LG Samsung or Sony? 55" tv

kentona

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm getting a 55" 4K smart tv for my new home.
Can I know which model is good for the following:

1. DLNA compatible
2. Streaming from websites
3. Soccer watching
4. Bluetooth pairing for headphones

Not looking at the latest models like qled or oled, coz really too ex. Anyone can recommend which model I should look out for?

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm getting a 55" 4K smart tv for my new home.
Can I know which model is good for the following:

1. DLNA compatible
2. Streaming from websites
3. Soccer watching
4. Bluetooth pairing for headphones

Not looking at the latest models like qled or oled, coz really too ex. Anyone can recommend which model I should look out for?
What do you mean by streaming from websites? TV built-in browser then load the website and play the embedded video?

DLNA compatible is not the main issue, it's the supported codecs you should be worried about, unless you re-encode your videos then no issue. Nowadays modern codecs like HEVC, H265, AC3, AAC, may or may not be supported 100% by the TV, but are easily supported by smart device players. One way to avoid this issue is to have a TV that uses Android as the OS. AFAIK only Philips and Sony use Android. Panny uses Firefox OS, Samsung uses Tizen and LG webOS.

U mentioned soccer watching means? You want to avoid ghosting from fast moving images?

Bluetooth pairing, you need a TV that supports A2DP built in, Samsung has it, but Sony and LG don't (they only allow you to pair their own soundbars). Could be mistaken on this, but pretty sure Sony cannot.

kentona

Reaction score
Hey arcana75, thanks for your reply :)

Yes I mean playing the embedded video from the website via the tv built in browser.

Didn't really take into consideration for the supported codecs. I always thought that DLNA would mean I can watch any vids. Thanks for educating me.

Yes I watch Soccer on tv and wanna avoid the lagginess. So far I have been using LG Smart tv, dun really have such issues. Not sure about other Brand’s.

Anyway to allow pairing of Bluetooth headphones? I think I should just bring down my headphones to courts to try out.

Thanks for answering my queries anyway

What do you mean by streaming from websites? TV built-in browser then load the website and play the embedded video?

DLNA compatible is not the main issue, it's the supported codecs you should be worried about, unless you re-encode your videos then no issue. Nowadays modern codecs like HEVC, H265, AC3, AAC, may or may not be supported 100% by the TV, but are easily supported by smart device players. One way to avoid this issue is to have a TV that uses Android as the OS. AFAIK only Philips and Sony use Android. Panny uses Firefox OS, Samsung uses Tizen and LG webOS.

U mentioned soccer watching means? You want to avoid ghosting from fast moving images?

Bluetooth pairing, you need a TV that supports A2DP built in, Samsung has it, but Sony and LG don't (they only allow you to pair their own soundbars). Could be mistaken on this, but pretty sure Sony cannot.

Pl8888

Reaction score
Only selected 2017 Sony models support Bluetooth pairing x8500E , x9000E , x9300E and x9400E and u have to use Sony headphones đŸ˜€ . Another way is to get a Bluetooth adapter and connect through optical input from the tv .

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.