HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #151
Master Member

I think reception of Malaysian/Indonesian digital channels depends not just on location but also on your DVB-T2 tuner.
Initially when they were testing DVB-T transmissions, i could receive both Malaysian and Indonesian channels on my Humex STB. (I posted on HWZ forum)
Now with cheap China brand DVB-T2 STB the receiver picks up signals ('strength' and 'quality' goes on and off) but doesnt tune-in to the stations.
Probably tuner sensitivity is low.
Can only tune in to Mediacorp stations.
BTW i am located at east-coast and should have no problem receiving Batam digital tv,
Indeed tuner is one of the factors that may affect the reception outcome. Tuner sensitivity is seldom revealled in product specifications, though there are exceptions such as Draco (-70dBm to -15dBm). Besides sensitivity, how good is the algorithm within the demodulator inside the tuner to error correct degraded signal (signal quality) is another measurement.

To add to the confusion, the combined effect of signal strength and signal quality determines the reception outcome. Say the strength is not so good but the quality (measurement of multipath reflections -ghosting in analogue tv, and interference) is excellent, reception is still good. On the other hand, if strength is excellent but quality is poor, reception may not be possible.

I remembered your earlier post. If there is no change of antenna, you should be able to receive t2 since it requires less signal than t1. However do note that signal strength also depends on the transmitter power deployed.

Ch 28 is the latest Batam test channel. You may wish to try and let us know the outcome.

Last edited by mrsun18; 04-03-2019 at 12:54 AM..
mrsun18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:10 PM   #152

https://www.facebook.com/mytvbroadcasting/
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 02:05 PM   #153

Hi bro,

Currently I have LG tv with dvb-t2 tunner. But I try to search ch47, but not able to receive any Malaysia channels but able to receive sg FTA channels. not sure what antenna u guys using. Any recommendations?

currently staying at bukit panjang area

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT
maboklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:46 PM   #154
Master Member

Hi bro,

Currently I have LG tv with dvb-t2 tunner. But I try to search ch47, but not able to receive any Malaysia channels but able to receive sg FTA channels. not sure what antenna u guys using. Any recommendations?

currently staying at bukit panjang area

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 5 using GAGT
Spend some time reading through the thread. You will find that antennae that work for some may not work for others in different locations. For example, Funke DSC-550 has an indicative reception range of 40Km, but results vary.

Best to get one from stores that have refund/exchange policy. If it doesn't work for you, you can then change for another make/model.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #155
Master Member

Possible Reasons For Poor Reception of Malaysia Digital TV

This may explain the reasons for the current difficulties experienced...

https://www.mcmc.gov.my/media/press-...-tv-service-di
Old 11-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #156
Master Member

Locations of Malaysia Digital TV Transmitters

Those in southern Johor include Gunung Pulai, Skudai and Taman Sentosa.

You can even have a street view of the transmitters.

Use google translate if necessary.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?...348728806&z=11
Old 11-03-2019, 05:01 PM   #157
Master Member

Transmitter at Gunung Pulai

Transmitter at Skudai

Transmitter at Taman Sentosa

The building at Taman Sentosa belongs to TM, which is in dispute with MYTV. That explains the interuption to the reception of digital tv.

Last edited by mrsun18; 11-03-2019 at 05:16 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 06:14 PM   #158

Just for the info.
Few days ago, one guy knock the door and ask us whether we have DTV reception, he then help us to install the DTV kit for free on my old TV. the DTV brand is NewMedia with M1 stick on it.
After set up, it can receive Singapore DTV Channels only. Today I do a manual scan on Channel 47 and found all the Malaysia Channels, like above list except for last two Channels, the TV antenna is just stick on top of my TV. I am on 29 HDB floor, REDHILL
Did the installers perform auto-scan, or they already manually tuned to Singapore frequencies beforehand, or they manual tune it on the spot upon installation?

If they already manually tuned in beforehand, seems like they're being told to do so, so that viewers won't be able to access to Malaysian/Indonesian out from the box.
joshhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:26 PM   #159

No harm to try:

Frequency Indonesia Station Name
24 UHF (digital) RCTI,*MNCTV,*Global TV,*iNews TV
32 UHF (digital) MetroTV
34 UHF (digital) tvOne,*antv,*Sport One
36 UHF (digital) BeritaSatu TV Jakarta
40 UHF (digital) Trans TV,*Trans7,*Kompas TV National
42 UHF (digital) TVRI Nasional,*TVRI Jakarta,*TVRI Budaya,*TVRI Olahraga
44 UHF (digital) SCTV,*Indosiar,*O Channel
48 UHF (digital) Rajawali Televisi

Good luck.....
Ch 28 is the latest Batam test channel. You may wish to try and let us know the outcome.
You receive these Indonesian DTT frequencies inside Singapore, right? Which area? And if yes, then I assume these frequencies are from the Batam tower.

And how about the Ch28 Batam test channel like mrsun18 mentioned? Are you able to receive that as well?

Appreciate if you could share some screenshots on Indonesian DTT channels you receive here.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #160
Master Member

@joshhd

Hi, the info on Batam digital channel was gleaned from an ITU seminar document on Progress of Digital Broadcasting in Indonesia.

If you click on the link to download the pdf document, you can see on p.19 & 20 that Batam is transmitting on Ch 28 at a power of 2Kw. Those transmitters on Sumatra and elsewhere are too far away from sg. This is clearly shown on p. 18.

Needless to say, this is the only frequency/channel that we can hope to receive.

If you are residing in a HDB block where the MATV can receive sg digital tv, try manual scan on this channel and hope for the best (see my other thread https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...2-6001432.html).
Old 11-03-2019, 09:30 PM   #161

@joshhd
If you click on the link to download the pdf document, you can see on p.19 & 20 that Batam is transmitting on Ch 28 at a power of 2Kw. Those transmitters on Sumatra and elsewhere are too far away from sg. This is clearly shown on p. 18.

Needless to say, this is the only frequency/channel that we can hope to receive.
What are the channels available on Ch28 (530MHz)? For Indonesia DTT, are they like Malaysia, where they sandwiched all channels into one frequency, which is Ch28 530MHz?

Or, is Batam already transmitting DTT signals anyway? Cuz it seems like Indonesia are having lots of conflict over the migration to DTT, which causes the delay in ASO.
Old 11-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #162

Smile

Reading all these threads got me interested. In the past football world cup I would use an amplified analog antenna to tune to RTM but the reception and image quality can be a bit iffy.

How is the reception using digital signal from MY channels?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYDBOThVATU&t=55s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYE-8Jb-i4g&t=76s

Enjoys.......
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:42 PM   #163
Honorary Member

Transmitter at Taman Sentosa

The building at Taman Sentosa belongs to TM, which is in dispute with MYTV. That explains the interuption to the reception of digital tv.
No wonder. And yes, the hanging problem started during last year's year end.
mrsun18 likes this.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #164
Master Member

What are the channels available on Ch28 (530MHz)? For Indonesia DTT, are they like Malaysia, where they sandwiched all channels into one frequency, which is Ch28 530MHz?
Yes, both use the DVB-T2 technology, so as you say, many channels are sandwiched in one channel/frequency.

Or, is Batam already transmitting DTT signals anyway? Cuz it seems like Indonesia are having lots of conflict over the migration to DTT, which causes the delay in ASO.
Unknown until we receive user feedback.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #165
Master Member

Reading all these threads got me interested. In the past football world cup I would use an amplified analog antenna to tune to RTM but the reception and image quality can be a bit iffy.
You can try Batam RCTI (Ch 43 analogue) and SCTV (Ch 47 analogue). See my post #150.

How is the reception using digital signal from MY channels?
Bad to impossible as observed by many in this thread. Reason explained in post #155 and confirmed by mrclubbie.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.