LG 2018 OLED TVs - B8, C8, E8, and W8 series

N

Reaction score
I done many test.. Especially for 4k Netflix.. Always got buffering using Lan.. Using wifi is swee swee. My router just beside my TV so no problem. Hope c9 is 1gb Lan.
This sounds like poor configuration by Netflix rather than a WiFi vs lan issue. Most NF mkv files are under 10gb, most under 5gb even. By right this is a walk in the park for any 10/100.

However, as end user all we want is for our favorite apps to work. It's great to have people sharing whats broken.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
I done many test.. Especially for 4k Netflix.. Always got buffering using Lan.. Using wifi is swee swee. My router just beside my TV so no problem. Hope c9 is 1gb Lan.

I watch tonnes of Netflix in 4K, no buffering whatsoever on Wired using LG C7. 100 Mbps is more than sufficient so far. Everything loads really fast. Once the video plays, it plays till the end. Something is seriously wrong if you can't get Lan to work properly.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I watch tonnes of Netflix in 4K, no buffering whatsoever on Wired using LG C7. 100 Mbps is more than sufficient so far. Everything loads really fast. Once the video plays, it plays till the end. Something is seriously wrong if you can't get Lan to work properly.
Hmm.. Btw I do speedtest.. Wifi is still way faster.. Abt 3x faster.. Will continue use wifi.

LiLAsN

Master Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Btw I do speedtest.. Wifi is still way faster.. Abt 3x faster.. Will continue use wifi.

I see. Then it's perfectly fine either way. I prefer to use Lan because I can turn it's connection Off by asking Alexa to turn off the Lan Switch. I am not comfortable with the mic on the remote so will only turn it on when I watch Netflix. Else, my content consumption is mostly through PC to TV.

As long as the TV doesn't buffer my Netflix videos, thanks to the 100 Mbps connection, I am perfectly fine.

Oh yes, I do notice the TV takes longer to respond especially when turning On when I have the internet connected to it. Thus, that is another reason for me to have it On or Off only when I need it to be.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Then it's perfectly fine either way. I prefer to use Lan because I can turn it's connection Off by asking Alexa to turn off the Lan Switch. I am not comfortable with the mic on the remote so will only turn it on when I watch Netflix. Else, my content consumption is mostly through PC to TV.

As long as the TV doesn't buffer my Netflix videos, thanks to the 100 Mbps connection, I am perfectly fine.

Oh yes, I do notice the TV takes longer to respond especially when turning On when I have the internet connected to it. Thus, that is another reason for me to have it On or Off only when I need it to be.

LG oled.. Setting I remember have the fast boot up setting.. U go search ard.. It would be faster.

N

Reaction score
LG oled.. Setting I remember have the fast boot up setting.. U go search ard.. It would be faster.

Fastboot makes my YouTube cast very unstable. I suspect it may cause any sort of cast to be unstable. Just to share.

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Was initially looking at the LG B8 as it was quite close to the cheapest OLED 55 inch one can find.

After reading more online reviews and checking and comparing prices between the LG B8 and the Philips 55 Old with Ambilight, I placed order for a new set from courts today for the Philips 873 55 inch.

Used the IMDA voucher and online courts discount, total 1700, including free installation, arm/movable mount and a funke digital antenna.

Couldn't resist at a relatively cheap price for OLED.

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

N

Reaction score
Was initially looking at the LG B8 as it was quite close to the cheapest OLED 55 inch one can find.

After reading more online reviews and checking and comparing prices between the LG B8 and the Philips 55 Old with Ambilight, I placed order for a new set from courts today for the Philips 873 55 inch.

Used the IMDA voucher and online courts discount, total 1700, including free installation, arm/movable mount and a funke digital antenna.

Couldn't resist at a relatively cheap price for OLED.

Check for bright n dead pixel once the delivery man sent it.. Don't let them leave. My friend found 7. Once signed for in good condition n they leave you are stuck with their lousy warranty policy. It is clearly stated on the delivery order which 99% of people ignore. Go YouTube n download video for searching bright n dead pixel.

Of course, for some people ignorance is bliss, from a distance actually these pixels are invisible.

Last edited:

tkdboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Check for bright n dead pixel once the delivery man sent it.. Don't let them leave. My friend found 7. Once signed for in good condition n they leave you are stuck with their lousy warranty policy. It is clearly stated on the delivery order which 99% of people ignore. Go YouTube n download video for searching bright n dead pixel.

Of course, for some people ignorance is bliss, from a distance actually these pixels are invisible.
Thanks for the advice! Will do so!

auzzuro

Reaction score
Just went shopping decided to get 55 inch c8 but sadly was told it was discounted now only can get c9 but cost roughly abt 3.2 k

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.