www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   The House of Displays (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/)
-   -   LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/house-displays-226/lg-82-uhd-smart-tv-82un8100ptb-opinion-6334683.html)

myblackboots 12-07-2020 05:54 AM

LG 82" UHD SMART TV 82UN8100PTB opinion
 
hi guys, im looking to buy the above mentioned tv but i cant find much info from it online.
any members here have this tv? how is the experience for sports watching?
i got a quote from gc for 3699 with 200 voucher and free bracket and installation.
any input is appreciated. thanks!

petetherock 12-07-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblackboots (Post 128416108)
hi guys, im looking to buy the above mentioned tv but i cant find much info from it online.
any members here have this tv? how is the experience for sports watching?
i got a quote from gc for 3699 with 200 voucher and free bracket and installation.
any input is appreciated. thanks!

Try here:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/in...73.0;topicseen

Some folks there have bought it before.
Not bad for a HDMI 2.1 equipped TV.
Make sure you check delivery and warranty terms.

GotBetrayed 12-07-2020 10:07 AM

Donít know if this comes with airplay 2.

petetherock 12-07-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBetrayed (Post 128418368)
Donít know if this comes with airplay 2.

Have a look at the specs sheets - it does

GotBetrayed 12-07-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petetherock (Post 128418619)
Have a look at the specs sheets - it does

If 3.5k for 82 inch... itís a good buy but I believe prices can drop further to like 2.5k

petetherock 12-07-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GotBetrayed (Post 128425660)
If 3.5k for 82 inch... itís a good buy but I believe prices can drop further to like 2.5k

I wouldnít hold my breath on that bro

tjkjean 15-07-2020 04:02 PM

Went Audio House sales and I was comparing this and Samsung 82TU8000.

LG 82UN8100PTB $3699 with $200 choice vouchers and Samsung 82TU8000 $3499

Initially wanted to go for LG cos of IPS screen hard panel and refresh of 100hz.... but after watching for a while... realised the color bit unreal and black is just a patch of black..

Thus went for Samsung.

Received $680 audio house credit to off set future purchase...

petetherock 15-07-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkjean (Post 128494495)
Went Audio House sales and I was comparing this and Samsung 82TU8000.

LG 82UN8100PTB $3699 with $200 choice vouchers and Samsung 82TU8000 $3499

Initially wanted to go for LG cos of IPS screen hard panel and refresh of 100hz.... but after watching for a while... realised the color bit unreal and black is just a patch of black..

Thus went for Samsung.

Received $680 audio house credit to off set future purchase...

FYI
The 82Ē is a VA panel ..

gaolow 15-07-2020 08:33 PM

LG 82UN8100PTB.
Pictures taken from Youtube 4K video.
No calibration of the TV yet.

With Windows open and window shade up.
https://i.imgur.com/l3Ijecy.jpg

With window shade down and room light on.
https://i.imgur.com/r8c1qN0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LNRoCJo.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/eRC3qNs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2EJ6kFz.jpg?1

With window shade down and room light off.
https://i.imgur.com/dPuYcws.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Dc8A7qj.jpg

With Film setting on. LG default setting.
https://i.imgur.com/MiAOEqJ.jpg

myblackboots 17-07-2020 01:04 AM

thanks for the input guys.
think i will go for the LG over samsung because of the 100hz over 60hz.

petetherock 17-07-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblackboots (Post 128524367)
thanks for the input guys.
think i will go for the LG over samsung because of the 100hz over 60hz.

The LG also has Hdmi 2.1
Not bad for the price

Apparatus 17-07-2020 07:56 AM

Re
 
You buying an antique? 82 inch with 4K is a waste for such a size

Should get the 8K version......future-proof

FYI, now the 12K version is available for camera leow

https://www.engadget.com/blackmagic-...220916483.html

:D

GotBetrayed 17-07-2020 09:08 AM

100hz important if you intend to buy ps5

myblackboots 18-07-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apparatus (Post 128525665)
You buying an antique? 82 inch with 4K is a waste for such a size

Should get the 8K version......future-proof

FYI, now the 12K version is available for camera leow


:D

ya lo buy antique.

petetherock 19-07-2020 09:56 AM

Sure you can get an 8k TV, if money is no object and all your sources are UHD material..


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.