivery?

I saw from youtube there is a run time counter nt sure if the counter is resettable though

Nights

Master Member
Reaction score

Wah! That’s so much cheaper than what I had paid. I bought just 2weeks ago at same store leh.

N

Reaction score
share my frustrating experience.

I bought my 55B8 from HN because of the satisfaction guarantee, which I believe BD and Courts also have.

first set arrived with 2 dead pixels, rejected on the spot.

the second set arrived, checked for dead pixel, used simple testing video available on youtube to check for colour uniformity, all seem good.
Titan/SGBro advised keeping the box a week for exchange.

1 day later, watched a dark scene and saw vertical lines, thought maybe eyes playing tricks on me, then I went to youtube and found oled test video, indeed, once eyes adjusted, vertical lines were visible.

call salesman, salesman say, make an appt with the LG technician.
call HN, CSO says, because I tested the tele on the spot, only a problematic tv report by the LG technician allows a 1-1 exchange.

I think I must be very unlucky. being very much into IT, it is always possible within 7 days to skip the manufacturer and taking the case up directly with the retailer. Now the retailer is pushing the responsibility to the manufacturer.

Did anyone encounter the LG technician? is he difficult to please?

thanks!

my 2 cents worth... don't test the tele, after they left then check until happy within 7 days... then decide to exchange or not. but exchanged not necessarily no other problems.. yet another risk...:s22:

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.