HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysia and Indonesia DTV reception

Like Tree52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #331
Honorary Member

Depending on your location ?

The nearest transmission tower at Pelangi in a northwest direction from my house.
Then shouldn't the antenna be facing northwest instead? How come face southeast still can receive?

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 14 Oct 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #332

Then shouldn't the antenna be facing northwest instead? How come face southeast still can receive?
certain areas may get signal from multi-paths (reflection)

Last edited by VideoOne2; 09-11-2019 at 12:24 PM..
VideoOne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #333
High Honorary Member

Hi Kiwi, any luck ?
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #334

My MediaCorp reception is good.

Anyway, what are the Indonesia DVB-T2 frequencies?
84% of ? You sure the local channel reception is good if you are really use active antenna?
I placed my active antenna at my bedroom facing north for my bedroom TV. And 2nd TV installed at my living room, active antenna facing south. Both TV received local channel, all are 100% signal quality..... Both TV can received MYTV program.
Take your time to play your active antenna to the correct position (away from the blind spot).......Hope this can help you. Enjoy your experiment

Last edited by Durian Shell; 11-11-2019 at 09:09 PM..
Durian Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:44 PM   #335
Honorary Member

Hi Kiwi, any luck ?
No luck.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #336
Honorary Member

84% of ? You sure the local channel reception is good if you are really use active antenna?
I placed my active antenna at my bedroom facing north for my bedroom TV. And 2nd TV installed at my living room, active antenna facing south. Both TV received local channel, all are 100% signal quality..... Both TV can received MYTV program.
Take your time to play your active antenna to the correct position (away from the blind spot).......Hope this can help you. Enjoy your experiment
84% is not signal quality. That's signal strength, and I'm still getting 100% signal quality from my recordings. It is not hard to get 100% signal quality from even 50% signal strength, or even less, because of the digital cliff effect.

Anyway, my antenna is a passive antenna.

Old 12-11-2019, 08:11 PM   #337

84% is not signal quality. That's signal strength, and I'm still getting 100% signal quality from my recordings. It is not hard to get 100% signal quality from even 50% signal strength, or even less, because of the digital cliff effect.

Anyway, my antenna is a passive antenna.
You mean your Signal Strength cause of Digital cliff Effect? Your super passive antenna can do a better job for you to receive MYTV

Enjoy!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD9..._as=subscriber
Old 13-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #338
Honorary Member

Thinking of buying the antenna in the photo. What do u think?

Old 13-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #339
High Honorary Member

Thinking of buying the antenna in the photo. What do u think?

where is this being sold ?

this one last time people use it for MY/ID channels
mrclubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 08:53 PM   #340
Honorary Member

where is this being sold ?

this one last time people use it for MY/ID channels
Mister DIY outlets.
Old 16-11-2019, 04:09 PM   #341

No luck.
If you really really want to try receive Malaysian channels despite having challenges to receive it, would you or you guys thought of buying an small outdoor antenna from Malaysia?

If you want to buy from sellers that ship to Singapore, hmm this one should be okay:

https://shopee.sg/MYTV-MYFREEVIEW-Di...264.7805270356
If the antenna's reflectors (the top and bottom part one) makes it look bulky for you, you can choose not to assemble that antenna reflectors and still able to get signal, although signal may be weaker. So it can be used in indoors as well due to its small size. Not necessary have to install outside until so obvious one. Can try lor, but if not working, don't blame me ah.
***I'm referring to the product, not the seller... I'm not affiliated nor related to any of the sellers here.

Just to share some info to you guys la... Meanwhile for those that doesn't ship to Singapore one, there are many Malaysian TV antenna installers would recommend this TD-5E and JP-5E outdoor UHF antenna to those who wants to shop for new antenna to receive digital TV channels, especially after Malaysia's analogue switch off few months ago.
This 2 antenna models is known to have pretty strong and reliable reception in receiving Singapore channels in Johor Bahru area too. No booster needed.

https://shopee.com.my/Antenna-Digita...473.1775271235

https://shopee.com.my/JP-5E-Digital-...502.2276791538

If you have any relatives or friends staying in around JB or Malaysia, perhaps you can ask for their help to buy for you, or contact the seller to meet you somewhere near JB. It is believed that some JB sellers are willing to do that, to meet the Singapore buyer in Malaysia (like near JB customs checkpoint, for example) to do cash on delivery, since shipping to Singapore is not the option. But I don't know exactly which seller do that, so don't ask me which seller to recommend you lol.

Last edited by joshhd; 16-11-2019 at 04:45 PM..
joshhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #342

even in JB, mediacorpse TV stations seem to have stronger signal than it's own Malaysia channels~ tested at KSL, also tried out to reset the channels and do an auto search~ it didn't pickup the Msia channels, I have to manual key in to receive it~

Gpgt~
Spoiler!
sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 PM   #343

even in JB, mediacorpse TV stations seem to have stronger signal than it's own Malaysia channels~ tested at KSL, also tried out to reset the channels and do an auto search~ it didn't pickup the Msia channels, I have to manual key in to receive it~

Gpgt~
Spoiler!
Bandwidth is 8MHz, not 6MHz.........

Last edited by Durian Shell; 02-12-2019 at 09:12 PM..
Old 04-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #344

Bandwidth is 8MHz, not 6MHz.........

i only select country Msia & do auto scan~ didn't pickup msia channels~ when tried manual scanning, i input the freq, can't rembr there's was bandwidth option & i got all the channels~ though the signal strength vary 0% to 45%, all the 14 msia DTV channels are watchable w/o break signal~

sunsetbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #345
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone got luck receiving Malaysia channel in Toa Payoh or the more central area of Singapore?
Bumiputera is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.