HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #301

looks like today is the end of analog transmission in johor and fully switched to dtv

Old 03-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #302

looks like today is the end of analog transmission in johor and fully switched to dtv

Yes, all 6 Malaysian analogue channels is now showing the same ASO message across transmitters from Klang Valley down to all the way down to Johor Bahru.
English Translation:

Analogue TV broadcast has migrated to myFreeview digital TV broadcast in Central and Southern Region of Peninsular Malaysia.

For more info, please log on to www.myfreeview.tv or call 1800-18-1088

1: Connect DVB-T2 decoder and UHF aerial to your TV.

OR

2: Connect an UHF aerial to your IDTV.
The next ASO phase for the rest of Peninsular Malaysia (northern and east coast region) is on 14 Oct, while Sabah and Sarawak is 31 Oct 2019.
joshhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:19 PM   #303
Honorary Member

Last time I heard those living far north of Johor could receive SG channels. I wonder with the switch to digital, can they still receive our channels ?
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #304

Last time I heard those living far north of Johor could receive SG channels. I wonder with the switch to digital, can they still receive our channels ?
Who know? Try it then know.....
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #305

Iíve scanned before the CH47 and CH49 but seems Tampines doesnt have it then
Not all area in SG can received MYTV. It depend on where you stay.... Why not you try receive China programs.....LOL
Old 11-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #306

Not all area in SG can received MYTV. It depend on where you stay.... Why not you try receive China programs.....LOL
Why need talk with torns when kthers are asking genuine questions. Usually i lay off such workers, as they not contributing to my company. Hope you change mindset so that can be a better man
wudimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #307

Why need talk with torns when kthers are asking genuine questions. Usually i lay off such workers, as they not contributing to my company. Hope you change mindset so that can be a better man
I better man than you, stop telling people here that you are **** ........ Read all message that i posted before you comment people....Read carefully, unless you are brainless. Learn your mistake, if can't, stop your post......
If you dislike my post, hide it then.....

Last edited by Durian Shell; 11-10-2019 at 10:01 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #308
pjs

New Indonesian Channels

If u are in east coast area can try Ch46 -674.Mhz.

joshhd likes this.
pjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #309

If u are in east coast area can try Ch46 -674.Mhz.

Only this 674MHz CH 46?

In some situations, simply just auto scan may not detect some channels.
Now, Indonesia (Batam) is transmitting 4 frequency muxes.
These are the 4 Batam DTT frequencies. Try manual search and see if you can get it:

Indonesia:
642MHz Channel 42 - Emtek
658MHz Channel 44 - MNC Group (Currently still off air, for now)
674MHz Channel 46 - Trans Corp
690MHz Channel 48 - TVRI
Old 04-11-2019, 04:18 PM   #310

Thereís no magic to receiving foreign channels
You either live in the area where you can get a signal or not.
Nowadays with so much content available online, is there really a need to go for these channels? Unless itís free football coverage, I donít think so ..
petetherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:45 PM   #311
Honorary Member

Nowadays with so much content available online, is there really a need to go for these channels? Unless itís free football coverage, I donít think so ..
I think if can tune to a MY/ID channel that broadcasts events like Football World Cup, then would be good.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #312

It depends on how you think. Some people just want to enjoy content, and not bother about those technical reception things. Just because those who interested to receive/watch MY/ID channels, doesn't mean they would watch it regularly. Some would just tune in to those channels once in a blue moon to do channel surfing a while.

Majority of the consumers just want to have more variety to consume content, like able to catch it on Toggle, subscribe to OTT service like Netflix, or use those TV boxes to watch hundreds to thousands of oversea TV channels and shows, rather than bother those technical stuff of the digital TV reception. There are people who enjoy having the hobby/interests of receiving TV signals that are not origin from Singapore using the usual UHF TV antenna, monitor signal levels, which antenna is powerful enough to receive such signals, and more. It also known as "DX-ing"

I think if can tune to a MY/ID channel that broadcasts events like Football World Cup, then would be good.
Those locals living in surrounding Batam areas, including Bintan Island, Karimunbesar Island, are able to receive strong signals from all Malaysian and Singapore digital TV channels. Most of them uses outdoor UHF antenna, and many locals there would tune in to Malaysian or Singaporean channels, either because they find their own local channels not so appealing, or they just want to have more choice of channels and content. I mean, more channels to enjoy for free, so why not?

So it is actually assumable that entire Singapore are able to receive Malaysian channels, at least. But because of the ongoing co-channel interference from Indonesia's SCTV and Indosiar analogue TV channels, it is no surprise that many find it challenging to receive Malaysian channels. Even for Johor Bahru viewers, some can only receive all 6 SG channels, but Malaysia ones are either unstable or no signal at all. Imagine, you live in Malaysia, can't receive strong and reliable Malaysian channels, but can receive strong Singapore channels even with indoor antenna at JB. But there are some JB viewers are able to receive MY, SG and even ID channels if signal is strong enough.

Although the Indonesia's analogue and digital TV transmitter power aren't as strong as SG and MY, yet harmful interference like this does happens. And that's also why it is also challenging for us to receive Indonesian DTT channels, even for Johor Bahru viewers.

So it also depends on the "sweet spot" and how powerful your antenna is, even with co-channel interference from 2 Indonesia analogue TV channels, you might still able to receive all Malaysia DTT channels like some of our forumers here. So better get the antenna that is good, long range ones lo, if you want to receive it...

Another contributing factor is because Singapore has lots of HDBs and other high rise buildings, this would affects indoor coverage, making it a little harder to receive, so it really depends on the surroundings, obstacles, and geographical. It's good that signal relays are installed in HDBs so that viewers that have great indoor TV coverage, making Singapore DTT reception easier to receive.

Malaysia is expected to have DTT frequency restacking in the next several months from now as analogue broadcast has officially dead nationwide since 1 Nov. It means, Malaysia DTT frequencies will relocates to another frequencies between 474-690MHz to make way for 700MHz 4G/5G, as well as better utilising vacant frequencies that was previously used for analogue broadcasts. You aware that Malaysia's Mux 2 (RTM channels) are on 698MHz? That use of frequency must go once the 700MHz band for 4G/5G begins operation. All DTT viewers watching Malaysian channels would have to retune/perform scan again once frequencies are being changed. Some receivers may not require viewer to do auto scan manually, as some will auto-update the channel list and frequency itself.

Indonesia is expected to fully switch off analogue nationwide by 2024, so until then, Malaysia have to restack its DTT frequencies to avoid experiencing ongoing interference from SCTV and Indosiar. Once that happens, and no more overlapping with other channels like now, that would significantly improve Malaysian DTT reception for Johor Bahru and Singapore viewers.

At certain prime time hours, some Indonesian stations might air some Hollywood blockbusters movies (original English audio with Indonesian subtitles), and some other non-Indonesian programmes that you might interested. And also, Indonesian news programmes too (that is if you can understand their language lol), and also some selected live sports matches too (commentator might be either in Indonesian or English, it depends).

As in more live sports content, well, you have a free RTM Sports channel from Malaysia
Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #313
Honorary Member

Malaysia 8TV taiwan/HK programmes are not dubbed.

Maintain Hokkien/Cantonese
Old 04-11-2019, 06:28 PM   #314
Honorary Member

the last world cup was live and free on RTM

gone were the old days where we use rabbit ear to receive grainy MY/ID channels to watch soccer
Old 04-11-2019, 06:41 PM   #315

Malaysia 8TV taiwan/HK programmes are not dubbed.

Maintain Hokkien/Cantonese
Oh yes. It's always original audio, even Chinese dialect programmes. It's very rare, or very unlikely to see them air Chinese dialect shows in Mandarin dub.

Last time Korean shows used to air only in Mandarin dub. Nowadays all are in original Korean audio only, with both Malay and Chinese subtitles appear together as well. So far, none of any Malaysia DTT channels has multiple audio language tracks. Perhaps in the future maybe...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.